P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

15 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Hi everyone, hope you are all keeping well.

It was  nice morning here but started raining about 1pm and hasn’t stopped yet.

Hubby has gone to see a tribute band in Halifax tonight, The Australian Pink Floyd. He has seen them before and says they are brilliant. It’s just me and the dogs at home tonight.

I have an MRI on Thursday, my consultant has referred me to possibly go on new medication for my MS, trials show it had stabilised or slowed down progression in 37% of case so fingers crossed I am a suitable candidate.

Take care everyone

Michelle

Good luck Michelle, I really hope you get a place on the trial! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, personally I’m a little glad it was relatively quiet on here yesterday as I didn’t have too much to catch up on!

Bit of a mad day yesterday, work was absolutely manic  and it was an ‘in office’ day. I was in a bad mood when I got there after a terrible sleep then it took me an hour to log on to my computer!!! Eventually I changed desks and it worked 😳

So I was sitting like Billy no mates on a row of desks on my own - might as well been at home! Luckily it was John’s day off so he could give me a lift as it was chucking it down!

I finish at 1pm so didn’t miss much of the England match (if I’d have walked I would have missed most of the first half) but I had left my distance glasses at work!! Due to my changing desks! So - I was watching the tv wearing my prescription sunglasses!!! 

Half time John drives me back to work to pick my glasses up! Then my hairdresser arrived to cut my hair (pre arranged!) 

So a rather manic day! Phew! Day off today and I’ve already done some online Christmas shopping. Saturday I didn’t find anything to spend my birthday vouchers on, typical!

I think you need todays day off after all that! 😂

My son has taken 2 weeks off work and intends to watch every football match that’s on, there’s 4 today apparently 😳  It’s going to be a long 2 weeks.

I’ve been going through my Norwegian cruise photos from earlier this year and am putting a photo book together, it’s taken me ages but I saw last night that Snapfish have a 50% off offer that finishes Friday, so I’m desperately trying to finish it before then 🥴

• Like 3

Good morning everyone a much better morning down here this morning after yesterday’s rain which left most of the roads flooded, not a lot on today just picking granddaughter up from school and a little bit of packing for fuerteventura next week.

Michelle I really hope you can get on those trials and it helps you 🙏

• Like 2

Morning all,

Have been having problems posting comments🙄

Have just been having a catch up and hope all goes well for you Michelle.

Another wet and wild windy day down here, although we are still in double fingers temperature wise, but only just! 

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning everyone a much better morning down here this morning after yesterday’s rain which left most of the roads flooded, not a lot on today just picking granddaughter up from school and a little bit of packing for fuerteventura next week.

Michelle I really hope you can get on those trials and it helps you 🙏

Thank you, I am keeping my fingers crossed 🤞 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Morning all,

Have been having problems posting comments🙄

Have just been having a catch up and hope all goes well for you Michelle.

Another wet and wild windy day down here, although we are still in double fingers temperature wise, but only just! 

Hope everyone has a good day.

Thank you

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Kalos posted yesterday. Perhaps he supports Iran and is sulking.🤣

Hi just a busy day having to get my priorities right .We needed to go and see our new

Grand daughter as they grow up so fast ,she's now a month old and just pulls strange

faces at me  😉

On the way home the car tyre pressure light came on, so off to the garage , only to find 

air pump out of order , off to the next garage ,it's working but not for us .Mrs K had put

.50p in the darn thing but no air ?? Turns out this machine is operated by Dick Turpin 

and had a tiny sign that read 10,20,50 &£1 coins , We had  two twenty pence's left and 

a couple of pound coins . Minimum spend is £1.  England are playing in less than an hour !

Short story it had to be done , car tyre's blown up for 1.50😕 

Now that's what I  call Inflation !

Sat down with a sarnie and mug of tea with minutes to spare and didn't we do well 😀

Might settle down to a bit of Wordle (Failed yesterday) and Question of Sport  :classic_love:englax.jpeg.a1862a650ef682274392b2954190e60a.jpeg 

Edited by kalos
  • Haha 14

4 minutes ago, kalos said:

Hi just a busy day having to get my priorities right .We needed to go and see our new

Grand daughter as they grow up so fast ,she's now a month old and just pulls strange

faces at me  😉

On the way home the car tyre pressure light came on, so off to the garage , only to find 

air pump out of order , off to the next garage ,it's working but not for us .Mrs K had put

.50p in the darn thing but no air ?? Turns out this machine is operated by Dick Turpin 

and had a tiny sign that read 10,20,50 &£1 coins , We had  two twenty pence's left and 

a couple of pound coins . Minimum spend is £1.  England are playing in less than an hour !

Short story it had to be done , car tyre's blown up for 1.50😕 

Now that's what I  call Inflation !

Sat down with a sarnie and mug of tea with minutes to spare and didn't we do well 😀

Might settle down to a bit of Wordle (Failed yesterday) and Question of Sport  :classic_love:englax.jpeg.a1862a650ef682274392b2954190e60a.jpeg 

When I pump my tyres up I ask DW how to reset the computer. Off to get 2 new tyres after lunch.....HOW MUCH!!!!.😂

28 minutes ago, zap99 said:

When I pump my tyres up I ask DW how to reset the computer. Off to get 2 new tyres after lunch.....HOW MUCH!!!!.😂

I didn't feel like eating when I saw the price of my car tyres either.

Best not to talk about it you will get over it quicker that way .😉

• Haha 1

Lunch. Hot gazpacho. 

We (I feature only as the purchaser of the spoons) make and freeze gazpacho in the summer, mainly from garden produce. It’s really refreshing and forms an integral part of our slightly adapted 5:2 diet. It’s more like 6.5:2, the way we do it, but it works for us.

But iced gazpacho doesn’t quite work in November, so - bright idea - heat it! Piping hot gazpacho!

Pleased to report that it’s very good indeed - recommended! ♨️

• Like 6