P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, twotravellersLondon said:

And for the super sophisticated... a bottle of Mateus Rose

We had our honeymoon back in 1975 staying with my uncle in California.That was his favourite wine.Bit sweet for me now.Back in the day I ,loved it along with brown ale,yuk.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Oddly enough, I Iiked Angel Delight, but hate blancmange

Mums trifle covered in hundreds and thousands for Sunday afters,lovely jubbly.I liked blancmange,but after semolina or tapioca pud at school in Dagenham I'll eat anything.

• Like 3

Re the silly programmes on channel 5 about Princess - someone on the UK forum says that yes, they were all comped, and chosen for this series of duff programmes.  So definitely don't bother watching.  A waste of Princess's  money, IMO.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, yorkshirephil said:

We booked our flu jabs for September on July 7th, covid jabs start from 7th October for those who qualify.

I've just been on the NHS site and find nothing on current booking arrangements for covid or flu. What's the secret password ?

26 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Re the silly programmes on channel 5 about Princess - someone on the UK forum says that yes, they were all comped, and chosen for this series of duff programmes.  So definitely don't bother watching.  A waste of Princess's  money, IMO.

Of its the same one we've seen we actually don't think it's that bad ..... sorry

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I've just been on the NHS site and find nothing on current booking arrangements for covid or flu. What's the secret password ?

We use Well Pharmacy for our jabs and booked our flu jabs with them. Covid is not available to book yet with Well. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

https://healthmedia.blog.gov.uk/2023/08/08/covid-autumn-booster-vaccine-2023-everything-you-need-to-know/

Am I eligible for an autumn Covid booster?

The following people are eligible for an autumn Covid booster:

This is because the risk of severe Covid continues to be strongly associated with increasing age and underlying health conditions.

• Thanks 2

Feeling just a bit down today. I have lost my 3rd cousin in 3 months so another funeral to attend.

I am part of quite a large family but at the (relatively) younger end of the age scale so one by one I have seen the companions of my childhood, youth, adulthood and older age go. It brings one’s own mortality into very sharp focus.

Enjoy life folks, eat drink and be merry. Do what you love and tell those that you love that you do each and every day. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Do what you love and tell those that you love that you do each and every day. 

Great advice which we try to follow .

Sorry to hear your loss ,that's the downside of life as we get older .

You take care 🙂

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1