P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Purdey16 - Hope you can get your luggage checked in shortly and at least have a bit of a look round, rest, and maybe some lunch!  And possibly a G and T or glass of wine. It is at least better to be there now than to be sitting on the M25 in a queue.

Have a lovey holiday.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Thoroughly! But then I never watch it anyway.  This house has been a football-free zone forever. I accept that as a bloke that makes me a freak, but so be it.

Just as well we both feel the same way about most sports. 

We used to watch all football many years ago when real footballers actually played football😏

Nowadays the majority of top team players are, overpaid, prima donnas vying for an Oscar in method acting, or a gold medal in gymnastics. Obviously this is just my personal opinion.

We do still enjoy watching athletics and gymnastics etc, ski jumping and speedway, but that's all now.

Avril

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Hair, nails and eyes to be done at 10 then off to Holiday Inn ready for the off tomorrow on Q Victoria.

Still can't take my little buggy, it has to be their electric chair at twice the weight and size, but never mind,  They were quite confident they could find us a suitable accessible cabin or suite (where I could take it) but they haven't been able too.  It would have been sad anyway because if one became available it would mean someone else had cancelled through some misfortune.

I'm not happy or confident about the chair but will get used to it,  I feel I am so lucky to be able to cruise as are all of us.

Looking forward to the food, the atmosphere, lectures, theatre in fact everything, but most of all.... the sea.     

Behave!  xx

Well have a lovely cruise and plenty of sun , sorry you couldn’t get the room you wanted and I’m sure you’re get the hang of the wheelchair, eat plenty your on holiday 🌞

• Like 4

They say football is a funny old game but that depends on if your team is winning or losing😊

The world cup is every is every four years unlike Emmerdale, Corrie which with others 

seems to be every day 365. Not that I have anything against these programs ,I do watch

them now and again . I'm wondering how Ena Sharples is getting on helping her mate 

Minnie Cauldwell locate her missing pussy ,which I am sure I saw on a wall as the credits 

rolled by 😉

I realise now these programs are not real , a bit like those fans stood in the baking heat ,

singing "Footballs coming home " but it's nice to dream for a while.

I can think of a lot worse things to watch on TV, Origarmi  for begginer's , might watch it 

just to see what unfolds 😕

I suppose it would be good if they gave everything their own channels but you know what 

would happen then ..People would complain there's nowt on the telly when they tuned into

the main channels !

Channel five seem to have almost got it right ,a few heart warming Christmas films (in Nov)

followed by a few cops Tasering some nasty people , followed by the lovely kind folk of 

Barnsley who go out of their way to injure themselves ,so we get to see how the hospital runs .

People will always moan there's nowt on telly these days ,me Nan always had a jug of flowers 

on hers but the top of our telly is way to thin for that .:classic_unsure: Whatever you watch I hope you have an enjoyable time doing so. Take care :classic_love:

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

13 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I think you will find it's only 6.5 million Zap. Which when you consider how much it will have cost to make SAS Rogue Heroes, it's probably a bargain.

I'm sure it's popular. A bargain at only 6.5 million,  I haven't watched the SAS one, but might. I haven't watched snooker since they started broadcasting in colour.

It spoiled the mystery. 😂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Angel57 said:

I just wish they would put all the matches on one channel (say BBC2 and ITV2) and leave regular (like Strictly) programmes alone.
I totally understand that when England or Wales are playing then all those matches should take priority over the scheduling but as for all the pre and post match analysis 🥱

Anyway, hope everyone has a good week.

The broadcasting contract with FIFA to show the matches most likely stipulates which channel they get shown on. 

• Like 1

Afternoon all, a funny ol’ day today, the sun was blinding me through the windows in the office today but when I walked home I was rained on!

My night out Friday and not sleeping last week meant I finally succumbed and I’ve just woken from a little nap on the settee! 😆

I like football but do agree with Avril it’s not the same as it used to be. I’m not religiously watching all the matches but looking at the scores and having some matches on in the background. I have some programmes  like Corrie and Strictly on ‘series link’ on Sky which means it records everyone . This is brilliant because it means when they’re not on at usual times they’re recorded anyway. I just have to remember to delete them regularly or my ‘box’ gets full up!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

I still dont find it particularly funny.🤔

Different things amuse different people.

I  once watched a dog chasing his tail, I thought, "Dogs are easily amused"
It was then I realized I was watching a dog chasing his tail.😀:classic_unsure:

• Haha 9

11 minutes ago, kalos said:

Different things amuse different people.

I  once watched a dog chasing his tail, I thought, "Dogs are easily amused"
It was then I realized I was watching a dog chasing his tail.😀:classic_unsure:

DW purchased some undergarment things in Doncaster. The young Lady said ' if you buy those , you can't change them.🤔

• Haha 5

We have been bathed in fog all day, temperature struggled to reach 4C,  I was planning to put up my new security light, but it was too cold! If it was sunny and cold not too bad as wall light is going on faces due south.

I was hoping to hear when I would be picking up my new car today, I was told it had arrived in the U.K. on 24 Nov, but has disappeared from the system, so dealer doesn’t know where it it, has raised this with manufacturer so hopefully an answer soon, I was expecting to pick it up this week based on the depot date of 24 Nov, seems to be playing hide and seek. I hope my half a tank of fuel in current car will last until it arrives. 

• Like 3

Hello everyone, hope you are all well.

Its been a lot colder here today, roll on Summer!!

I have been to my usual coffee morning with the ladies today, we had a lady showing us how to mesje a Christmas door decoration. I didn’t make one but this is a photo of my friends. They were all fantastic.1F9AAF8D-ED88-41AC-8739-9D346778A224.thumb.png.1d991ba27aa6d106c8f6762da30c7a6b.png

• Like 12

Awful day here foggy all day.  I was meeting one of my friends for lunch and had a devil of a job getting out of the drive because someone had decided that today was a good day to install new cable along the street in preparation for super fast Internet which no-one seems to want.  We live at the end of a cul-de-sac so when 2 lorries turned up and put barriers all along stopping anyone getting out of their drive it was a problem.  It took 15 minutes to get out because they had to put covers over the trench that they had dug to lay the cables in, DH then got the car out for me because I was too nervous about hitting something because it was such a tight passage between their vans and lorry.  When I  came home I left the car on the main road and sent DH to get it back for me.  The workmen will ge back to finish the cabling tomorrow but fortunately I have nowhere to go.

• Like 4