P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

The forecast s apocalyptic for Weds/Thurs but it’s lovely so far today.  Sunny and relatively warm.  Underfoot is awful though.  It feels like we will be battling the mud for the next 4 months. 
Some blue sky, some dark skies & rainbows, lots of standing water

176480A9-8C1C-4100-819C-3739C9B0F19A.jpeg

039F21B1-0231-4BB6-A2C5-C29DC4957FFB.jpeg

8BB97D9E-F87E-430A-9DAB-AC9EEBCDF2FF.jpeg

• Like 13

4 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning everyone, it’s grey this morning here and I think we got rain this afternoon again it’s just nonstop at the moment and not good for the whole week, I was up early this morning got my washing and drying done early and I’m washing or treating my wooden floors at the moment so I’m sat in a corner waiting for it to dry and watching the scammers program, it’s amazing what you can learn with all these new phone scams coming out . 
Have a great day everyone, especially Kalos what ever you’re doing, hope your well though and I’m pleased Wowzz is still posting around some where but didn’t catch on where as I didn’t understand the prunes!😂 

I didn't understand the prunes either @Purdey16 I keep thinking wrinkly skin, regular habits, something with a stone, shrivelled plum. I'm stuck. Can anyone help with another clue? Jane xx

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Beckett said:

I didn't understand the prunes either @Purdey16 I keep thinking wrinkly skin, regular habits, something with a stone, shrivelled plum. I'm stuck. Can anyone help with another clue? Jane xx

Pprune is a message board for professional pilots and other aircrew/ passengers. Trip advisor mention it, so should be OK on here. If I get a ban, I will just talk planes rather than cruises.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Beckett said:

I've sussed it.

I think🤔

Google the wrinkley fruits name and then forum.😉

It has a stutter😁

Avril

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Pprune is a message board for professional pilots and other aircrew/ passengers. Trip advisor mention it, so should be OK on here. If I get a ban, I will just talk planes rather than cruises.

You beat me to it zap🙄

Great minds and all that😉

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Haha 4

49 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Have a look at airline forums and you should see what MB meant. You can then find his posts by searching his forum name which is the same. 

• Thanks 1

We’re back in Gwynedd for a few days, got drenched a few times walking the dogs but still enjoying being away from city life for a change. 

Today I managed to see the RAF fighter jets flying over twice, really spectacular seeing them fly low over the Snowdonia National Park area. 

This afternoon we went to King Arthur’s Labyrinth aka the Corriss Caverns. I wasn’t a big fan of the tunnels even though I didn’t think I was that claustrophobic, but it was worth it to see the fantastic caverns and I thought the story telling was pretty good too. 

254189C0-A0E0-4B63-9071-88B8670BA766.thumb.jpeg.87b1bb79cba54fc09cc3e2acb7786bd2.jpeg

D940BC93-DD5C-40E0-AC2F-FB41F0FDE228.jpeg

477754BC-855C-4146-9A5A-788A8804CB18.jpeg

4E09EDD3-8351-4EFC-9F8C-8E6381B248A7.jpeg

508E8BC4-6FA2-4530-B785-AA5405D500D4.jpeg

B0FABD7C-D620-48AB-80F0-A32395BB2949.jpeg

9297A833-4E35-4125-AC73-B6B184FBC275.jpeg

B5C591B1-5F9C-4195-A1F7-08F0C234BDB6.jpeg

91C40537-668D-4D5E-9F44-4AB63C14ADA8.jpeg

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 16

My niece has had her last round of radio therapy today so we are all keeping our fingers crossed that this has finally worked and that the cancer has finallly been beaten after having it 3 times.

She is still in a lot of pain from the costocondritus and the broken rib that she suffered when they had to resuscitate her.

• Like 20

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

My niece has had her last round of radio therapy today so we are all keeping our fingers crossed that this has finally worked and that the cancer has finallly been beaten after having it 3 times.

She is still in a lot of pain from the costocondritus and the broken rib that she suffered when they had to resuscitate her.

I hope it has been successful,  I will keep my fingers crossed for her 

Michelle

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Wishing her all the best and the radio therapy works.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, zap99 said:

Wowzz said to say hello to you. Singled you out. Anything you would like to share with us.??.🤣

It’s really nice to know wowzz is alive and kicking on another forum and maybe one day he’ll be back on here explaining how clean his wheelie bins have been 😁

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Good news josy and let’s pray that the radio therapy had finally beaten this 🙏

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Good news hope all goes well for her

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

It’s really nice to know wowzz is alive and kicking on another forum and maybe one day he’ll be back on here explaining how clean his wheelie bins have been 😁

He does look in quite often.

• Thanks 2

It looks like we have another wet day to look forward to..  I opened thd curtains and immediately started to put last nights washing into the tumble drier. 

We bought some sweets from Tesco yesterday in case we get trick or treaters this evening but unless the weather improves I doubt that they will be out tonight so the sweets will have to go to the 2 little girls who live in the crescent.

• Like 5

Found out yesterday that Lloyds Pharmacy are closing all branches. We know they pulled out of Sainsburys earlier this year but the assistant in our local one which has now changed name told hubby that they were all closing. Anyone else heard anything? 

17 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

Found out yesterday that Lloyds Pharmacy are closing all branches. We know they pulled out of Sainsburys earlier this year but the assistant in our local one which has now changed name told hubby that they were all closing. Anyone else heard anything? 

Some/most might just be changing hands, rather than closing:

https://pharmaceutical-journal.com/article/news/lloydspharmacy-ceases-operating-90-of-branches-in-18-months

• Thanks 2

I don’t know if it’s a general etiquette nowadays for trick and treaters but round here for the last few years they should only go to houses that have some Halloween decoration such as a carved pumpkin. Some people go to great lengths to decorate and ‘celebrate’ but it’s a non event as far as we’re concerned. When our children were young we did a token carved pumpkin, when I was young I remember doing bobbing apples, apples tied on string hanging from a door frame to try and eat and a toffee apple (everything seemed to revolve around apples 🍏)

Whether you participate in Halloween or not have a good day.😊

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I don’t know if it’s a general etiquette nowadays for trick and treaters but round here for the last few years they should only go to houses that have some Halloween decoration such as a carved pumpkin. Some people go to great lengths to decorate and ‘celebrate’ but it’s a non event as far as we’re concerned. When our children were young we did a token carved pumpkin, when I was young I remember doing bobbing apples, apples tied on string hanging from a door frame to try and eat and a toffee apple (everything seemed to revolve around apples 🍏)

Whether you participate in Halloween or not have a good day.😊

We never get trick or treaters, partly due to the steep steeps to the front door which seems to put them off along with the Jehovah’s Witnesses and some other cold callers. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

Yes they are either closing or changing company. We have two and one has become Allied and the other Wellbeing.