P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

25 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

All packed and off on our travels tomorrow. Catch up with you all in 2 weeks. Will pop in as WiFi allows.

Stay well all.

Best wishes for a fantastic 2 weeks holiday.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

Hi all,here we are at PI LGW again for our 9.30 am flight to Dalaman to pick up Marella Discovery.Time for early PI brekkie tomorrow.They say things come in 3s,baggage handlers strike called off at the last minute,the IT meltdown and Marilyn waking up with her back in spasm this morning.After a shedload of antiinflammatories and tiger balm it's manageable now.Fingers crossed she's OK in the morning,cheers,Brian.

I hope Marilyn is okay in the morning and you both have a wonderful cruise.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, brian1 said:

Hi all,here we are at PI LGW again for our 9.30 am flight to Dalaman to pick up Marella Discovery.Time for early PI brekkie tomorrow.They say things come in 3s,baggage handlers strike called off at the last minute,the IT meltdown and Marilyn waking up with her back in spasm this morning.After a shedload of antiinflammatories and tiger balm it's manageable now.Fingers crossed she's OK in the morning,cheers,Brian.

Have a great cruise Marilyn and Brian. Hope Marilyn improves,

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

All packed and off on our travels tomorrow. Catch up with you all in 2 weeks. Will pop in as WiFi allows.

Stay well all.

Eglesbrech have a great two weeks away with plenty of sunshine.

• Like 6

Good luck with everything Brian.  Hope Marilyn will wake up ok.  My son lost a walking holiday in Italy earlier in the year after waking up on the morning of the flight with crippling sciatica 

Fingers crossed for you.  Have a lovely cruise

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Have a great time away @Eglesbrechand @brian1

I hope that Marilyn is soon feeling better, sciatica is awful.  I woke up last Tuesday in agony with sciatica and was struggling to walk.  I had some Ibrufen gel and strong pain killers that the doctor prescribed on a previous occasion which helped but I still have a slight ache.

It's  a bit grey this morning  but the forecast is for sunny spells so hopefully it will pick up later.

Have a great time whatever you are doing today, I woke up at 6:25 and jumped out of bed thinking that I needed to get ready for the school run ghen remembered that it is ghd first day of the summer break for them grrrr.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.

Have great holidays @Eglesbrech and also @brian and like others have said, I do hope your wife’s back is a little easier this morning as nothing worse than travelling with a bad back/sciatica.

Loved the Gretna Green photos @grapau27 - somewhere I have never been to. I often think to myself that there are so many places in the UK that I’ve never been to (Isle of Wight as an example) and yet I’ve been to so many places around the world. I must try and remedy that over the next few years!

Have a great day.

Gill

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Good morning ,Have great holidays @Eglesbrech  also @brian and lets 

hope the PI had a good stock of Marmite for Brian 🙃

Looks to be the making of a reasonable day weather wise for us 16-22.c today.

Hope you all have a good day -Take care .

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Morning everyone,  

Wishing both @Eglesbrech and @brian1  a happy holiday. Like everyone else has said I hope Marilyn is feeling better this morning.

Another grey,cloudy day here with more rain expected this afternoon. Depressing weather!

Hope everyone has a good week.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Good morning.

Have great holidays @Eglesbrech and also @brian and like others have said, I do hope your wife’s back is a little easier this morning as nothing worse than travelling with a bad back/sciatica.

Loved the Gretna Green photos @grapau27 - somewhere I have never been to. I often think to myself that there are so many places in the UK that I’ve never been to (Isle of Wight as an example) and yet I’ve been to so many places around the world. I must try and remedy that over the next few years!

Have a great day.

Gill

Went to Gretna Green around 25 years ago, it was a wet afternoon and must admit not impressed with the place. We went to the Isle of Wight last summer, we enjoyed our week there, it is easy to get around, although car parks are expensive, especially at the Needles. We did Osborne House which we have seen many times on cruises out of Southampton, it is a must visit location on the island. Cost of getting there is very expensive, but hotels or self catering owners often have discounts available for guests, we went from Lymington to Yarmouth. 

• Like 5

I have never been to Gretna Green and have never really considered it.  The Isle of Wight is a beautiful place to visit but we haven't been there for over 30 years so I suspect that it will have changed a lot. 

We have said that next year we will cut back on cruising and spend more time visiting places that we used to like years ago which will include the Isle of Wight, South Devon, Cornwall and the Lake District for a walking holiday.  We last went to the Lakes for a week for my 40th birthday and even though it was the end of March the weather was fantastic, sunny and no rain for the whole week.

• Like 7

Brian, both my DH and I have had instances of sudden crippling back pain - actually on cruises - an one shot of steroids in the bum did the trick very quickly, with pain almost gone  In both cases, we were on board ships and the ship's Dr. did them.  Hopefully Marilyn is better already, but it is a possibility if it should be necessary.  Fingers crossed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I have never been to Gretna Green and have never really considered it.  The Isle of Wight is a beautiful place to visit but we haven't been there for over 30 years so I suspect that it will have changed a lot. 

We have said that next year we will cut back on cruising and spend more time visiting places that we used to like years ago which will include the Isle of Wight, South Devon, Cornwall and the Lake District for a walking holiday.  We last went to the Lakes for a week for my 40th birthday and even though it was the end of March the weather was fantastic, sunny and no rain for the whole week.

Don't worry. IoW hasn't changed much in the last 30 or so years. Some parts need to as they are looking a bit ...neglected.

• Like 5

Good afternoon all.

It's been so long since I've been on here that there's way too much for me to catch up on but I hope that you're all well!

I've realised I hadn't done a report from our cruise but had made some notes so I will enjoy writing a report now,

• Like 9

30 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Don't worry. IoW hasn't changed much in the last 30 or so years. Some parts need to as they are looking a bit ...neglected.

I have wonderful childhood memories of Ventnor on the Isle of Wight but we visited a couple of years ago and it was indeed very neglected, such a shame,

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

I have wonderful childhood memories of Ventnor on the Isle of Wight but we visited a couple of years ago and it was indeed very neglected, such a shame,

We didn’t get to visit Ventnor last year, we tried but seem a lot of road works making it difficult to access, since then they have had the landslides. The area appears to be quite unstable, I certainly wouldn’t want to live there. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Went to Gretna Green around 25 years ago, it was a wet afternoon and must admit not impressed with the place. We went to the Isle of Wight last summer, we enjoyed our week there, it is easy to get around, although car parks are expensive, especially at the Needles. We did Osborne House which we have seen many times on cruises out of Southampton, it is a must visit location on the island. Cost of getting there is very expensive, but hotels or self catering owners often have discounts available for guests, we went from Lymington to Yarmouth. 

There is a large outdoor designer outlet in Gretna about 1 mile from Gretna Green where the famous Blacksmiths shop is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

There is a large outdoor designer outlet in Gretna about 1 mile from Gretna Green where the famous Blacksmiths shop is.

...and you can get there from Carlisle using your English senior bus pass.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

That had not long opened when we visited Gretna, quite small then but I believe has been revamped somewhat since.