P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

7 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Different sort of day for me, up at 05:30 to get to hospital for 07:00, I was in my cabin, sorry I mean room by 07:15. Down to theatre 08:15 woke up 2 1/2 later sporting a new hip joint. Lunch for 12:00 then a little snooze before having x-rays, blood test, physio and the usual blood pressure. Signed off 18:00 and home for 18:45. I am extremely pleased with the whole experience, it was far better than expected and only a dull throb at the moment after pain meds. 

Get well soon. Glad it went well. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 10/31/2023 at 10:39 AM, zap99 said:

We have 2 bags of celebrations ' just in case '. When DW goes upstairs to watch her soaps ,the lights will go off and I will pretend there is nobody home.........Did any trick or treaters knock?..... no dear.....what shall we do with all those chocolates?.....🤣🤣

Unfortunately quite a lot of wind and rain last night. Got 2 bags of celebrations left.....result.🤣

• Haha 6

50 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Different sort of day for me, up at 05:30 to get to hospital for 07:00, I was in my cabin, sorry I mean room by 07:15. Down to theatre 08:15 woke up 2 1/2 later sporting a new hip joint. Lunch for 12:00 then a little snooze before having x-rays, blood test, physio and the usual blood pressure. Signed off 18:00 and home for 18:45. I am extremely pleased with the whole experience, it was far better than expected and only a dull throb at the moment after pain meds. 

Glad it went well. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's sounding very wild out! The rain is battering the windows and the wind's strengthening,  just glad we're not out in it.

There are no trains running this week or next, due to engineering works, so there's replacement buses running. My son and daughter just managed to catch the last bus home from Truro as all the others have been cancelled due to the weather, with none likely to be running tomorrow either until about mid-day. So it looks like neither of them will be in work tomorrow.

Stay safe and keep warm everyone.

• Like 7

Very very windy here and I can hear the waves crashing on the beach and I’ll expect some trees will be down in the morning, I think it’s going to be at its worst at 2 in the morning by my weather app.

Yorkshirephil glad everything went ok for your new hip and hope you’re not in to much pain.

• Like 1

Here in Kent it's OK at the moment.  Rain and I have heard some gusting but not too bad at the moment.

I'll leave it another hour or so and if it's ok I might try to get a bit of sleep but if not it doesn't worry me too much.

We had a stroke of luck this week  During that torrential rain some weeks ago the water poured in from the gully between the conservatory and bungalow.  Finally OH rang a roofer who popped in next day (his day off).  He looked said there were problems and went away to get lead.   He hammered away for a couple of hours and the job was done.  He only came to have a look!  We were very pleased with the bill - under £300.   Fingers crossed.. no rain coming in yet.

Opps 'ere we go, lights are flickering.

• Like 5

Good morning, we have rain again but fortunately it is not too heavy at the moment.

I woke up to a message from my niece's husband letting me know that she was blue lighted back into hospital after she collapsed at home last night.  He was spending the night at the hospital with her so can I go round to check that the children are OK this morning.  I know that he has told my sister but my B-i-l is too ill to be left.

• Like 4

Hello. All quiet at the moment in the south of Dorset. We had a couple of thunderclaps around midnight and torrential rain at times during the night, but I don’t think the wind has (so far) been anything like I had feared. There are lots of leaves and twigs in the garden, but cannot see much as still dark.

I hope everyone is ok.

Gill x

ps @Josy1953 - I’m sorry your niece is poorly again. Life is really just not fair sometimes.

• Like 6

Morning everyone,

My daughter woke about 3 this morning and said it was all calm. I was woken at about 4 with the wind battering my bedroom windows and it's still seems as strong. There are reports of lots of trees down round about too.

Sorry to hear about your niece @Josy1953

Stay safe everyone.

Edited by purplesea
  • Like 5

Well it is all relatively calm here for now. A bit of drizzle which I would not even dignify with the title “rain” and no wind.

The local weather forecast has changed. There were supposed to be strong winds from 9pm last night.  Now it’s down to between 10am and 3pm and the highest forecast is 47mph which is fairly normal for autumn.

Hopefully other coastal areas have been similarly lucky and the storm has mainly passed by at sea. Unfortunately the Channel Islands appear to have borne the brunt of it all, lots of damage there.

Edited by Eglesbrech
  • Like 4

To all my CC friends who will be affected today - please take good care of yourselves and be safe.

@yorkshirephil Amazing that a new hip joint can be done as day surgery Phil. Glad to hear it went well and I hope you had a good night's sleep without too many after-effects. Best wishes for a smooth recovery.

@Josy1953 Sorry to hear your niece is poorly again Josy. Please God it resolves. You must all be so worried for her.

We just have heavy rain where I live and not expecting too much disruption. Best wishes to all. Jane xx

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Morning.

Just got up, very misty outside, possibly due to being on a hill, raining and very damp out there, forecast for heavy rain until 8pm, with wind increasing to gusts of up to 40mph, which are far less than the coastal gusts thank goodness. 

I hear that a tornado watch has been issued for south of England this morning, don’t recall that ever happening previously. 

Don’t think we will be going anywhere today.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Wow. To be home the same day is amazing……

25 years ago my Mum was in hospital for 8 days after a new hip!

I hope you had a restful night and any pain is manageable.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Eglesbrech said:

@Josy1953 how are the children coping with this?

They know how serious it is but are handling it better than I thought that they would.  I am astounded that they are helping dad with the housework, they really are 2 of the most spoiled children that I know.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Good morning, we have rain again but fortunately it is not too heavy at the moment.

I woke up to a message from my niece's husband letting me know that she was blue lighted back into hospital after she collapsed at home last night.  He was spending the night at the hospital with her so can I go round to check that the children are OK this morning.  I know that he has told my sister but my B-i-l is too ill to be left.

Sorry to hear about your niece Josy, like can be so cruel sometimes. Thinking about you all

Michelle

• Like 6

11 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

It sounds like all went well for you and home so quickly. My friends husband had it done about two years ago and it has been like a new lease of life for him

Michelle

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

That poor girl. I hope you are feeling ok. The worst thing is you can't do anything to help her.

At least she knows she has you to take care of her children.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Excellent news Phil.

I hope you have little or no pain and your recovery plan goes well.

I will be very interested how you get on.

• Like 1