P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, kalos said:

Whilst seeking to save on electric I came across a solar table lamp that can also be charged by a usb lead that's supplied with it . The plan was to light up the bathroom when getting up in the middle of the night for the loo, as our bathroom has a heat lamp which uses a fair bit of electric .

The lamp has three soft light settings and on it's side a circle touch illuminated switch, that is red when charging ,green when full and a blue light if you leave the light in standby .

In standby it shuts down until dusk and then gives off a blue light without switching the lamp on and we have discovered that this is enough light to guide us half asleep to the loo ,without the need for any household lights . Nice for those warm summer nights sat having a drink in the garden .

Should we ever get power cuts we are sorted ,win, win all round . Anyone fancy one they are called .. Lancaster solar lamp ,we love it 😍 

solar-lancaster-table-lamp-black-2.jpg.605f53d3512f3dbf8a0d112c431023c2.jpg

Always wise to try and save a bit of energy, I now turn the gas off when I turn the bacon over and have invented this little beauty; 

Yorkshire water heater.jpg

Edited by yorkshirephil
  • Haha 15

Just been up & had my booster & flu jab one in each arm, no queue straight in & didn’t need to sit afterwards as walked up. Popped into the charity shop & came out will a titanic model amongst other things, ds found a coke Xmas jumper😄. Also found a Blondie lp, 50p  might hide that for dh Xmas. 

• Like 4

Cancelled the Covid jab on Tuesday. I now have to wait at least 28 days for the booster. The NHS site suggested a site 0.5 miles away which is actually in Maidstone not Medway. No availability more than a couple of weeks ahead anyway. Now to cancel the Boots flu jab.

4 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Cancelled the Covid jab on Tuesday. I now have to wait at least 28 days for the booster. The NHS site suggested a site 0.5 miles away which is actually in Maidstone not Medway. No availability more than a couple of weeks ahead anyway. Now to cancel the Boots flu jab.

I am sure it’s a nuisance having to re-arrange everything but on a positive note you will get some natural immunity from having Covid now plus your booster

Michelle

• Like 2

Morning everyone, hope you are all ok.

Its a beautiful morning here, taking my mum out for coffee and a bit of shopping this morning after not going out for three days.

I have been coughing now for three weeks. After second trip to Drs, said I had a chest infection and to rest. Dr said she was giving me “domestos strength” antibiotics. After feeling rubbish for a couple of days I feel better today.

Son, daughter-in-law and two grandchildren arriving today for the weekend so it looks like a trip to see the illuminations in Blackpool for the little ones.

Have a nice day and a good weekend everyone 

Michelle

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Its a beautiful morning here, taking my mum out for coffee and a bit of shopping this morning after not going out for three days.

I have been coughing now for three weeks. After second trip to Drs, said I had a chest infection and to rest. Dr said she was giving me “domestos strength” antibiotics. After feeling rubbish for a couple of days I feel better today.

Son, daughter-in-law and two grandchildren arriving today for the weekend so it looks like a trip to see the illuminations in Blackpool for the little ones.

Michelle

Pleased to hear you are feeling better today Michelle.

I hope you will enjoy your coffee and shopping with your mam today and the Blackpool illuminations with your son and his family this weekend.

Graham.

• Like 5

Sorry you’re poorly Dave.  Get well soon, and stay well till you can get your protective jabs.  I’m not sure being infected gives natural immunity - so much info out there, some of it conflicting - but let’s hope

My Covid jab today, 10.5 months after the last; the promised Spring booster seems to have vanished into the ether

Harry - sorry for your difficult position.  No politics but 🙄, bad situation

The autumn exuinox today and the weather is changing.  Rain overnight, dull now.  Mustn’t complain - it feels like it has been summer forever.  Much appreciated 

Have a good day everyone

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Glad you’re feeling a bit better now Michelle and enjoy shopping with your mum and Blackpool illuminations with the grandchildren.

• Like 3

Does anyone else get annoyed with Hermes/Evri delivery service?  I had an order definitely coming yesterday, and only got a message at 9 p.m. to say it was not.  Did arrive this morning, but I do have to listen out for the doorbell, so was on the qui vive all day yesterday.

15 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Does anyone else get annoyed with Hermes/Evri delivery service?  I had an order definitely coming yesterday, and only got a message at 9 p.m. to say it was not.  Did arrive this morning, but I do have to listen out for the doorbell, so was on the qui vive all day yesterday.

Our Evri driver is hopeless. She often leaves parcels on the doorstep without ringing the bell to see if we are in. I was looking out the front window last week and saw her do it, so opened the doors and asked why she hadnt rung. She said she had, so I told her I watched. She then said it wasnt working so I rung it.  Surprise, surprise it went 'Dong dong' when I did it.

Just bone idle

• Like 2

Feeling fine so far, no headache even fingers crossed no reaction. @davecttrhope you’re feeling ok? Get better soon. 
Having a lazy day today. Son’s first day back in uni today, hopefully all fine after his disaster going back up to Bournemouth last weekend to find his new halls the most disgusting place, filthy (bedroom not cleaned from last tenant !) no storage literally in the kitchens people were keeping there stuff in carrier bags, smelling of weed🤮, I know students are pretty grim, but they weren’t even all moved in yet! So he gave up his tenancy & is staying with friends, but we were that close to him coming home! 
Anyway have a good everyone. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Our Evri delivery driver is very good. However I’m waiting for a parcel from Royal Mail who text to say they are going to deliver it yesterday morning and then this morning and still nothing has arrived. So, two mornings wasted. They are quite dreadful.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nidec said:

Our Evri driver is hopeless. She often leaves parcels on the doorstep without ringing the bell to see if we are in. I was looking out the front window last week and saw her do it, so opened the doors and asked why she hadnt rung. She said she had, so I told her I watched. She then said it wasnt working so I rung it.  Surprise, surprise it went 'Dong dong' when I did it.

Just bone idle

These video doorbells are catching a lot of delivery people out, saying they pressed it when they clearly didn’t. 

48 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Our Evri delivery driver is very good. However I’m waiting for a parcel from Royal Mail who text to say they are going to deliver it yesterday morning and then this morning and still nothing has arrived. So, two mornings wasted. They are quite dreadful.

Royal mail are a joke and dread using them . A parcel I had recently was sent by "Tracked"  so I could keep tabs on it ,right !   Went something like this "we have your parcel", a day later "at our sorting DC" then at another DC ,then we could deliver today and the day after just turned up with our normal postie ,that's tracking for you .😒

The other day our post came and we had loads of junk mail with it , the mail office told me my "no junk mail" had possibly run out .Fair enough ,can I renew it whilst on the phone ?  " No and you cannot do it online either "   So much for modern technology eh ?   

What they can do is send you a form out along with other bits of paper explaining what they told me over the phone and I had read online but I can then hunt out an envelope and post it back to them .

The other bits of paper and old envelope I can put in the recycling bin .

This method has proved that popular ,I can repeat every two years or they proceed to put said junk mail back through my door .. What a plan ! 😕

Edited by kalos
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

Royal mail are a joke and dread using them . A parcel I had recently was sent by "Tracked"  so I 

could keep tabs on it ,right !   Went something like this "we have your parcel", a day later "at our 

sorting DC" then at another DC ,then we could deliver today and the day after just turned up with 

our normal postie ,that's tracking for you .😒

The other day our post came and we had loads of junk mail with it , the mail office told me my "no junk mail" had possibly run out .Fair enough ,can I cancel it whilst on the phone ?  " No and you cannot do it online either "   So much for modern technology eh ?   

What they can do is send you a form out along with other bits of paper explaining what they told me over the phone and I had read online but I can then hunt out an envelope and post it back to them .

The other bits of paper and old envelope I can put in the recycling bin .

This method has proved that popular ,I can repeat every two years or they proceed to put said junk mail back through my door .. What a plan ! 😕

Our Postie and delivery is excellent, never had a problem with tracked mail, a hell of a lot better than the likes of Evri, Yodel, DHL who seem to practice the “knock and run method” of delivery, never wait to see if anyone is in, the security cameras catch them out every time, some around here have had items stolen from the door step as a result by opportunistic thieves who the police think were following the delivery van. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BrianI said:

I had a text today supposedly from Evri saying that my parcel has an unpaid shipping fee of £1.45 pay now. Failure will result in my parcel being returned to sender.

Yeh really

Brian

It is a scam to get your bank details. I guess you realise that but I believe that many people are falling for it to their great cost, greater than £1:45.

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Pleased to hear you are feeling better today Michelle.

I hope you will enjoy your coffee and shopping with your mam today and the Blackpool illuminations with your son and his family this weekend.

Graham.

Thank you Graham 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

I am having a problem with Amazon at the moment. A  delivery that was expcted and out for delivery was suddenly 'undeliverable' Assuming there had been an accident with the parcel, I reordered the following day on a next day delivery. Tracking said 'arrived at facility' Two hours later 'undeliverable'. I now have to wait 5-10 business days for a refund. I'm wondering if their drivers are on strike🤔

Avril

29 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I am having a problem with Amazon at the moment. A  delivery that was expcted and out for delivery was suddenly 'undeliverable' Assuming there had been an accident with the parcel, I reordered the following day on a next day delivery. Tracking said 'arrived at facility' Two hours later 'undeliverable'. I now have to wait 5-10 business days for a refund. I'm wondering if their drivers are on strike🤔

Avril

You could well be spot on as my late delivery was Amazon products and I did find it strange they were coming via Royal Mail……. Yesterday it was flagged up as unable to deliver but lo and behold postie in a van delivered it 5 mins ago. 😀

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Royal Mail are  law unto themselves,  I was expecting a delivery and I had text saying that it would be here tomorrow, we have been out for lunch and when we got back our neighbour handed me the parcel because he saw the RM van outside and came out and offered to take the parcel in for us because he knew that we weren't in.

• Like 5