P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

15 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Sarah you don't look anywhere near old enough to be a granny, and I thought it was only old timers like my 86 yr old sister who binge watched Tennis on TV.😉

Thank you, good lighting for a photo works wonders 🙂 I definitely feel old enough at the end of the day. 

Well I hope that I am still binge watching tennis when I get to 86! Your sister obviously has good taste in sport viewing 😊

When I was in the 6th form at school many years ago, we had a couple of PE teachers that let a few of us watch Wimbledon in their PE hut (not sure that would be allowed these days!) but that started my interest in tennis. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wowzz said:

I like watching tennis, but I just can't get excited by watching a match with no spectators- it just seems so sterile and impersonal. 

I would rather watch a match with spectators than a match with none.......but I'd much rather watch a match with no spectators than no match at all.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Beckett said:

Hi Sarah. Just read your post and I feel a bit like you - blessed because I'm in a bubble with my granddaughters, but sad for all those who haven't been able to see their grandchildren for such a long time. Grandchildren are a great joy and I love my girls to bits. Let me tell you one thing though - they will never be off the payroll! Enjoy him Sarah. Best wishes. Jane.x

Thanks Jane

I underestimated how expensive having just one small grandchild would be 😂 I daren't add up everything we've spent on him in the last 11 months. We've just spent £400 - £500 on stair gates and thick perspex to block off horizontal banisters across 2 landings.

I also totally underestimated how completely and utterly smitten we would be with him! xx

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

I would rather watch a match with spectators than a match with none.......but I'd much rather watch a match with no spectators than no match at all.

Some would prefer to watch a match with spectators, but no players. Snooker that is🤣

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

Thanks Jane

I underestimated how expensive having just one small grandchild would be 😂 I daren't add up everything we've spent on him in the last 11 months. We've just spent £400 - £500 on stair gates and thick perspex to block off horizontal banisters across 2 landings.

I also totally underestimated how completely and utterly smitten we would be with him! xx

Yep.  Been there, done that, and they are worth every penny.  Apart from the large purchases, it's the little things that we spot when we're out shopping and absolutely must buy for them. Birthdays and Christmas are the most fun - and especially a first birthday which you've got coming up.  Lovely.  Smitten is the word.  Jane.xx

• Like 1

I am finally starting to believe that we may be able to do more than go for a walk in the summer.  The captain of our "shufflers" ( over 60s ) bowling team rang to tell me that the league have contacted him to confirm that we will be playing albeit starting in May rather than April. 😃😃😃

• Like 6

It’s 5.20 and still really light!  The curtains are still open and we are just putting lamps on.

Of only we had changed the clocks on Saturday. (It’s a major bee in my bonnet.  Everyone feels so much better when they’re able to enjoy more daylight)

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

It’s 5.20 and still really light!  The curtains are still open and we are just putting lamps on.

Of only we had changed the clocks on Saturday. (It’s a major bee in my bonnet.  Everyone feels so much better when they’re able to enjoy more daylight)

I agree with you, Nth America puts its clocks forward about 2 weeks earlier than us  but I have always felt that we could change our clocks a month earlier and therefore enjoy lighter nights much earlier.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

This is the same time period past the shortest day as the last Saturday in October sits before that day, if you get my drift 
It feels weird to have the short interval as the days shorten and an extra 5 or 6 weeks as the light increases

True but the civil servants who would need to manage this sort of change are extremely unwilling to change the status quo, until the demand becomes too noisy to ignore.

6 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

What!!!  How can you not like them? The first we had were accompanied with two small salt shakers, one containing icing sugar and the other cinnamon😋 Very addictive.

Avril

l’ve never liked milk Avril and hence custard.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Thanks Jane

My son wants to drop something off on Wednesday for us to store for him! He says he might bring Joshua with him for a wave from the gate 🥰

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I am finally starting to believe that we may be able to do more than go for a walk in the summer.  The captain of our "shufflers" ( over 60s ) bowling team rang to tell me that the league have contacted him to confirm that we will be playing albeit starting in May rather than April. 😃😃😃

Think you must have been bowled over to get that call. Happy days , soon be shuffling along 

just remember to contact Jack and  keep in touch . :classic_wink: Before you know it your days will  be 

filled with end to end fun Josy :classic_smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

True but the civil servants who would need to manage this sort of change are extremely unwilling to change the status quo, until the demand becomes too noisy to ignore.

Civil Servants who would need to manage this sort of change?  Nothing whatever to do with reluctant Civil Servants - entirely to do with government policy, and the fact that there are always greater priorities.  A lot of opposition too in the past from Scottish farmers.

There was a trial of course between 1968 and 1971 but MPs voted to end it after publication of some very iffy accident figures.

I suspect that if we had a vote on most people would prefer British Summer Time all year round, but it's just a guess.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

l’ve never liked milk Avril and hence custard.

52 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

My daughter is the same. Hates custard, milk puddings, creamy sauces or soups of any kind, but loves egg custards. Weird😏

Avril

To be fair I can understand anyone who dislikes milk. I try to imagine the first person 

who ever played with a cows underparts , what the hell did he/she  think  they were doing ?

Even more scarier ,once the white stuff started spurting out, they thought to themselves

I'm going to drink it :classic_unsure: 

I also find myself confused every time  I open a can of Evaporated Milk....

There is always milk  in it.  Why ?? :classic_smile::classic_wink:

• Like 3
  • Haha 6