P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Some editions of my local newspaper went online this week, so I searched for myself as I knew there might be a few mentions from my councillor days, I was quite surprised how many times I was quoted from various council meetings. Worryingly I can’t remember saying what was reported. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sunny but cloudy here in Lancashire this morning...Pendle Hill is shrouded in mist...its certainly " Mist Over Pendle " at the moment .

Had a really good night out last night at a local Italian restaurant with my Lancashire Funster group

• Like 11

I am an early bird this morning, only because we have an early start to get to the bus depot for 08:00.

The weather is set fair and the sea state calm for our crossing to the Isle of man this afternoon.

• Like 9

Awake at 4 40 this morning.  It is cloudy but it seems to be breaking up with bits of blue sky visible.  I have already finished my cleaning and and got the washing out to hopefully dry.

It is my sister's birthday today so I will be going to take her card and present later.

I just saw the report of wild fires in Jasper this morning.  We spent 2 days in Jasper when we did a road trip across Canada from Calgary to Vancouver to get on a Princess cruise up to Alaska.  it was a lovely little town with friendly locals other than the brown bear that appeared outside our cabin at Jasper Park Lodge when we planned to walk down to the main building for breakfast.  I hope that the fire is quickly brought under control without loss of life.

• Like 9

Morning ,it looks bright and sunny start to the day for us but nothing planned.

Yesterday had a look around a local shoe warehouse and got a new pair of

trainers and some slip on's. At the counter the lady was very "up sale"

"Do you want me to spray them with a protective coat  that will make them 

last longer?"    No thanks I replied   "Well can I have your e-mail to send you

our offers ?"    No thanks again as I see any offers on their web site .

You seem to get folks pitching their sales I remember once in a shopping centre

a young lady walked up to me with her survey board in her hand and asked me.

'Do you have any pets'? I said 'A goldfish'.

She said 'any hobbies'? I replied 'well he likes swimming!' 🙃😉

Have a great day and take care .🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

15 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Awake at 4 40 this morning.  It is cloudy but it seems to be breaking up with bits of blue sky visible.  I have already finished my cleaning and and got the washing out to hopefully dry.

It is my sister's birthday today so I will be going to take her card and present later.

I just saw the report of wild fires in Jasper this morning.  We spent 2 days in Jasper when we did a road trip across Canada from Calgary to Vancouver to get on a Princess cruise up to Alaska.  it was a lovely little town with friendly locals other than the brown bear that appeared outside our cabin at Jasper Park Lodge when we planned to walk down to the main building for breakfast.  I hope that the fire is quickly brought under control without loss of life.

Happy birthday to your sister today.

It is also a birthday for one of Pauline's cousins today.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

I am an early bird this morning, only because we have an early start to get to the bus depot for 08:00.

The weather is set fair and the sea state calm for our crossing to the Isle of man this afternoon.

I hope you have a nice holiday in the Isle of Man Phil.

• Like 3

Morning to you all.

Bright and sunny down with a temp of 16c down here and expected to get a little warmer.

Got woken up about an hour ago, from our neighbour with a lot of crashing and banging going on. It appears he's having scaffolding put up.

I'm meeting up with a friend for coffee this morning, but nothng else planned.

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, janny444 said:

Sunny but cloudy here in Lancashire this morning...Pendle Hill is shrouded in mist...its certainly " Mist Over Pendle " at the moment .

Had a really good night out last night at a local Italian restaurant with my Lancashire Funster group

I drove home on the A59 last night, is that near Pendle Hill? I always want to go to that Italian in Gisburn, it looks lovely 

Michelle

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Happy birthday to your sister today.

It is also a birthday for one of Pauline's cousins today.

Happy birthday to Pauline's cousin 🎂 

I have a birthday book that was a present many years ago and every day has a flower and poem associated with it, I often use the poems in the cards that I make and send  today's is

20240726_081350.thumb.jpg.ac878a80e04e4e029d033c669688464a.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 7/24/2024 at 3:28 PM, Adawn47 said:

I'm onto page 36 now and I came across a long forgotten friend of ours.

Does anyone remember the lovely ROGER?😁

Avril

I do!!! Wasn't he a little antagonistic (to put it nicely)?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It has felt like a long, long wait but I am finally on summer holidays! We are doing the last of the washing before dropping off the pets at their holiday home later this morning :classic_sad:

This afternoon we are heading for an overnight stay in Buckingham (any tips for things to do would be welcome) to break up the journey to Southampton tomorrow to embark MSC Virtuosa. 

This will be our first "non-P&O" voyage since 2003 (24 consecutive cruises with "Peninsular and Oriental" - not that we were cruising when they were still called that 😉).

We are taking the in-laws as usual so our "mission impossible" is to have no fall outs today and tomorrow! Yeah, I know what you're all thinking (good luck with that!).

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 13

49 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I drove home on the A59 last night, is that near Pendle Hill? I always want to go to that Italian in Gisburn, it looks lovely 

Michelle

Depends whereabouts you are on the A59....if you are near Clitheroe then yes it is the large brooding hill that you see....very famous for the witches....there was a programme on TV a couple of weeks or so ago about the Lancashire witches in the Pendle area.

The Italian restaurant is nearer to where we are....the Monte Cristo....what a fabulous night ....a magician performs on a Thursday night and the price is quite unbelievable. All of my Funsters will be " pestering" me to organise a return visit 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, DamianG said:

It has felt like a long, long wait but I am finally on summer holidays! We are doing the last of the washing before dropping off the pets at the their holiday home later this morning :classic_sad:.

This afternoon we are heading for an overnight stay in Buckingham (any tips for things to do would be welcome) to break up the journey to Southampton tomorrow to embark MSC Virtuosa. 

This will be our first "non-P&O" voyage since 2003 (24 consectutive cruise with "Peninsular and Oriental" - not that we were cruising when they were still called that 😉).

We are taking the in-laws as usual so our "mission impossible" is to have no fall outs today and tomorrow! Yeah, I know what you're all thinking (good luck with that!).

Have a safe journey and enjoy your cruise.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

We did exactly this for our first cruise 25 years ago. Amazing countryside, I do hope the fires are extinguished soon. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, DamianG said:

It has felt like a long, long wait but I am finally on summer holidays! We are doing the last of the washing before dropping off the pets at their holiday home later this morning :classic_sad:

This will be our first "non-P&O" voyage since 2003 (24 consecutive cruises with "Peninsular and Oriental" - not that we were cruising when they were still called that 😉).

Best wishes for a fantastic cruise Damian.

We had a short cruise on MSC Virtuoso last April and the ship was lovely.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DamianG said:

Bon voyage. We haven’t been on MSC so will be interested in your opinion of them after your cruise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

KM Travel Avril. We have been with them before a few times. They have a shop in town and a web site.

Thank you Phil, I'll have a look through their holidays. Always a good idea to get my ducks in a row, I never know when Frank might suddenly decide on a few days away.🤞

We've used Alfa holidays from Barnsley before but they pick up at Woodall services now, and Shearings only do limited holidays and dates from Barmsley.

Have a lovely time.x

Avril

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We stayed at Jasper park lodge. Brilliant, also on our way to Van conversion(stupid computer, I typed Vancouver) to join a Celebrity cruise. Look what turned up outside our room.

WP_20170614_06_17_07_Pro (2).jpg

Edited by zap99
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, purplesea said:

Morning to you all.

Bright and sunny down with a temp of 16c down here and expected to get a little warmer.

Got woken up about an hour ago, from our neighbour with a lot of crashing and banging going on. It appears he's having scaffolding put up.

I'm meeting up with a friend for coffee this morning, but nothng else planned.

Hope everyone has a good day.

I bet you thought your friendly seagull had come home.🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I stayed at JPL too when we had a 7 day land tour from Calgary to Vancouver prior to joining the Sun Princess (@1995) for a cruise up Alaska. Fab hotels (Banff Springs, Lake Louise, JPL, a night on the train and then a night at the Empress). 

• Like 3