P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Good morning hope everyone is well this morning :classic_smile:

The last few days have been busy and we are cooking on gas as they say. Let me explain 

that two years ago our house was getting flooded by our ex neighbour's non existence

drain that was seeping under our property and 18 years on rotted our floor joists, unknown 

to us until part gave way .:classic_ohmy: It was at this time that my heart decided to give me problems

and swiftly followed by a world pandemic. You couldn't make it up could you ?:classic_unsure:

Things were looking dark but using the "Magic boot" I gave to Avril we were determined not 

to be beaten by this !  So two years on I am sat this morning writing this out in our new floor/

refurbished living room .We got there in the end as we always do :classic_love:

Never give up guys and keep safe :classic_smile:

20190911_173117.thumb.jpg.2ddec99676f3ce1832a337718e2c454f.jpg

20210812_105917.thumb.jpg.d903a327224210ecc2252f5cbb575687.jpg

20210812_105930.thumb.jpg.49acff7c744fb0bdaff40566e2dccb49.jpg

believe-good-things-on-way-2-220x300.jpg.f5dfd5c9baa6bab40d151b12ec4b3f63.jpg

Morning Kalos. You've certainly been up against it this past couple of years, but through all that you've kept going and kept our spirits up too. Thank heavens you're now on the up with the help of 'The Magic Boot' and good old Yorkshire grit. You can't keep a good man down.😘

Avril

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

I have just noted that today I have been with Cruise critics for ten years today ! :classic_ohmy:

Seems like only yesterday that posters kruzseeka and davecttr welcomed me 

onto the then Thomson cruise boards for advice on a very nice ship called the

Thomson Destiny :classic_love: before evolving into P&O cruises in the end .

Looking forward to the next ten years with you guys :classic_smile:

Congratulations Kalos.

Our first cruise was in June 2003 on Sun cruises ship Sunbird which moved to Thomson as Thomson Destiny.

We followed that with a cruise on Aurora in October 2003 and were hooked on cruising.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

I wrote a live blog on the Saga boards. Forgive the spelling errors on it as I dictated it onto my tablet to save time! For me the big thing is included transport and insurance. As for the onboard experience - larger cabins, superb food (although less choice than P&O) and all-inclusive make for a relaxed cruise. I'll post a more detailed comparison in a day or so - have pre-op today for open heart surgery so a bit on edge!

I have read your Saga blog with interest as we are trying Saga for the first time in January.I hope all goes well with the heart surgery

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

I wrote a live blog on the Saga boards. Forgive the spelling errors on it as I dictated it onto my tablet to save time! For me the big thing is included transport and insurance. As for the onboard experience - larger cabins, superb food (although less choice than P&O) and all-inclusive make for a relaxed cruise. I'll post a more detailed comparison in a day or so - have pre-op today for open heart surgery so a bit on edge!

Hope all goes well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

I have just read your live blog Sharon and it was extremely interesting and informative.

Graham.

3 hours ago, kalos said:

The last few days have been busy and we are cooking on gas as they say. Let me explain 

that two years ago our house was getting flooded by our ex neighbour's non existence

drain that was seeping under our property and 18 years on rotted our floor joists, unknown 

to us until part gave way .:classic_ohmy: It was at this time that my heart decided to give me problems

and swiftly followed by a world pandemic. You couldn't make it up could you ?:classic_unsure:

Things were looking dark but using the "Magic boot" I gave to Avril we were determined not 

to be beaten by this !  So two years on I am sat this morning writing this out in our new floor/

I know the feeling!! One of our conservatory walls is wet and the plaster is coming away. It was supposed to have been dealt with last year, so we moved all the furniture and then got hit by the pandemic. Later when restrictions were lifted we were waiting for drier weather so it could be sorted, but then the builder had to have an operation. Then of course we went back into lockdown. He called last week to check when it was convenient to start, so hopefully in the next week! 🤞

Edited by purplesea
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Hope all goes well Sharon, take care x

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 2:54 PM, P&O SUE said:

Absolutely 😊 He is a little darling but it’s definitely harder when you get older!!

We’ve just got back from taking our little one to Leeds Castle. Nanny & Grandad are suitably exhausted!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Goodness, i hope all goes well and that you have a speedy recovery 

It has been a nice 21°C and sunny here today.

Pauline went to the hairdresser's then we went to Boundary mill and bought several items.

From there I drove down to Newcastle port and saw Marella Explorer formerly known as Celebrity Century docked.

It was nice to see people on board and people getting on board.

Take care everyone.

Graham 

IMG_20210813_162541.jpg

IMG_20210813_162534.jpg

• Like 5

11 hours ago, kalos said:

I have just noted that today I have been with Cruise critics for ten years today ! :classic_ohmy:

Seems like only yesterday that posters kruzseeka and davecttr welcomed me 

onto the then Thomson cruise boards for advice on a very nice ship called the

Thomson Destiny :classic_love: before evolving into P&O cruises in the end .

Looking forward to the next ten years with you guys :classic_smile:

Happy days!   So many memories but as you say definitely doesn't feel like 10 years.  Glad you've got your floor sorted (all looks lovely👍) and keep well. 😘

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

Happy days!   So many memories but as you say definitely doesn't feel like 10 years.  Glad you've got your floor sorted (all looks lovely👍) and keep well. 😘

Lovely to hear from you Kruzze :classic_love: Take care and keep safe :classic_smile:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kalos said:

Really pleased you finally got your floor sorted Kalos and very nice looking it is , you are so positive about things with what you go through we will all look forward to your next 10 years on here take care both of you 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Sharon best wishes and hope everything goes ok for you and speedy recovery 💐

26 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Really pleased you finally got your floor sorted Kalos and very nice looking it is , you are so positive about things with what you go through we will all look forward to your next 10 years on here take care both of you 

+1.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It has been a nice 21°C and sunny here today.

Pauline went to the hairdresser's then we went to Boundary mill and bought several items.

From there I drove down to Newcastle port and saw Marella Explorer formerly known as Celebrity Century docked.

It was nice to see people on board and people getting on board.

Take care everyone.

Graham 

IMG_20210813_162541.jpg

IMG_20210813_162534.jpg

We did a transatlantic  crossing on Celebrity Century in 2006, lovely ship at the time, not sure about Marella though.

• Like 2

Well, it's happened! Last night even before Disney Magic had cleared the Solent, there was a medical emergency and coastguard helicopter was called out.Paramedic winched on board and casualty airlifted off to Southampton. Dramatic scenes just off Osborne Bay on the island.

Good morning ,hope everyone is feeling good :classic_smile:

Trying to catch up on the post/threads now we are back online after the refurb work on

the house. There seems to be some very active posts going on about smartphones and 

all the technology that goes with them . It seems most people have them anyway and

would be at a loss without them, most people I see going down our street are on their

phones talking to their friends. I wouldn't mind but they are walking at the side of them :classic_unsure:

How did our grandparents kill time without smartphones or internet ? I' once asked

this question to my mum and  her 5 brothers and 7 sisters !  I haven't got a smartphone

as the  price of smartphones are getting way too ridiculous and If I were to fall and hear

something crack, I'd be  hoping it's a bone. :classic_ohmy:  Going back to the house I'm so pleased 

to all the people who helped us restore our living room . I have a friend who's a pilot for

Ryan Air but because of covid flight restrictions, he's still off work. So l asked him if he

fancied doing a bit of decorating for me while he's at a loose end, and he jumped at the

chance. l must say, he made a lovely job of the landing.:classic_wink: I tried DIY once but I discovered

that I am useless at it. I once ended up sat in Rotherham A&E for hours  because I’d 

managed to glue the tip of my thumb to the tip of my index finger. The hospital staff  kept

asking me if I was  ok, but when I showed them, they seem to think everything’s fine and just 

walk off.:classic_wacko: When doing the work on the house We was taking good measures against covid

and had the windows wide open whilst work  in our house was going on . Mrs Kalos was

happy once work been completed so she could shut the windows as she hates spiders and

fears they will come inside the house via the windows . I'm not bothered by them at all ....

When I die I want to come back as a spider ,that way I'll  hear all girls say "OMG it's huge"

I blame her sister for her phobia she told her "some spiders can jump as high as a wheelie bin"

I know and you know that's just rubbish as wheelie bins don't jump ! :classic_unsure:

Talking of rubbish that's enough from me and hope you all have a great weekend :classic_smile:

Take care and stay safe :classic_love:

• Like 7
  • Haha 7

25 minutes ago, kalos said:

as she hates spiders and

fears they will come inside the house via the windows . I'm not bothered by them at all ....

Oh no.. even the written word sends shivers down my spine.  I dread Sept/Oct evenings and nights in case one runs out.  I know its ridiculous but I am terrified.  I used to run out of the house.   There is no way I would stay anywhere near one.

i remember my dad putting one in a mug and making me look.... it didn't cure me.    eeeeeeek😚

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, kalos said:

Trying to catch up on the post/threads now we are back online after the refurb work on

the house. There seems to be some very active posts going on about smartphones and 

all the technology that goes with them . It seems most people have them anyway and

would be at a loss without them, most people I see going down our street are on their

phones talking to their friends. I wouldn't mind but they are walking at the side of them :classic_unsure:

How did our grandparents kill time without smartphones or internet ? I' once asked

this question to my mum and  her 5 brothers and 7 sisters !  I haven't got a smartphone

as the  price of smartphones are getting way too ridiculous and If I were to fall and hear

something crack, I'd be  hoping it's a bone. :classic_ohmy:  Going back to the house I'm so pleased 

to all the people who helped us restore our living room . I have a friend who's a pilot for

Ryan Air but because of covid flight restrictions, he's still off work. So l asked him if he

fancied doing a bit of decorating for me while he's at a loose end, and he jumped at the

chance. l must say, he made a lovely job of the landing.:classic_wink: I tried DIY once but I discovered

that I am useless at it. I once ended up sat in Rotherham A&E for hours  because I’d 

managed to glue the tip of my thumb to the tip of my index finger. The hospital staff  kept

asking me if I was  ok, but when I showed them, they seem to think everything’s fine and just 

walk off.:classic_wacko: When doing the work on the house We was taking good measures against covid

and had the windows wide open whilst work  in our house was going on . Mrs Kalos was

happy once work been completed so she could shut the windows as she hates spiders and

When I die I want to come back as a spider ,that way I'll  hear all girls say "OMG it's huge"

I blame her sister for her phobia she told her "some spiders can jump as high as a wheelie bin"

I know and you know that's just rubbish as wheelie bins don't jump ! :classic_unsure:

Talking of rubbish that's enough from me and hope you all have a great weekend :classic_smile:

A very good morning Kalos, I see you're on top form once again🤣

I have to say I no fear of any animal or insect etc, only heights, oh and I'm also phobophobic 😉😁

I'm pleased all the messy work is over for you both, and if Mrs K is anything like me, the best part will be renewing/replacing/upgrading 'stuff'. All absolutely necessary of course.

Have a good weekend both of you, and stay safe.

Avril

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Oh no.. even the written word sends shivers down my spine.  I dread Sept/Oct evenings and nights in case one runs out.  I know its ridiculous but I am terrified.  I used to run out of the house.   There is no way I would stay anywhere near one.

i remember my dad putting one in a mug and making me look.... it didn't cure me.    eeeeeeek😚

Oh dear ! You have to remember most spiders in the UK are harmless ,it's just the others you 

have to worry about :classic_wink:  Try to remember seeing a spider isn't a problem, It becomes a problem when the spider is gone but where ! :classic_ohmy: Lucky for you they are very thoughtful creatures and will wait until you turn out the lights and fall asleep before coming out to play :classic_biggrin: A bit like your Dad I would catch them but in a pint glass but they drank to much of my beer . They can be very friendly and I once kept one as a pet ,I named him " Cotton Eyed Joe "  all because I never knew.....  🎵where did he come from or where did he go 🎵:classic_love:

Stay safe :classic_smile:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Good to read your great humour Kalos.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

A very good morning Kalos, I see you're on top form once again🤣

I have to say I no fear of any animal or insect etc, only heights, oh and I'm also phobophobic 😉😁

I'm pleased all the messy work is over for you both, and if Mrs K is anything like me, the best part will be renewing/replacing/upgrading 'stuff'. All absolutely necessary of course.

Have a good weekend both of you, and stay safe.

Avril

I have too discovered a new phobia Avril  and it's called spending 2 hours with Mrs Kalos in 

Dunelm .First time in a big store for a couple of years and most people wore masks and I felt 

quite safe but I did fear for my wallet .:classic_ohmy:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2