P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Oooh... I pay monthly too for deliveries but Waitrose, when I go into it, says they are not releasing dates here till the first week for November.  They also say that they could all go within minutes!

I don't know what my daughter wants so on "the other site" where I have saved a slot I have ordered £100 of cat food and will edit later!!  Well I didn't want to lose the slot!!!🤣

Does kitty know it is being fattened up!

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Angel57 said:

That made me laugh out loud………thank you. Needed that as it is my birthday today and most of my cards have got held up in the postal strike (at least that is what I hope the reason is🤣) . So I’m ignoring it altogether and I am not going to be a year older!! 😃

Happy Birthday🎂🎁🎊 

I tried ignoring birthdays but my body didn't get the notice and has continued to age.

• Like 6

A good day today, ds passed his driving test this morning, he suddenly found a cancellation at Penzance during the week so he & we are chuffed. Saw at 4.30 that the local surgery was holding walking for booster & flu over 50s till 5 so sent dh up there quick smart, hopefully that won’t ruin his Sunday with feeling grotty! ( he’s meant to be cooking a curry tomorrow). Having fish n chips to celebrate with ds in a bit.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

And thank you all for cheering me up; feeling a bit better today, and have just been invited to a village event and said I will go; this takes some courage for me, as Ii have been pretty well housebound for about three years, for various reasons.  Recently, however, I have been meeting friends and driving again, plus staying occasionally with children for a few nights (they do not live near me).

Happy Birthday, Angel!☺️

I'm pleased to hear you feel more cheerful today and are able to get out more again.

Graham.

coffeeface.JPG.baf1ac52d915b389cab32a477db224f2.jpeg

C68E9048-1ED6-4517-B488-4384E7E772EE.jpeg.8142cc0cf739e2830391cef83100dd11.jpeg

image.png.9e1f56b3b948b3a74b916d56d44b686f.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Caullkhead said:

A good day today, ds passed his driving test this morning, he suddenly found a cancellation at Penzance during the week so he & we are chuffed. Saw at 4.30 that the local surgery was holding walking for booster & flu over 50s till 5 so sent dh up there quick smart, hopefully that won’t ruin his Sunday with feeling grotty! ( he’s meant to be cooking a curry tomorrow). Having fish n chips to celebrate with ds in a bit.

Congratulations to your son for passing his driving test today.

Graham.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, davecttr said:

I have had 2 Tesco xmas deliveries and basically I bought far too much stuff. This will be my 3rd xmas alone and I intend to keep things simple. A nice ribeye steak and bottle of Shiraz for xmas day and maybe a mince pie or two. I have booked a xmas/new year Canaries cruise for next year as the previous ones were enjoyable.

Which cruise for 2023? We have one booked for Christmas and New Year to the Canaries on Azura.

We could be ship mates 😉 If we are we can pick your brains and may even be able to meet up !

Well, we came home from sunny Wales today having spent yesterday driving through what we thought was a monsoon over in the Llanberis Pass. Still, it was beautiful in a 'wild' sort of way ...

Today is a special anniversary for me --- it is 40 years since I went to University (St David's University College Wales). I just can't believe that it is so long ago and I am so old 😞 !  A beautiful place and we are planning a meet up with my friend who I met there I still keep in touch with. If I remember rightly, the first term it rained like a monsoon too and I had to buy wellies just to cross the river that went through the campus from the halls of residence to the lecture rooms. Nothing changes in Wales eh 😉

Seriously, it was a privilege to live in this beautiful part of the world for three years.

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 12

We spent the afternoon considering what to do about our Ventura cruise at the end of this month. It seems certain that our suite will still be in the isolation section. Rather than waiting any longer for P&O to move us possibly to a cabin we did not want or wasn’t suitable, or give us future cruise credit if they couldn’t find an alternative, we noticed a mid ships suite had become available to book. After waiting nearly an hour on the phone, we paid a little extra for the ‘upgrade’ suite to give us the surety we needed (rate taken from when we booked at launch rather than today’s price which is over £1200 more) and now know we will be going away in a suite that meets our needs but not where we would have preferred it to have been. A good result (I think). 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Well, we came home from sunny Wales today having spent yesterday driving through what we thought was a monsoon over in the Llanberis Pass. Still, it was beautiful in a 'wild' sort of way ...

Today is a special anniversary for me --- it is 40 years since I went to University (St David's University College Wales). I just can't believe that it is so long ago and I am so old 😞 !  A beautiful place and we are planning a meet up with my friend who I met there I still keep in touch with. If I remember rightly, the first term it rained like a monsoon too and I had to buy wellies just to cross the river that went through the campus from the halls of residence to the lecture rooms. Nothing changes in Wales eh 😉

Seriously, it was a privilege to live in this beautiful part of the world for three years.

Happy 40th university anniversary.

16BAE748-7629-449F-AB37-968AF0377626.gif.473208a51bb791858c0f250666388322.gif

It looks like we are in for a pleasant day, we have a cloudless sky and when I stepped outside to the bin and it felt quite warm compared to yesterday.

I have had a message asking if I can go to the pharmacy this morning but I have for the first time said no.  I think that I have done my share of volunteering for the jabs roll out so I have decided that I will only do 1 day per week from now on.

• Like 11

18 hours ago, lincslady said:

Don't forget to cancel your catfood and put the proper order in.  I usually put two bottles of expensive gin in, as a 'keeper', as £40 is the Waitrose minimum, then put the real food in the day before.  In the past I have not been able to get orders anywhere near Christmas, but (with good reason) we were put on 'priority' some time ago, and I do have an order delivered pretty much once a week, as I can't lug heavy bags around.  The staff and pickers and drivers at my store are fantastic; so nice and efficient.  I always send Head Office a glowing report on them, at Christmas.

My son works for Sainsburys as a delivery driver and often phones customers because they have say a bottle of whisky and nothing else! They normally cancel the order 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

It looks like we are in for a pleasant day, we have a cloudless sky and when I stepped outside to the bin and it felt quite warm compared to yesterday.

I have had a message asking if I can go to the pharmacy this morning but I have for the first time said no.  I think that I have done my share of volunteering for the jabs roll out so I have decided that I will only do 1 day per week from now on.

A wise decision Josy. We are often given friendly and well meaning advice, but ultimately, only you know what is the right choice for your own well being. You've done more than your fair share over the past 2 years and deserve to think about your own health and family first.x

Avril

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Morning folks ,sorry to hear some of you have troublesome throats 😐

Have you tried some homemade drinks remedy's ?

Here' s one you can try ..Very popular with our northern friends ...:classic_unsure:

349463816_ironbrew.jpg.1d5c3bb67d363abb49215ffe69917734.jpg

• Haha 13

Hi all,

Hope everyone is well/or feeling better. 

Have had a quck skim through the posts over the last couple of weeks.

Got back from our holiday late last Saturday and I don't think I've stopped since as it has been a busy week. Returned to work on Tuesday with a late shift finishing at 10 pm and had to be in Truro before 8am on Wednesday to take hubby to hospital for an op. Thursday saw my car go for it's MOT, and spent Friday over at Mum's. Yesterday I took my daughter into Penzance for her covid jab (she had an appointment booked as she is classed in the vunerable group) as there where no trains running and stopped at my GP's surgery on the way back as they were having a walk-in session for their patients and had both my covid and flu jabs. One in each arm - no side affects.☺️ Having a cuppa at the minute as I am working again later today with another late finish. 

Take care and enjoy your Sunday.

Pam 

• Like 12

Good afternoon everyone, 

Well it is time to for me to come out of the "lurking cabin" I have been in for the past months, the reason is to announce that in 4 days, we shall be heading off down to Southampton to embark Arcadia for the Northern Lights cruise. This will be 3rd time "lucky" as we had it cancelled the last 2 yrs running  because of you know what. We were last on board P & O Oceana Sept 19,so exactly 3 yrs since cruising. Starting to place bit & pieces in spare room ready for packing. I shall be writing a review from my perspective in the days ahead, depending on wifi!!. This is not our 1st time up to Norway, having been twice  before with HAL. But it is a bucket list cruise to hopefully see & photograph the Northern Lights. We have had our cabin booked for over a year now & we have been given 12.00 noon boarding time. I look forward to sharing my views from onboard in the days ahead. 

• Like 17

19 hours ago, pete14 said:

We spent the afternoon considering what to do about our Ventura cruise at the end of this month. It seems certain that our suite will still be in the isolation section. Rather than waiting any longer for P&O to move us possibly to a cabin we did not want or wasn’t suitable, or give us future cruise credit if they couldn’t find an alternative, we noticed a mid ships suite had become available to book. After waiting nearly an hour on the phone, we paid a little extra for the ‘upgrade’ suite to give us the surety we needed (rate taken from when we booked at launch rather than today’s price which is over £1200 more) and now know we will be going away in a suite that meets our needs but not where we would have preferred it to have been. A good result (I think). 

Really pleased for you all. Think it was definitely the right decision and you can now look forward to the cruise knowing where you'll be in the ship. 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grumpycruiser60plus said:

Good afternoon everyone, 

Well it is time to for me to come out of the "lurking cabin" I have been in for the past months, the reason is to announce that in 4 days, we shall be heading off down to Southampton to embark Arcadia for the Northern Lights cruise. This will be 3rd time "lucky" as we had it cancelled the last 2 yrs running  because of you know what. We were last on board P & O Oceana Sept 19,so exactly 3 yrs since cruising. Starting to place bit & pieces in spare room ready for packing. I shall be writing a review from my perspective in the days ahead, depending on wifi!!. This is not our 1st time up to Norway, having been twice  before with HAL. But it is a bucket list cruise to hopefully see & photograph the Northern Lights. We have had our cabin booked for over a year now & we have been given 12.00 noon boarding time. I look forward to sharing my views from onboard in the days ahead. 

Good afternoon grumpycruiser, glad you’ve decided to stop lurking around 😂 and I hope you enjoy your cruise on Arcadia soon to see the northern lights hope you get some fantastic photos .  We’re on Arcadia on the 18 th so it will be interesting what you think of her and what is open and how the staff is at the moment, we love Arcadia being a small adult ship but I think princess is winning at the moment in our hearts , hope you have a lovely time .

• Like 1

We are staying in a business hotel on a commercial estate on the edge of Como.If you ignore the factories and businesses it has a nice background and is still 4 star.700 miles North from Calabria but 27c.As we drive thru Switzerland and France our luck will run out,lol.1322488795_IMG_20221002_165658908827.thumb.jpg.e7f387c6ba8152e880f49fb0c400df0d.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Grumpycruiser60plus said:

Good afternoon everyone, 

Really looking forward to your updates as like Purdey we are also on the next cruise on Arcadia and really wanting to know what is open and what is closed as well as what shape the ship is in. Very disappointing that despite being out of service for many months, none of the ships seem to have had any kind of makeover.

• Like 1

Good morning everyone, I hope that you are all well today.

Our house phone just rang ( a very inusual happening ), it was the doctor's surgery ringing to remind me that I have an appointment for a blood test this morning, they called me on Saturday morning to tell me that it is a year since I had a blood test and made the appointment.  I can't  help thinking what  waste of resources, (time and financial ) if they are doing this for all appointments, I could understand if I had a history of missed appointments but I  have never missed one.

• Like 2