P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Just come in from the garden after taking this photo of my gorgeous Azalea and my 

lovely cat, Evie.

Too hot to do anymore gardening, will leave it till later.

Jennizor

IMG_0293.jpeg

• Like 19

I just got back from bowling, it was 23° on the green so very warm.  We had to park on the road because the club had rented the carpark out for some sort of event that involved loud music which would have been ok if they hadn't had people singing karaoke between playing the music.  I wasa Gloria Gaynor fan but really don't want to hear "I Will Survive" ever again.

We had a great game to consolidate our position at the top of the league we won 186 to 97.

i plan to look for the Northern Lights tonight if I can stay awake.

Have a good evening whatever your plans are.

• Like 11

Lovely day

The history of water meadows is fascinating.  I recommend Google searches to learn more.  I certainly didn’t know very much, even though I thought I did 🙄

Good supper too.  Liver & bacon with mash, peas & onion gravy.  Not everyone’s cup of tea but it certainly hit the spot for me.

Now the decision - stay up & look for the lights, or not?  Someone on the walk suggested setting an alarm for 1am.  Mmm 🤔D8AD455D-668A-4F2F-B490-E6BC7D2A64BF.thumb.jpeg.d61fea2b9c9963940ec6770a72e77b6a.jpeg

0498DB4B-FD61-4D05-A148-28DFBF3AE11A.thumb.jpeg.c49a0ce1155b0acbb39cbba012b27a10.jpeg

6E720CB2-84BF-403E-9058-B64C99F452C0.thumb.jpeg.392ab5a5cf69f6fd21a2d52362c1065a.jpeg

• Like 12

22 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Lovely day

The history of water meadows is fascinating.  I recommend Google searches to learn more.  I certainly didn’t know very much, even though I thought I did 🙄

Good supper too.  Liver & bacon with mash, peas & onion gravy.  Not everyone’s cup of tea but it certainly hit the spot for me.

Now the decision - stay up & look for the lights, or not?  Someone on the walk suggested setting an alarm for 1am.  Mmm 🤔D8AD455D-668A-4F2F-B490-E6BC7D2A64BF.thumb.jpeg.d61fea2b9c9963940ec6770a72e77b6a.jpeg

0498DB4B-FD61-4D05-A148-28DFBF3AE11A.thumb.jpeg.c49a0ce1155b0acbb39cbba012b27a10.jpeg

6E720CB2-84BF-403E-9058-B64C99F452C0.thumb.jpeg.392ab5a5cf69f6fd21a2d52362c1065a.jpeg

I remember many years ago all the beautiful wild flowers. celandine, ladies shoes and slippers, cornflowers, milkmaids, buttercups, foxgloves, violets, dog roses, honeysuckle. Plenty of poppies and daisies still around, but very little else. Our lawns have daisies in them and we love to see them. 

Avril

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Lovely day

We also love liver and onions, we usually have it in a giant Yorkshire pudding, 

The weather hasn't disappointed yet again, very hot today, I had to resort to the sun cream this afternoon.

We went to Barnsley for breakfast and it was very busy again. We were waiting for the library to open at 09:30 and there was hardly a seat to be had in the Glassworks plaza. Enjoy the weekend folks, we have thunderstorms and floods forecast next week?

• Like 8

Good morning.

Looks like everyone must have been looking for the Northern lights last night and having a lovely lie in.

I hope everyone is well.

It is 9°C here and partly cloudy.

Best wishes for a nice happy day.

• Like 9

Good morning everyone, hope you are all well today.

It looks like it’s going to be a nice day here, clear blue skies but a bit of a breeze at the moment but I believe might be rain later in the afternoon.

Three of our grandchildren slept over last night after we went to a race night at the tennis club, a fun evening and something different for them.

A busy day ahead, my son rang yesterday, he is coming over with his girlfriend and two dogs then my daughter rang to say she is coming over with her husband and granddaughter so Sunday lunch for eleven today.  Looks like a trip to the supermarket this morning for more food!!!

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 10

Good morning all, still up early despite a late night (for us anyway) waiting for the Eurovision result. Croatia was my personal favourite but happy for the Swiss win and thought that France were unlucky not to be third at least. Overall I'm just glad that a political public vote didn't win.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

Looks like everyone must have been looking for the Northern lights last night and having a lovely lie in.

I hope everyone is well.

It is 9°C here and partly cloudy.

Best wishes for a nice happy day.

Morning I was thinking the same but I have been up a couple of hours now .

We gave it a half hearted attempt last night but a few houses around us 

had decided to light up their gardens with security floodlights  and it was

a bit cloudy as well.

Some folk did get photos but the best ones were on country fields near to us .

Just a misty morning here ,was going to take Mrs K out for lunch to our 

local pub but they are having a re-furb so will go to a fish  restaurant

she likes instead but wont bother you all with photo's .

Whatever your're all up to have a nice day -Take care 🙂

• Like 11

Good morning. Took ages to go to sleep last night. Partly because it was warm, partly looking unsuccessfully for the northern lights and partly watching the voting on Eurovision 🤣. The best bit is Graham Norton’s commentary but I still miss Terry Wogan doing it!

Freddie has had digestion issues recently and the vet has suggested a strict biscuit diet with no doggy treats or even his beloved carrot and cucumber for three weeks. So, I shall be good at the same time! But he is going to be an unhappy boy for a while 🐶🥲and I suspect my patience will be tested!

Another glorious start to the day, so a pleasant morning walk beckons.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

Gill x

• Like 14

18c,sunny and a light breeze at the moment. We went out a couple of times after 10.30 last night to look for the northern lights but didn’t see anything 🙁

We didn’t watch much of Eurovision last night only the scoring at the end, we could have Adele or Ed Sheeran singing a million selling song and we still wouldn’t win. We got 0 points from the voting public! Instead we watched a film that we recorded a while a go ‘where the Crawdads sing’ my wife had read the book so she knew the story, I not a great film watcher but it was very good and kept my attention (for once).

We have a quiet day today apart from having the MIL around for lunch, homemade chicken sweet and sour with egg fried rice and shop bought spring rolls. I have already this morning cooked the rice because the recipes say the you should use it fridge cold before frying.

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, kalos said:

Morning I was thinking the same but I have been up a couple of hours now .

We gave it a half hearted attempt last night but a few houses around us 

had decided to light up their gardens with security floodlights  and it was

a bit cloudy as well.

Some folk did get photos but the best ones were on country fields near to us .

Just a misty morning here ,was going to take Mrs K out for lunch to our 

local pub but they are having a re-furb so will go to a fish  restaurant

she likes instead but wont bother you all with photo's .

Whatever your're all up to have a nice day -Take care 🙂

I stayed up till 02.00am but saw no Northern lights.

Hope you enjoy your fish and chips @kalos.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Good morning. Took ages to go to sleep last night. Partly because it was warm, partly looking unsuccessfully for the northern lights and partly watching the voting on Eurovision 🤣. The best bit is Graham Norton’s commentary but I still miss Terry Wogan doing it!

Freddie has had digestion issues recently and the vet has suggested a strict biscuit diet with no doggy treats or even his beloved carrot and cucumber for three weeks. So, I shall be good at the same time! But he is going to be an unhappy boy for a while 🐶🥲and I suspect my patience will be tested!

Another glorious start to the day, so a pleasant morning walk beckons.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

Gill x

For Freddie.

d32faa347e4b815a41d9a250f13fe0dd.gif

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

It's a lovely sunny morning again here but it is only 16° and  the forecast is for clouds and and a chance of rain this afternoon so all outside jobs will have to be done this morning.

I missed the Northern Lights yet again because I fell asleep reading my book and when I woke up I forgot about the lights and just went to bed.

Have a good day whatever you have planned.

• Like 10

@Angel57 we sat up to watch the Eurovisions. Some really good songs and performances this year.

The half time act was a bit of a let down, I think we all expected ABBA, not the Abbatars. The last time in Sweden Petra did a brilliant half time act with Mans the other host.

I love Eurovision and watch every year.

Poor Freddie, hope he recovers soon.

• Like 8

Good morning all

I watched Eurovision until the start of the voting but, it made me feel very old! I don't much care for all the technological marvels that 'aid' presentation of many of the songs. I like Ollie Alexander and thought the 'Dizzy' was okay, but I wasn't at one with Graham Norton in thinking that the staging of it was magnificent. Too weird for me, as were lots of them. Croatia was also my favourite.

I'm having lunch later with the husband of my late best friend (60 years of unbroken friendship), their daughter and grandson. I've been included because I'm alone as DH is in Belgium with our son and grandson at a car event. It will be bitter-sweet because I am helping to plan their holiday to Florida next year, as it was what my friend had wanted to happen and they are keen to carry out her wishes.

We have been back from holiday for a week and the pots containing spring bulbs need attention, so a visit to a garden centre to buy geraniums is called for.  They are my favourites because they provide lots of colour for months, are very easy and require minimum attention apart from dead-heading.  'Easy' is definitely my key word when it comes to the garden 😁.  Here's to a pleasant day to all 🥂

• Like 14

For those of us who stayed up until daft o'clock or fell asleep hoping to see 

the N L 😉

Here is a blast from the past when I was only 22 years old  which would be

the summer of 1978. Used to have a right giggle watching folk on

Top Of The Pops trying to dance this one .   Memories eh ? 😀

https://youtu.be/67K69Cxl49g?si=LwboRYz6LxdST3Z2

Catch you all later 🙂

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Good morning all

I watched Eurovision until the start of the voting but, it made me feel very old! I don't much care for all the technological marvels that 'aid' presentation of many of the songs. I like Ollie Alexander and thought the 'Dizzy' was okay, but I wasn't at one with Graham Norton in thinking that the staging of it was magnificent. Too weird for me, as were lots of them. Croatia was also my favourite.

I'm having lunch later with the husband of my late best friend (60 years of unbroken friendship), their daughter and grandson. I've been included because I'm alone as DH is in Belgium with our son and grandson at a car event. It will be bitter-sweet because I am helping to plan their holiday to Florida next year, as it was what my friend had wanted to happen and they are keen to carry out her wishes.

We have been back from holiday for a week and the pots containing spring bulbs need attention, so a visit to a garden centre to buy geraniums is called for.  They are my favourites because they provide lots of colour for months, are very easy and require minimum attention apart from dead-heading.  'Easy' is definitely my key word when it comes to the garden 😁.  Here's to a pleasant day to all 🥂

We completely agree about the UK entry, good song but the staging spoiled it for us too.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, kalos said:

For those of us who stayed up until daft o'clock or fell asleep hoping to see 

the N L 😉

I really enjoyed that Kalos, but  didn't remember it.    I think my time was the early 60's

Not only difficult to dance to, I tried singing along and it was difficult!!😃

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 3

Morning everyone,

Had a lovely afternoon and evening at my daughter's BBQ. Three of my other children (they're adults but still act like children when they're togother) were there too, so was nice to catch up!

A bright sunny day here again, althoug not expected to be as warm as yesterday. Will make the most of it as rain is forecast for tomorrow.

Watched the second half of Eurovision too, but though a lot of the performances were OTT with the stage effects!

Looked out from time to time during the night but didn't manage to see the NL.

Hope you all enjoy your Sunday.

• Like 9

54 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Good morning all

In October we stayed in the 

Lake Buenavista village resort and spa.

It is well worth looking at as TUI, Virgin etc use them and the US daily service charges are waived.

The suites have 2 bedrooms,2 bathrooms a large balcony, Fridge,cooker, microwave,washer and dryer and large balcony.

We are booked again for our next visit.

• Like 4