P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

19 minutes ago, LynnForestgate said:

First world problems

I think you should be grateful that all three covid vaccinations (inc booster) and flu vaccine are made available, and perhaps we should not be complaining and whining about it.

There are several parts of the world where they would only be too happy to receive them

Maybe we should be grateful and stop the attention seeking ?

I think, no I know that everyone on this forum is grateful. It’s just banter not attention seeking. 

• Like 10

I am sorry to hear that so many people are struggling to get their jabs in some parts of the country, we are lucky here in that most people who I know have not had any problem getting their 3rd dose when it was due.  We had a lot of walkins last weekend and no-one was turned away, though we did have one person who left without having his booster because we only had Pfizer and he insisted that he was entitled to an AZ for his booster even though it has been well publicised that Pfizer is safe for all boosters regardless of the previous vaccinations.  I suspect that we had easy to please people because it was mainly older people and they seem to be more patient than the younger ones when it comes to queuing.

• Like 4

Forgot to do the weather report here in Holt. Well it is full sun, nippy but bright. Dachsies have all popped outside twice now and are showing no interest in moving any further than the floor as I have underfloor heating, they think it is bliss and do not like to be torn away from it. I may have a wander though town as its so lovely and most holiday folks have gone plus I will be on foot so should be safe. 

I don't think LynnForestgate is in tune with the tone of this thread. No moaning regarding jabs just reporting back what has actually happened. When people say first world problems they mostly put down peoples minor but valid comments.

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
  • Like 8

As vaccines are the subject of the day, I’ll give my vaccine report.

My husband and myself booked at Boots for our flu jabs on Oct 2nd. I had mine on the 2nd Oct as planned, and had no side effects at all, not even a sore arm. However, my husband had to rebook, as they didn’t have any over 65’s vaccine. So he ended up having his done yesterday, and is fine apart from a slightly sore arm (I’ve told him to stop attention seeking 😉😂)

with regard to Covid boosters, I’m now eligible to book my jab, but I’m waiting for my husband to become eligible, which should be next Monday, then we’ll book appointments for the same time and location. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

with regard to Covid boosters, I’m now eligible to book my jab, but I’m waiting for my husband to become eligible, which should be next Monday, then we’ll book appointments for the same time and location. 

I have decided to hold my booster back so when Mrs K becomes eligible we also can go for

ours together as well .

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

As vaccines are the subject of the day, I’ll give my vaccine report.

My husband and myself booked at Boots for our flu jabs on Oct 2nd. I had mine on the 2nd Oct as planned, and had no side effects at all, not even a sore arm. However, my husband had to rebook, as they didn’t have any over 65’s vaccine. So he ended up having his done yesterday, and is fine apart from a slightly sore arm (I’ve told him to stop attention seeking 😉😂)

I’m having my flu jab at local chemist tomorrow.

I am eligible for my Covid booster from next Tuesday and am waiting to see if I get a text or a letter from the NHS as I have moved house and GP surgery in last few weeks. I suspect I may have to phone 119.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Thank you Kalos, I was being quite light hearted and even said better than the alternative!

I’ll go back to worrying about my sick elderly parents …

Sending you our prayers 🙏 for your dear mam and dad Sue.

I know you were being light hearted.

I got my haircut on Monday and my barber said he had several bouts of diarrhea with the booster jab and joked about it if he had to leave my hair cut suddenly.

Graham.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sending you our prayers 🙏 for your dear mam and dad Sue.

I know you were being light hearted.

I got my haircut on Monday and my barber said he had several bouts of diarrhea with the booster jab and joked about it if he had to leave my hair cut suddenly.

Graham.

Funny enough a guy ih the gym yesterday was saying that about his 1st AZ jab .He is about 45 years old.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Funny enough a guy ih the gym yesterday was saying that about his 1st AZ jab .He is about 45 years old.

Some people don't even have to have an injection ,the very thought of a needle is enough 

to make them .... :classic_unsure:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The worst  bit about a flu jab is being told that you will feel a small ***** ! 

For us men with sensibilities, that can lead to a life of insecurity.

Mine must be a big one cos it hurt after.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

People are just chatting, like they would do in real life 

Personally, I don't need folk telling me my arm will hurt. I went to the dentist the other week, DW had a follow on appointment. U told the dentist to tell her how brave I was. Men feel pain much more acutely than Ladies. Nothing wrong with fishing for a bit of sympathy.

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Thank you Kalos, I was being quite light hearted and even said better than the alternative!

I’ll go back to worrying about my sick elderly parents …

Goodness we all need some lightheartedness, especially with your worries about your parents Sue!

I hope all as going as well as can be expected, are you looking after your Grandson today as well as caring for your parents?

Make sure that you take care of yourself as well as all the others xx

• Like 8

Just had a quick catch-up. I haven't seen anyone complaining, etc?

It's been a nice sunny day down here after some early morning rain.

Working this evening, if you can call sitting in an empty hotel for 5 hours work!! Will take a my book or laptop as something to do.

Have just had a phone call from my GP's surgery booking me in for my booster - exactly 6 months after my 2nd jab.

• Like 4