P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

I’ve enjoyed catching up with everyone’s news.  Feels like I’ve been away for a month!

Josy - I hope you get reassuring health news.  Graham & Pauline - get well soon.  Current virus variations apparently often don’t produce +ve test results till days 4 or 5

We have sunshine! And a beer festival!  Sounds like summer may be here at last 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

It has been a beautiful sunny day here.  I have been bowling this afternoon. We were playing at home which was also home for the away team because we played our B team, they have told us that when they are the home team they will have the home advantage so will  beat us 🤣🤣

I really enjoy playing our other team because everyone knows everyone else so there is a lot of good humoured banter.  Some of us play in other leagues with some of the other team's members.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

It has been a beautiful sunny day here.  I have been bowling this afternoon. We were playing at home which was also home for the away team because we played our B team, they have told us that when they are the home team they will have the home advantage so will  beat us 🤣🤣

I really enjoy playing our other team because everyone knows everyone else so there is a lot of good humoured banter.  Some of us play in other leagues with some of the other team's members.

Hope your sister was responding to treatment and was better Josy 🙂

• Like 3

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

+1 @Josy1953.

I hope her second scan was okay.

I have spoken to her earlier this evening, she was still waiting for the neurologist to tell her what he thinks would be the best way to procede after he had looked at the scan results.  David and I are going to visit her tomorrow afternoon.

I already know from a text this afternoon that she won't be able to drive for a while so I will be in the school run am and pm indefinitely. My 2 younger sisters have said that they will help out when they can but one looks after her 20 months old granddaughter while her daughter is at work as a teacher and our baby sister is 59 so is still working.

• Like 8

Another damp grey morning here.  We have nothing planned but I wanted to get out to do a bit of work in the garden but that doesn't look likely now unless it clears up later.

• Like 5

Morning all,got a free pineapple from Lidl.Time to breakout the Dole plantation "Acme" pineapple corer that we flew to Hawaii 15 years ago to buy.Every household should own one.IMG_20240526_0735459102440.thumb.jpg.1305b6d1a21f887e92993b985f46cfbb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

5 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Morning all,got a free pineapple from Lidl.Time to breakout the Dole plantation "Acme" pineapple corer that we flew to Hawaii 15 years ago to buy.Every household should own one.IMG_20240526_0735459102440.thumb.jpg.1305b6d1a21f887e92993b985f46cfbb.jpg

My one is called “a knife”😀

Looks smart though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Good morning.

13°C and partly sunny here.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Nothing planned for today as we are still feeling the effects of a cold.

I wish everyone a happy day.

• Like 9

Morning everyone, hope you are all having a good weekend.

Day of mixed weather here. Blue skies, rain and wind making it feel chilly.

Planning of having family BBQ tomorrow so have some cakes to bake and food to marinade, but other than that nothing planned.

• Like 7

A a damp and overcast start to the day, on a yellow warning for thunderstorms this afternoon, so not planning to go anywhere today. 

I have some work to do in the greenhouse to prepare tomatoes for planting in the final locations, but not sure if I want to be in a metal framed greenhouse during a thunderstorm. 

• Like 7

Morning ,hope everyone's fine and dandy  (that's a saying from a bygone era)

Sat having my morning cuppa looking out at the rain and checking mt e-mails.

I saw that my car tax payment of £30 has renewed,which I'm glad about as 

knowing me ,now there is no tax discs ,I could have forgot .

Apart from that skimming the news headlines ,National service ,oh and a 

woman who claims making love made her forget things ..🤔

I could comment but .. 😆

Have a nice day -Take care 😃

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Off to LGW Premier inn soon.Flying out at 7 in morning.Might see you at Budapest airport @yorkshirephil.It's a small world,the best one was in a lift after just boarding Sea Princess in Montego bay 2007.I clocked the manager of a builders merchant I use at the back of the lift.I shouted out "Discount builders",his mrs said OH NO,I said don't worry I don't need any bags of sand this week.We laughed about it weeks later when I popped in there.

• Like 7

On 5/25/2024 at 9:02 AM, brian1 said:

Perhaps with luggage,transfer and being 2 years away,it may be a good deal,good luck,Brian.

We did an RC fly cruuse from Civitaveccia. Flight to Rome, train into Rome, train to Civitaveccia taxi to hotel, hotel, taxi to ship. Next time we will budget for a taxi from Rome to Civi. About €100, or so.

• Like 3

Morning all, sorry I haven’t had time to catch up on all the news. My mum is still in hospital so life is work and hospital visits at the moment. My sister is popping up for a brief visit today so we get a day off from visiting. We’re busy sorting stuff out at home today. I should be getting excited for our cruise but can’t get excited yet. Really hope she’s out soon and safe in her Home being well looked after.

• Like 17

37 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Off to LGW Premier inn soon.Flying out at 7 in morning.Might see you at Budapest airport @yorkshirephil.It's a small world,the best one was in a lift after just boarding Sea Princess in Montego bay 2007.I clocked the manager of a builders merchant I use at the back of the lift.I shouted out "Discount builders",his mrs said OH NO,I said don't worry I don't need any bags of sand this week.We laughed about it weeks later when I popped in there.

Hope you and @yorkshirephil  have a great time ,safe travels to you and your Mrs 's 🙂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, sorry I haven’t had time to catch up on all the news. My mum is still in hospital so life is work and hospital visits at the moment. My sister is popping up for a brief visit today so we get a day off from visiting. We’re busy sorting stuff out at home today. I should be getting excited for our cruise but can’t get excited yet. Really hope she’s out soon and safe in her Home being well looked after.

Sending best wishes to you and your Mam Sue.

Hopefully she will be out of hospital soon.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sending best wishes to you and your Mam Sue.

Hopefully she will be out of hospital soon.

Our best wishes to @P&O SUE  and hope gets home to her pals soon .

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Something similar happened to me.

I was going on a cruise in the Fjords and someone from work was on the same cruise. We had got on the same train at Penzance and changed trains at Exeter. She was sitting in our reserved seats, so Mum asked her to move. She walked behind me, not seeing me. We saw her walking around in Southampton. It wasn't until we got in a lift (half way through the week) that she was in that she saw me, and I was greeted with "Oh, Tesco Penzance". That is the only time she saw me, but I saw her at a couple at other ports. Coming home, we were already on the train when she got on and she walked straight past us and again when we got off at Penzance.

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I hope your Mum is soon able to go home. Sending best wishes for a speedy recovery.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

We are scheduled to fly at 6:15, taxi picking us up at silly o clock, so you never know. Have a safe journey.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We went to visit my sister this morning and she was hopeful that she might come home today so we stayed until they started to deliver the patients' lunches, hoping that the neurologist would come and say that we could bring her home but he hadn't arrived so we left.  She has just texted to tell me that he has been and told her that they want to do another MRI and depending on what they find on that she may come home tomorrow.

• Like 14

11 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We went to visit my sister this morning and she was hopeful that she might come home today so we stayed until they started to deliver the patients' lunches, hoping that the neurologist would come and say that we could bring her home but he hadn't arrived so we left.  She has just texted to tell me that he has been and told her that they want to do another MRI and depending on what they find on that she may come home tomorrow.

Fingers crossed for your Sis Josy 🙂 Good news so far .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I hope your sister's MRI tomorrow is good Josy and she can come home. Everything seems postive so far🤞

Avril

• Like 2

5 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

I hope your Mum's out of hospital soon too Sue, but it's good that her doctors are being careful and making sure she's well enough before they discharge her. Just focus on one thing at a time and you'll get there, even your cruise. 

Take care Sue. x

Avril

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1