P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

I’m glad you have had such good advice on here Indiana and pleased you have made a decision now , I read your post in the wee hours this morning and I really didn’t know what to say but I knew someone on here will have much more experience than me and some good advice, I’m happy for you that you have started the ball rolling.

• Like 7

Good morning everyone it’s 1o and it’s snowing out side ☃️ probably won’t come to much the sea breeze keeps it away.

well I’m all finished packing, nails & hair done so just the housework to do today and then out for dinner tonight. Being dropped off at terminal at 11 tomorrow but our boarding time is not until 1.15 so we will drop off our cases and either walk or taxi back into the shopping centre to have a coffee or something to eat . It feels very cold here but no frost on the car windows or ground yet .

• Like 11

We have had a light covering of snow overnight but the sun is up and the sky is blue. We are going out for breakfast with an old workmate and his good lady later, maybe call at J32 for a coffee and cake afterwards.

Take care those that are venturing out today.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, lindyloo22 said:

It’s 1c here and snowing, have to go out to take my grandson to school then take the dog for his walk wrap up warm everyone.

Morning -1.c here with a fine dusting of snow.

Take care all you dog walkers if it's slippy underfoot  ,have a good day everyone .🙂

fcfdd478452ca8eac1dc0524cd228f5b.jpg.43880bdf2e474d0d7776001ae9833a85.jpg

• Haha 16

Morning, it’s pouring with rain here & a bit windy, chilly too. We went out to a local pub with friends last night and had a lovely evening 6 of us ( sorry forgot to take photos) food was delicious had 3 courses which is unheard of for me, garlic & lemon shell on prawns, steak cooked just right followed by 2 scoops of local ice cream yum. We realised it’s exactly a year since we got together last, how crazy is that? Have a good day everyone, wrap up warm  & take care out those with snow & ice.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

We have had a light covering of snow overnight but the sun is up and the sky is blue. We are going out for breakfast with an old workmate and his good lady later, maybe call at J32 for a coffee and cake afterwards.

Take care those that are venturing out today.

We have the same snow covering and its sunny with blue skies, however the temp is 0 deg feeling like -3 deg.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

A big Thankyou to @grapau27 for his Sunderlands very generous gift of 3 points to Huudersfield last night, our need is much greater than yours.👍😉

Good luck John.

27 shots at goal and the only goal scored by one of our defenders was poor.

Edited by grapau27

Good morning - too cold for snow up here.  Minus 6 degrees earlier but nice and sunny now 😀. I can’t remember who it was but I think one of you lovely people on here did a TA special with 3 nights in a hotel in Tenerife and then a week on Azura.    Where was the hotel they gave you and what was it like?  I am off on Wednesday for this deal - I’ve been on Azura a couple of times but haven’t done the trip this way. 

• Like 3

Morning everyone.

At present it's 2c here and drizzly, although there was heavy rain when I got up.

I hadn't planned on going out today as a new dishwasher is being delivered, but I had a phone call from my son saying his train had been cancelled and could I give him a lift into work, in Truro. It has taken me two hours to get to and from Truro (less than 20 miles) due to the volume of traffic, road works and weather. Sleet and snow, and settling, which is very unusual for down here. The snow was gettting worse the nearer we got to Truro, but I was surprised on the return journey just how bad the visablity and road conditions were just five miles up the road compared to here.

Now having a cup of coffee and catching up here.

Stay safe, warm and take care.

Pam

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Angle57 is it snowing at your end round the corner from your end ? 😁

I’m actually not there as in Somerset for a few days and it’s not snowing here (near Yeovil). The Robin was grateful for a few crumbs this morning!

20231130_105013.jpeg

• Like 17

21 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Good morning. My wife is pestering to put up the decorations but I've said it's too early. Think I'll suggest Saturday afternoon, keep her quiet while I watch sport 😀

Once upon a time we used to wait until Christmas Eve after we had finished work.

Now we do it at the beginning of Advent... so it's Epsom Symphony Orchestra's Christmas Concert on Sunday afternoon,.. then we deck the halls with boughs of holly and after a few warming libations we have a tongue in cheek  "Monarch o' the Glen" dinner and after that it's Fa-la-la-la... la-la-la-la!

• Like 8

1 minute ago, twotravellersLondon said:

Once upon a time we used to wait until Christmas Eve after we had finished work.

Now we do it at the beginning of Advent... so it's Epsom Symphony Orchestra's Christmas Concert on Sunday afternoon,.. then we deck the halls with boughs of holly and after a few warming libations we have a tongue in cheek  "Monarch o' the Glen" dinner and after that it's Fa-la-la-la... la-la-la-la!

Do they perform at the Playhouse? If so, lots of pubs for you to chose to go in before and after the performance!

• Thanks 1

Currently 2C and glorious blue skies and sunshine, our south facing dining room currently 19C heated curtesy of the sun.

We went to Dobbies yesterday and whilst there had one of their “Old Fogies” lunches as my FiL used to call them, which consists of a main meal and a cake, we also used our monthly free drink vouchers. However later in the afternoon both myself & OH started to feel queasy, the only thing we ate in common was the Fish & Chips, as I was up in the night feeling sick and still off colour this morning I am thinking it was the fish that caused it.

Also noticed that spook appears to have returned to our bedroom, we found the usual bottle of perfume teetering on the edge of the shelf this morning, it usually at the back of the 4 inch wide shelf. I got my mini spirit level out this morning no slope on the shelf, not being moved by vibrations. 👻👻

• Like 1