P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Morning all, hot hot hot here! We’re visiting mum this afternoon and it’s always warm there in the winter so goodness knows what it will be like today!

Sunday, I said we were going to our sons but they live in a flat so he messaged us and said should they come to us instead so we could sit in the garden. They bought the food! So that was nice especially as it had clouded over when they came but was still very warm.

Our Joshua kept asking me to ‘go and look at nature’ with him! So we went round the garden looking at bees etc 🥰

Yesterday - back to work! Boo!

Have a good day all, keep cool.

• Like 10

50 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Now it is too hot and humid we are complaining about the weather again.  Never satisfied.

I think it's the humidity that gets us in the UK.  I cannot complain too much as due to my 

conditions I have circulation problems .

Temperatures around 16-17 .c and some days my fingers or feet can feel cold.

I suppose my personal Goldilocks temperature would be 21-22 .c

Mrs K's sister is totally opposite and loves nothing better than a holiday in a snowy

chilly place . That would be my idea of hell but we all have our own tolerances  when 

it comes to what makes a perfect day .

• Like 10

Good Morning Campers

Very warm here already. I went out at 6am with Ted and it was lovely and cool. Just right for walking. Now, an hour later, the heat is already building. I know I'm in the minority but I really hate the heat and Summer is just not my season. So today will be spent avoiding the worst of it. Kalos is so right in that we all have our individual tolerences to temperature.

Talking of tolerance, those of us who are interested have another England game to endure tonight. Come on boys give us something to cheer about. I'm optomistic - for now!

Have a great day everyone. Take care in the sun and be well. Jane xx

• Like 10

I’ve just thought of something I wanted to mention after our cruise. I lost half a stone after my awful stomach bug a few weeks ago. I’m very pleased to say I didn’t put on a pound after our cruise! We eat more than at home of course but I always choose salad for lunch and we don’t go mad and hardly ever have snacks as we’re so full from our bigger meals! 
One advantage of a bigger ship - so much walking! No one has noticed my weight loss ( it’s only half a stone) but I’m really chuffed 😁

• Like 16

It is getting warm here too, cracking day yesterday, we sat out till late afternoon then went to friends for a BBQ and sat out again until 22:00. The forecast looks decent for the next few days, getting a little cooler.

I see we have qualified for the Euro last 16 as Spain beat Albania, We need a decent win tonight to restore confidence.

Enjoy the day.

• Like 7

Morning to you all,

Hope everyone is well. 

Had very little sleep last night, still up at 1am and awake again at 4.30am, but managed to drift off again for another hour or so.

Dull and overcast again here, and a cool 15c. According to our weather forecast expect to  clear and get to 18c, which it didn't yesterday, so will just have to wait and see.

Take care and have a good day.

• Like 8

Already 22c here and clear slightly hazy skies. A couple of lazy days ahead during the nice weather. Our eldest son is en route flying back from Sydney, we saw him for a few days in February in Sydney but this is his first time in the uk for 2 years.

The garden is looking really good at the moment with the roses and Mock Orange blooming well. The climbing rose is growing through a conifer.

IMG_0229.jpeg

IMG_0230.jpeg

IMG_0231.jpeg

• Like 14

Morning 

Currently 17C, clear blue skies and another warm and sunny day ahead, had a good nights sleep, keeping the curtains/blinds drawn on south facing windows keeps the house cooler, the external insulation cuts down the heat transfer from the bricks. For the second evening running we had our evening meal outside hopefully we get to use our “outdoor room” more then we did did last summer.

Contemplating when to pick our last cauliflower, which will be soon as I need the space for the last sowing of green beans. The raised beds at the end of the garden and the tomatoes and peppers in the greenhouse keep us self sufficient in veg and salad stuff fir much of the summer and early autumn. 

• Like 7

16 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

EC2A16BB-A0BA-41B2-8C7E-EF3C04781F92.thumb.jpeg.a7feb1259f5684b29186feac61ddb039.jpeg

That's my all time favourite sketch of Morecombe and Wise with Andre Previn, aka Andrew Preview. I watch it on YouTube whenever I'm feeling low and in need a laugh.

That was BK (Before Kalos) of course.

Better than any medicine.

Avril

• Like 9

We're avoiding the sun until later on. It was lovely this morning when I was hanging the washing out. I've just been outside to check the temperature and it's reading 30c and that's in the shade. Not much of a breeze either so we'll wait until later and stay inside where it's cooler.

I'm not complaining about the weather mind you, merely adjusting😁.

Keep Cool and Carry On☺️

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
oops
  • Like 7