P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning everyone who’s been getting them zzzzz’s in , I’ve been up all night taking my husband to Gatwick airport to fly out to fuerteventura because his dad is in hospital, we got a phone call at 9 last night from sister and said he’d been in all day and staying in  and he’s asked for Andy ( his son) so he’s gone this morning, it is a bit of deja vu from last year when we were getting ready to go on a cruise in September and his mum took I’ll and sadly died when we were on the cruise, and again we’re going on a cruise in two weeks time !! , I’m staying here for the rest of the week until Monday and will go out on Monday if he’s still in hospital hopefully not 🙏.

Anyway have a good day everyone and Zapp enjoy your cruise, 

Safe driving home Brian love the Moselle valley camped at night along the river when we were younger .

lincslady that’s a lovely thought sending a quick m every morning to ease ther minds .

Hope your father-in law recovers quickly and is back home well before your cruise 

Michelle 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thank you all for the get well wishes for FIL , good news is that he is now home and on antibiotics he had a water infection which put stress on his heart and because he didn’t tell anyone until it was to late it made him quite I’ll, the Spanish doctors were brilliant and so was easy jet re arranging my husband’s flight this morning because in his panic last night he got the date wrong and booked the flight for next Tuesday but they sorted him out and even sat him at the front of the plane for landing so he could be first off , so everyone is happy now and he’s looking to come home Thursday, obviously misses me to much 😁

• Like 15

10 hours ago, lincslady said:

Lovely pics., Brian  - pity one is sideways on.  Do they still actually make Blue |Nun?

The corned beef sarnies seen against that background do look like a typically British trip abroad, don't they?  Just like most of us, taking the Heinz beans everywhere we go.  Not knocking them, they are good and better than a French motorway baguette with no butter and just a bit of ham in.

LOL,it's an opened tin we brought back with us for sarnies along with roast chicken with stuffing and some boiled eggs.The rest of our home comforts are still in Italy.Don't know about Blue Nun,I keep asking around for it to no avail.I even asked at a convent and the lady there slapped my face.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Another busy day at the pharmacy for vaccines, we had over 300 patients for covid vaccines and more than half of them had a flu vaccine at the same time. We only had one awkward person who insisted that she wanted her vaccine at exactly 3:10pm because that was her appointment time and we running about 5 minutes late.

I had 3 people who I used to work with which was really nice.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Further to comments  a few days ago.... Waitrose released Christmas slots here in Kent  (possibly all South East), this morning,.  I managed to grab one for 22nd.

Apparently they can go in minutes🙂

Released here this morning too.  Surprisingly, still plenty of slots left.

Hi everyone, how are you all?

It’s been a pretty miserable day here, raining and very windy. There has been a bit of sun for a few minutes at a time then raining again. Bring back the Summer.

Tonight we are going to see La Voix at Lowther Pavilion in Lytham. I have read lots of reports about this show on P & O discussion boards saying how good it is so I am looking forward to it.

Otherwise been doing normal household stuff plus going to gym and a bit of online Xmas shopping. 

Take care everyone 

Michelle 

• Like 5

When my niece's children do something silly she usually tells them "common sense doesn't grow in  everyone's garden" but today her friend has sent something new for her to tell them

Screenshot_20221005-164656_Instagram.thumb.jpg.97d3ccb1e184b86ce4179a1ebe22fed3.jpg

I would love to be there when she first uses this one 🤣

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 4
  • Haha 7

Had covid booster yesterday, no problems.. went for flu jab today and the pharmacist, in a well known store, refused it. Too near the booster he said.  I said others have had them together but thought it sensible to take his advice, I thanked him and will go again next week.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Hi everyone, how are you all?

I'll answer, since I always read but don't post too often and so am aware that this thread would probably die if more were like me, and I'd be very sorry about that since it's often my go-to place for a smile, an unexpected tip, tempting photos of Graham and Pauline's meals (or snacks by the beach) - but who is 'our Sarah?', Brian's travels to and from Italy, which make me a tad jealous, Avril's wise words (although I was shocked that she was not a tea drinker 😉) and so many more facets of your/our lives.

Today's useful tip was the Waitrose slots, so thank you Indiana 123.  I still do Wordle every day and have done since I first read about it here (Eddie?) plus Quordle and, never having even thought about one previously, am now seriously considering an Air Fryer!  

Like you Michelle, I'm in Lancashire, but south west Lancashire so not a near neighbour, but nevertheless have had wet and windy conditions all day, accompanied by regular power cuts (I refuse to say 'outages'!).  The first were when I was with a physiotherapist this morning and then they continued as I tried to bake a steak pie (home made filling but bought pastry) and apple turnovers (yum - but I've just checked the calorie content of the all-butter flaky pastry before succumbing to the piece of chocolate I was about to grab 😔).

It is now 8 weeks since my full shoulder replacement following my disastrous trip on the bathroom step of my Celebrity Silhouette cabin on the penultimate day of my late July Fjords cruise, and what a souvenir!  I had wonderful NHS treatment at Southport hospital and can expect decent mobility again in time ..... but right now, my neck hurts following the physio, and tomorrow I take delivery of a 'gym ball', something I never expected to buy!

I've rambled and now I'll close and make a healthy salad for tea, or, given the weather, salad sandwiches and a mug of tea.  Thanks to all of you who do keep this thread alive.  I really do appreciate it.  

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Thanks to all of you who do keep this thread alive.  I really do appreciate it.  

I really enjoyed your post Mrs. Goggins.   Really nice and sincere.

I too would be very upset to see this thread go..I enjoy the things you have listed.  Its my go to place with my morning tea.

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 12

6 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I'll answer, since I always read but don't post too often and so am aware that this thread would probably die if more were like me, and I'd be very sorry about that since it's often my go-to place for a smile, an unexpected tip, tempting photos of Graham and Pauline's meals (or snacks by the beach) - but who is 'our Sarah?', Brian's travels to and from Italy, which make me a tad jealous, Avril's wise words (although I was shocked that she was not a tea drinker 😉) and so many more facets of your/our lives.

Today's useful tip was the Waitrose slots, so thank you Indiana 123.  I still do Wordle every day and have done since I first read about it here (Eddie?) plus Quordle and, never having even thought about one previously, am now seriously considering an Air Fryer!  

Like you Michelle, I'm in Lancashire, but south west Lancashire so not a near neighbour, but nevertheless have had wet and windy conditions all day, accompanied by regular power cuts (I refuse to say 'outages'!).  The first were when I was with a physiotherapist this morning and then they continued as I tried to bake a steak pie (home made filling but bought pastry) and apple turnovers (yum - but I've just checked the calorie content of the all-butter flaky pastry before succumbing to the piece of chocolate I was about to grab 😔).

It is now 8 weeks since my full shoulder replacement following my disastrous trip on the bathroom step of my Celebrity Silhouette cabin on the penultimate day of my late July Fjords cruise, and what a souvenir!  I had wonderful NHS treatment at Southport hospital and can expect decent mobility again in time ..... but right now, my neck hurts following the physio, and tomorrow I take delivery of a 'gym ball', something I never expected to buy!

I've rambled and now I'll close and make a healthy salad for tea, or, given the weather, salad sandwiches and a mug of tea.  Thanks to all of you who do keep this thread alive.  I really do appreciate it.  

Lovely to hear from you Mrs Groggins.  I hope that you soon have better mobility again.  We have managed to avoid power cuts but we have had high winds all day though it is calming down again.

Take care.

• Like 5

I have to own up to being another regular daily reader, but I don't seem to post as often as I did, however I do respond  to many posts. I shall begin to post more regularly, as Mrsgoggins says, we don't want to lose this thread. 

Avril

• Like 14

15 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Our Sarah is our lovely niece.

Mixed grill for lunch today.

IMG_20221005_132417.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1