P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

17 minutes ago, kalos said:

Anyone know what's going off with the Britannia tonight ?  Looks on tracker like she has 

turned around/ almost stopped :classic_unsure:

There seems to be a search and rescue helicopter in about the same position, not moving. Fingers crossed.🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Was it busy there? We haven’t been since Covid

No, it was nice. However we didn’t go out to Horrid Hill but turned left (we normally go right!) and just kept walking along the coastal path. We passed the odd walker or cyclists. However when we left the outside seating by the cafe looked quite busy and we didn’t go near the play area.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Can you give me a name or a clue.   New to this bit  of Kent.   I know we are roughly in the same area, and we sometimes need somewhere new to look at.

Just google Riverside Country Park Rainham. Plenty of free parking.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Not quite so far over, it’s Gillingham/Rainham area. I can see why you might say Faversham by the creek!

Some years ago I went out sailing on a Thames barge around there. The mud looked a bit familiar.🤣

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, zap99 said:

Some years ago I went out sailing on a Thames barge around there. The mud looked a bit familiar.🤣

You're not getting the river Mudway confused with Sarfend on mud are you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, zap99 said:

There seems to be a search and rescue helicopter in about the same position, not moving. Fingers crossed.🤔

I heard it was searching for a giant octopus escaped from the Virtuosa galley.2000 mutinous Brits repatriated it .

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

No, it was nice. However we didn’t go out to Horrid Hill but turned left (we normally go right!) and just kept walking along the coastal path. We passed the odd walker or cyclists. However when we left the outside seating by the cafe looked quite busy and we didn’t go near the play area.

That’s good to know it wasn’t busy, we’ve thought about going a few times lately but worried it would be too busy.

We sometimes like to walk from there to the Strand, have an ice cream then walk back.

It’s daughter’s moving week so I’ve got Elijah every day this week and possibly next week 🥴 I have a feeling my mornings will be spent at the 2 or 3 local playgrounds to keep him occupied.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

That’s good to know it wasn’t busy, we’ve thought about going a few times lately but worried it would be too busy.

We sometimes like to walk from there to the Strand, have an ice cream then walk back.

It’s daughter’s moving week so I’ve got Elijah every day this week and possibly next week 🥴 I have a feeling my mornings will be spent at the 2 or 3 local playgrounds to keep him occupied.

I am sure you will have lots of fun with Elijah every day. A couple of busy weeks ahead for your daughter moving house but exciting at the same time.

I have got our eldest for three days. He is 13 and doesn’t want to do things like a visit to a park now. We bought a new game called Football Billionaire which was good fun to play and kept him off electronic devices for a while.

Hope you have a fun day Sarah.

Stay safe everyone

Michelle

• Like 4

12 hours ago, kalos said:

Anyone know what's going off with the Britannia tonight ?  Looks on tracker like she has 

turned around/ almost stopped :classic_unsure:

Richard and Hyacinth have chucked an obese passenger with tattoo's overboard for smirking at them in the MDR.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

15 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Richard and Hyacinth have chucked an obese passenger with tattoo's overboard for smirking at them in the MDR.

Well what did they expect on a P&O = Portly & Obese cruise :classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

I am sure you will have lots of fun with Elijah every day. A couple of busy weeks ahead for your daughter moving house but exciting at the same time.

I have got our eldest for three days. He is 13 and doesn’t want to do things like a visit to a park now. We bought a new game called Football Billionaire which was good fun to play and kept him off electronic devices for a while.

Hope you have a fun day Sarah.

Stay safe everyone

Michelle

Oh yes that's a difficult age to entertain without electronic devices, good luck 😊

At least ours goes to bed for an hour or two after lunch. I feel a bit overwhelmed today with the thought of the next 2 weeks, I do 10 -12 hour days with him, but once they've moved 5 minutes down the road from us the days should be a bit shorter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Oh yes that's a difficult age to entertain without electronic devices, good luck 😊

At least ours goes to bed for an hour or two after lunch. I feel a bit overwhelmed today with the thought of the next 2 weeks, I do 10 -12 hour days with him, but once they've moved 5 minutes down the road from us the days should be a bit shorter.

You will need a cruise after two weeks Sarah!!!

Michelle

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

I wish!! A week in Devon at the end of September for me, and all 3 ‘children’, son in law & grandson are coming too. 

That sounds fantastic, Sarah! Lovely place to be, great time of the year to be there,  and family too. Perfect.

We did a similar thing in north Norfolk a couple of years back - one of the best holidays we’ve ever had.  

Something really good for you to look forward to, and a better bet than cruising at the moment.

• Like 2

Today looks like it will be as interesting as yesterday, my niece's 11 year old daughter asked for a sewing machine for her birthday because she wants to learn to make "things" so I was invited to go with them to get one yesterday because my niece has no idea about anything to do with sewing.  She has just phoned to say that she is dropping her daughter at my house this morning so that I can teach her how to use it.  I now have to sort out some of my left over bits of fabric for her to practice on.

I am starting to feel sympathy for my mum when I decided that I would learn to sew almost 60 years ago, though in those days it was on an old Singer treadle  machine

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Today looks like it will be as interesting as yesterday, my niece's 11 year old daughter asked for a sewing machine for her birthday because she wants to learn to make "things" so I was invited to go with them to get one yesterday because my niece has no idea about anything to do with sewing.  She has just phoned to say that she is dropping her daughter at my house this morning so that I can teach her how to use it.  I now have to sort out some of my left over bits of fabric for her to practice on.

I am starting to feel sympathy for my mum when I decided that I would learn to sew almost 60 years ago, though in those days it was on an old Singer treadle  machine

Aww I’m sure you’ll have a lovely time with her.

Morning all. Different child care arrangements for me tomorrow. I’ll be staying in their flat tomorrow with my grandson as they have a plumber coming. So that will be a bit different although my ‘DIL’ thinks Joshua will be unimpressed to not get his bus ride!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all. Different child care arrangements for me tomorrow. I’ll be staying in their flat tomorrow with my grandson as they have a plumber coming. So that will be a bit different although my ‘DIL’ thinks Joshua will be unimpressed to not get his bus ride!

Bus rides are really exciting because children are not used to buses so much now.  I remember taking my niece's son on a bus  for a 10 minute journey when he was 3 because he kept asking to go on one every time we passed a bus in the car.  David dropped us off at the bus station and met us with the car when we got off the bus.  We also did the same with a train, going just 1 stop but he could see the train from their house and was unbelievably excited to see their house from the train.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 3