Cancelled Cruises Refund Tracker/Discussion (merged topics)

Quo Vadis?

8 minutes ago, charmed101 said:

Lol,   I think its more like this:  

- Taking your money from either cruise or CC  is 24/7

- Refund dept. is Mon - Fri from 8 - 4 

With two hours for lunch.  EM

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Why would you be disputing a travel agent?  Their fees are paid by the cruise line.

I don’t know what their fees have to do with anything. The credit card charge is to the online booking company. You pay them, they purchase the airfare. Airfare gets refunded to them, they give you a credit instead of the refund. 

2 hours ago, charmed101 said:

Lol,   I think its more like this:  

- Taking your money from either cruise or CC  is 24/7

- Refund dept. is Mon - Fri from 8 - 4 

I made payments last Thursday on three of my future cruises. All three charges show up in my BOA account as Pending.

I think many believe that Celebrity has some magical system to take in, allocate, disperse funds. I suspect there are actual persons involved and I am glad they are taking the time to review & verify as they go through the refund process. Working from home must be an additional complication! 
Stan

2 rooms for March 27th Silhouette.  Asked for full refund on March 15th (2 days after they cancelled it), Nothing yet for either room, no taxes, port fees, nothing.

Also this would be a great idea to start a new thread with a poll asking for those who have requested a full refund, have you  received it or not.  Then we would see how many have actually had a full refund and how many are still waiting.  From my readings some have received taxes and port fees only if they are also getting a FCC, so far I have seen VERY few, actually only a couple who have received their 100% refund yet.

Edited by doodlefan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, doodlefan said:

2 rooms for March 27th Silhouette.  Asked for full refund on March 15th (2 days after they cancelled it), Nothing yet for either room, no taxes, port fees, nothing.

We were also supposed to be on your sailing.  I asked for a refund 1 day (March 14th) after receiving the cancellation e-mail.  I received a mystery amount ($120) refund on my credit card about 2 weeks ago, but nothing since.  I can't figure out how that amount was gotten to.  The fees/taxes for the trip was $111 a person. 

I talked with my TA today and she said she cancelled our cruise on March 26 and asked for refund.  Celebrity asked for a form to be submitted which she did.  I asked her if she got anything in writing acknowldging the cancellation and she said no.  She said it could take as long as 90 days for them to process.

1 hour ago, sunlover33 said:

Simple question, has anyone managed to receive a full refund ( not just deposit or taxes) for a cancelled cruise without having to resort to chargeback from credit card company? 

Yes! Judging from other posts here maybe we were one of the lucky ones with little hassle. 

We cancelled on the 15th of March. And had everything back on 5th of April. So 3 weeks for us to get everything back. 

We received our cruise credit vouchers Monday, 30th of March and everything else on our cards on the 5th of April.

50 minutes ago, doodlefan said:

From my readings some have received taxes and port fees only if they are also getting a FCC, so far I have seen VERY few, actually only a couple who have received their 100% refund yet.

Edited 46 minutes ago by doodlefan

Yes that’s my reason for asking. I have a suspicion there are very few. I am only asking for full refunds for people who have had their cruises cancelled by celebrity, not for people who have had cruise credit, tax or deposits refunded. It may be worth trying this on a new thread.

28 minutes ago, EmeraldCruiser19 said:

Yes! Judging from other posts here maybe we were one of the lucky ones with little hassle. 

We cancelled on the 15th of March. And had everything back on 5th of April. So 3 weeks for us to get everything back. 

We received our cruise credit vouchers Monday, 30th of March and everything else on our cards on the 5th of April.

Do you got a FCC not a full refund?

I requested a full refund of 3/29 Edge Sailing on or about March 15th....filled out the online form, it asked at least twice if I knew I was giving up the FCC...

FF to today..I received a voice mail and an email from Yvette at Celebrity stating that my FCC would be issued within 2 weeks.  It also said to call them if that wasn't the option I wanted.  Just left her a VM stating that I had filled out the online form requesting a refund mid March after Celebrity gave me that option for the cancellation and that I wanted a full refund of the cruise fare...we shall see where this goes.  

On a side note, I have a booking in Sept with a $50 deposit on Equinox...all 4 perks, great room...good price.  10 day ABC Islands cruise.  IF they won't refund, can the FCC be used to make payment on that booked cruise?

I am wondering if anyone is able to give a positive reply. Had anyone has received a  full refund from RCC following cancellation by the cruise company. I am excluding people who have had future cruise credit, tax, deposits or OBC purchases refunded, or money from chargeback on credit cards or airline fare.  Purely refund of full cruise fare. I suspect there will be very few but happy to be proved wrong. I know there are several threads on similar topics  but they all tend to morph into discussions. I am just trying to find clarity about the state of refunds being made if any. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

I made payments last Thursday on three of my future cruises. All three charges show up in my BOA account as Pending.

I think many believe that Celebrity has some magical system to take in, allocate, disperse funds. I suspect there are actual persons involved and I am glad they are taking the time to review & verify as they go through the refund process. Working from home must be an additional complication! 
Stan

For more complicated cases this  careful review may be needed. But not all files need an accountant to scrutunize,

We cancelled a future cruise , and merely seek a  refund of our long held by X  $500 deposit.  X rep  has already advised of 3 sep amts they are " in process" of refunding. 

They charged the $500 as one sum so no idea why it gets split in 3....and no idea why  it takes so long.   It will be 30 days on  Wed..

5 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

On a side note, I have a booking in Sept with a $50 deposit on Equinox...all 4 perks, great room...good price.  10 day ABC Islands cruise.  IF they won't refund, can the FCC be used to make payment on that booked cruise?

Yes. The FAQs explicitly addresses this, any FCCs can be applied to existing bookings as well as new bookings. I got the same information from my CVP. However, the FCC needs to be in your "account" at Celebrity before it can be used. I will have 125% FCC from my cancelled Apr 17 cruise, but I don't expect I will have it issued, in my account,  in time (May 4) to be used for an upcoming August sailing. 

Stan

• Like 1

On that other thread in a recent post someone said their friends had just recently received their full refund.  Since roughly only 5% of cruisers are on CC there are probably many others who have gotten their refund we just don’t hear about them.

our cancelled cruise was in the 2nd wave so not expecting to see anything until late this month at the earliest.  

Our March 14 cruise was cancelled on the evening of March 13. I put in for a full refund right away on March 14. So far I have seen nothing, I did receive an email and spoke with the executive office on March 22 telling me that one of our cabins had begun the refund process. The other cabin for the same cruise didn’t begin the process until April 2. Not sure why they weren’t done at the same time since we paid for both, but either way we haven’t received any refunds yet at all. 

1 hour ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

Yes. The FAQs explicitly addresses this, any FCCs can be applied to existing bookings as well as new bookings. I got the same information from my CVP. However, the FCC needs to be in your "account" at Celebrity before it can be used. I will have 125% FCC from my cancelled Apr 17 cruise, but I don't expect I will have it issued, in my account,  in time (May 4) to be used for an upcoming August sailing. 

Stan

Thanks..

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've also not received my refund and yesterday filed a dispute with my Credit Card Company.   They gave me a temporary credit so I will not have to pay the charges for now until my refund arrive. 

Did you need to fax them copies of anything?  I sent an email yesterday regarding it all and I have not heard from them as of yet.  Maybe I should call.

4 hours ago, sunlover33 said:

I am wondering if anyone is able to give a positive reply. Had anyone has received a  full refund from RCC following cancellation by the cruise company. I am excluding people who have had future cruise credit, tax, deposits or OBC purchases refunded, or money from chargeback on credit cards or airline fare.  Purely refund of full cruise fare. I suspect there will be very few but happy to be proved wrong. I know there are several threads on similar topics  but they all tend to morph into discussions. I am just trying to find clarity about the state of refunds being made if any. 

I cancelled a cruise in early March.  Received a refund in about 8 days.  I was probably before the first big wave.  Had a cruise cancelled in March by Celebrity.  My TA sent me an email where Celebrity said 6-8 weeks for FCC or refund.