P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

13 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Morning Brian. I hope I didn't offend you. It's just that we were talking about dogs.... and I'll take my foot out of my mouth now. Sorry. Jane xxx

No worrys Jane after I posted it,I thought that doesn't look great,lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, lincslady said:

So sorry to hear of your problems, Purdey - and your blister, too, Brian.  They make just lack of sleep seem much less important.  Thinking of you, and all your friends on here will be too. Keep us posted.

funny thing is I have a Apple air tag inside my suitcase my husband and staff tried chasing after them yesterday but we think they got into a taxi, my tag as them now in the same town we’re staying in 7 minutes away , if that was me taking someone else’s suitcase last night I would of returned it straight back to the airport it’s only a 8 minute run !  So this morning just having a cup of tea and going out in the car with the tracker on and knocking on ther door , after 7 o’clock of course 🥴 , should of done it last night but left it in their hands using common sense and the airport to deliver the case they said and besides we were to upset about dad and getting up dates on him .

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, brian1 said:

No worrys Jane after I posted it,I thought that doesn't look great,lol.

Thanks Brian. I've just read your other post about your foot. If it's kept you awake it must be very painful and I agree with Purdey that maybe you need antibiotics. It certainly sounds infected. Wish you better. Jane xx

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Well it sounds now you need some antibiotics, not being rude or anything but as you get older your resistance gets weaker so no gaffer tape on that now 🥴

The good thing is we can buy them over the counter here.I'll keep an eye on it,thanks,Brian.The early hours are always the worse for aches and pains so they say.

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, brian1 said:

The good thing is we can buy them over the counter here.I'll keep an eye on it,thanks,Brian.The early hours are always the worse for aches and pains so they say.

Sorry to hear your foot is so painful Brian.
Freddie (dog with sore paws) says you obviously haven’t had enough treats as they really really help 🐶🐶

I hope you feel better soon.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Me too I’m awake and have been a few hours, we’re back in fuerteventura now due to dad being seriously I’ll in hospital got here last night and someone took our suitcase from belt and left theirs, same colour and same colour ribbon so now staying in dirty clothes for hospital visit, we left there’s at the airport and hopefully they will take ours back , not a good time to experience and thankfully we put some important paperwork in our rucksack , power of attorney etc stuff, makes it difficult because we have to fly to Gran Canaria each morning because that’s where they  flu him too because he’s so I’ll .

Sorry to read about your father. I hope he recovers soon.

I also hope you and your luggage are re-united soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

funny thing is I have a Apple air tag inside my suitcase my husband and staff tried chasing after them yesterday but we think they got into a taxi, my tag as them now in the same town we’re staying in 7 minutes away , if that was me taking someone else’s suitcase last night I would of returned it straight back to the airport it’s only a 8 minute run !  So this morning just having a cup of tea and going out in the car with the tracker on and knocking on ther door , after 7 o’clock of course 🥴 , should of done it last night but left it in their hands using common sense and the airport to deliver the case they said and besides we were to upset about dad and getting up dates on him .

So sorry to hear about your Dad, Purdey.

I wonder what excuse the people with your suitcase will come up with for not returning it. I expect they dumped the case and then went out on the razz without unpacking.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Me too I’m awake and have been a few hours, we’re back in fuerteventura now due to dad being seriously I’ll in hospital got here last night and someone took our suitcase from belt and left theirs, same colour and same colour ribbon so now staying in dirty clothes for hospital visit, we left there’s at the airport and hopefully they will take ours back , not a good time to experience and thankfully we put some important paperwork in our rucksack , power of attorney etc stuff, makes it difficult because we have to fly to Gran Canaria each morning because that’s where they  flu him too because he’s so I’ll .

Sending prayers 🙏 for you and your dad @Purdey16 that he recovers.

Graham 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Take care Brian and hopefully your foot responds to antibiotics and is better soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Changing the subject a bit - does anyone else from the North and Northwest watch Corrie?  It is on for 3 one hour programmes a week, so too much really, but I confess to dipping in  a time or two most weeks.  The storylines have got ridiculous, to compete with the others, but still some funny lines and good performances.  

I watched last night, and was surprisingly moved by what struck me as an excellent performance by Maureen Lipman, as a crotchety old grannie, and her dog Cerberus, who had to be put to sleep.  I am not a dog person, but found it quite moving and beautifully done.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Best wishes.

• Thanks 1

Hope all goes well with your Dad Purdey and you get your suitcase sorted asap so

you can have one less thing to worry about .

Brian I hope your foot gets sorted and maybe it's an idea to go to a local chemist and 

let them advise what will treat and take the pain away .

Last but not least poor Freddie and his sore paws ,hope they are getting better.

Dogs are amazing and the things they can do .

I remember once walking home from the pub and a policeman and his dog stopped me .

He said to me "the reason for stopping you is my dog is telling me your taking drugs ! "

Really I replied " your the one hearing voices coming from your dog " 😉

Take care:classic_love:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

8 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Changing the subject a bit - does anyone else from the North and Northwest watch Corrie?  It is on for 3 one hour programmes a week, so too much really, but I confess to dipping in  a time or two most weeks.  The storylines have got ridiculous, to compete with the others, but still some funny lines and good performances.  

I watched last night, and was surprisingly moved by what struck me as an excellent performance by Maureen Lipman, as a crotchety old grannie, and her dog Cerberus, who had to be put to sleep.  I am not a dog person, but found it quite moving and beautifully done.

It was so sad, I am sure there were a lot of wet eyes watching last night.  I love Maureen Lipman's character, the way that she delivers some of the lines is brilliant , she is a great actress.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, lincslady said:

It was beautifully done, Cerberus deserves an Oscar for his performance. It will be a shame when Maureen leaves the show, she is brilliant!!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, kalos said:

Leave Brian's tea alone !  We have all heard of the Eaton Mess ?

Well this one's a calabria version🤣 and I'm sure it tasted nice 😋

It's called Calabrian Chaos.

You're right though kalos, I've eaten meals that are a delight to the eye and taste terrible.

Avril

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

Me and my blister I'm afraid been awake with my heel throbbing.I think it's infected now,red and swollen.My resistance is good having not taken hardly any antibiotics all my life.As a plumber I used to wrap gaffer tape around cuts and carry on,Brian.

Can't do that anymore as you get older bro. Your immune system isn't what it used to be. Bathe it in warm salted water for while and then use an anti-bacterial and antiseptic cream, and keep it covered. I always keep a tube of Brulidine in the first aid box. I'm sure you can find something like it locally.

Can't afford to be too blase about it bro, especially in a warm climate.

So do as you're told😉

Take care.

Sis

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Hope all works out OK Purdey. When you have time we would love to know how those folk reacted when you started banging on their door at 7.00am.......OY !..fool, where's my flipping suitcase. 🤬

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, brian1 said:

Me and my blister I'm afraid been awake with my heel throbbing.I think it's infected now,red and swollen.My resistance is good having not taken hardly any antibiotics all my life.As a plumber I used to wrap gaffer tape around cuts and carry on,Brian.

Hope it clears up. I have no medical training, but can offer a good tip...don't lick it.

• Haha 9

27 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Hope it clears up. I have no medical training, but can offer a good tip...don't lick it.

Out in the wilderness with an injury.Aren't you supposed to wee on it.

• Haha 2

Well went to the place where my case was and it was behind a reception desk at a low grade hotel that only has the doors open at 10 o’clock so we came home and I then took my husband and sister in law to airport at 9 and then I went to the airport office to see if there’s was still there and it wasn’t so I could see no other cases there it’s all open so I drove back home to the hotel to wait for it to open and I’d thought I’d just check my air tag again and my suitcase was back at the airport 🤬so I drove back to the airport to pick it up I wasn’t going home and sitting waiting for them to deliver it , after all a girls got to change her clothes 😄 so happy now I’ve got it , husband just got to hospital now to see what’s going on , 

Thank you everyone for your wishes and concern.

• Like 18

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Well went to the place where my case was and it was behind a reception desk at a low grade hotel that only has the doors open at 10 o’clock so we came home and I then took my husband and sister in law to airport at 9 and then I went to the airport office to see if there’s was still there and it wasn’t so I could see no other cases there it’s all open so I drove back home to the hotel to wait for it to open and I’d thought I’d just check my air tag again and my suitcase was back at the airport 🤬so I drove back to the airport to pick it up I wasn’t going home and sitting waiting for them to deliver it , after all a girls got to change her clothes 😄 so happy now I’ve got it , husband just got to hospital now to see what’s going on , 

Thank you everyone for your wishes and concern.

Things can only get better! Best wishes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1