The Post Your Favorite Celebrity Cruise Photos Thread

WonderMan3

Celebrity Reflection. We took a nighttime tour of Rome in 2015, starting in the Forum-Colosseum area. Tour had stop at Piazza Navona for gelato. When we returned for the tour bus our guide informed us we had to cross the bridge over the Tiber, but make sure we looked to the left!!!

DSC01357.JPG

DSC01392.JPG

DSC01405.JPG

• Like 7

Norway is AWESOME!! It's quaint, rugged and the weather can change from minute to minute, which it did several times on this day. Personally, I like the weather cold and snowy and misty, in Norway that is. Seems that's the way it should be. Alesund, Norway. Reflection, June 2019. ALESUND.png.70be525b2a6160e29dd4ba4a3fa9225b.png

Edited by Spif Barwunkel
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Jun 16 2000 Galaxy sailing, 7 night Inside Passage out of Vancouver

When we are not cruising, our other favorite vacation is going to the U.S. national parks.  I have been to 40 of them so far and hope to visit more.  So, it is a rare opportunity where we can combine our passion for cruising with our love for the national parks as we did on this trip.

I have always wanted to cruise Glacier Bay National Park.  Unfortunately 2000 was the first year that Celebrity did not have permits for cruising there.  The mighty Hubbard Glacier (a resident of Wrangell-St. Elias National Park) was substituted instead which Celebrity continues to sail to today.

Undeterred, I ended up booking a private float plane trip to visit Glacier Bay for the day Galaxy called on Juneau.  Although it was a shorter visit than a traditional cruise, we got to experience this park from the air, land, and sea.  Seeing the Johns Hopkins and Margerie Glaciers from the air was stunning.  The pilot also landed the plane on the water and I was allowed to walk out on the pontoon carefully to snap a few Kodachrome photos. 

The highlight of the trip was our water landing at Reid Inlet where we got to go ashore for a while to gaze in solitude and silence at Reid Glacier.  It was there that the pilot took this family picture.  It is ironic that one of my favorite cruise pictures is one that I didn't take.  However I was in that picture which also is a rarity.  If you can see my face clearly in the photo, you can see that I am smiling because it was Father's Day and I was with my family at Glacier Bay!

Sadly, I am told that Reid Glacier is one of the many glaciers that is receding and that it has receded to the point that it no longer touches water (definition of a tidewater glacier) except at high tide.

Glacier Bay.JPG

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, NMTraveller said:

Palace of the Grand Master - Rhodes

AmazonIphone-33.jpg

Love  these .  Rhodes was one of our favorites...a very worthwhile port!  Wish it was an  overnight...

Everyone's amazing photos are motivating me  to action. I am going to dig through  photos downloaded from our  cameras  to pass some time.  We mostly use the tablet camera  on cruises these days.( hard to travel with them & lenses).  We have many old   hard copy photo albums  and  also photos that are saved on the computer from  some of our "older" cruises.

While I am in awe of the photos posted, for me it's the memories  I am enjoying!

• Like 1

Celebrity Solstice. Would you believe this is June 19 2018  cruising Alaska still very light late at night just before the longest daylight of the year!  Taken from our balcony. 

A1A51AC2-7BD0-43F2-B760-55F35FD3E24D.jpeg

Edited by mauimary
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Ffryes Beach in Antigua. Visited there on a Celebrity beach excursion on Silhouette in January 2018.

IMG_E7257.JPG

Living in FL, the Caribbean is sort of in the neighborhood. My wife and I have taken  many land trips over the years and visited most of the islands. That was when we were young guns in the sun. No longer young guns, we are cruising our buns, taking care in the sun, as best we can. We stayed on Antigua for one week, years ago. Lovely beaches. One of the most beautiful, we think, in all the Caribbean is Valley Church Beach on Antigua. On your next visit, check it out.  

• Like 1

A June 2019 shore excursion from Skjolden included a visit to the 12th century Urnes Stave Church. One of the oldest in Norway, it's a magnificent example of traditional Scandinavian all wooden architecture.

DSC_1237.thumb.jpeg.ac2d87a0a68e983b494b4abfd66fa683.jpeg

A view from inside the church, looking out at the Lustrafjorden and the village of Solvorn in the distance.

DSC_1232.thumb.jpeg.ff10516245179a2fe57b69ab23931eec.jpeg

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Living in FL, the Caribbean is sort of in the neighborhood. My wife and I have taken  many land trips over the years and visited most of the islands. That was when we were young guns in the sun. No longer young guns, we are cruising our buns, taking care in the sun, as best we can. We stayed on Antigua for one week, years ago. Lovely beaches. One of the most beautiful, we think, in all the Caribbean is Valley Church Beach on Antigua. On your next visit, check it out.  

Yes, every beach I've visited in Antigua has been beautiful; clear water and soft white sand. Some of the resorts/beach facilities have been iffy, but their beaches are amazing.

• Like 2