P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

On 10/15/2024 at 3:43 PM, Megabear2 said:

A miserable afternoon for me.  I've just had the very worst news that one of my two yearling fillies has sadly been put to sleep this afternoon.  She has had an infection in her foot for a couple of weeks which has been being treated with aggressive antibiotics but unfortunately to no avail so the kindest option was taken to put her out of pain.  Although this is obviously the right thing to do it is so very upsetting because of her age.

That’s really sad news to hear but she is no longer in pain which is better for her

Michelle

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, indiana123 said:

What a horrible week this is for us.  We got soaked to the skin  on the Isle of Wight on Sunday racing to the coach during a downpour.   We are in the ,middle of the worst colds we have ever experienced  Never known anything like it. Never been to bed with a cold before

But much worse,  We got our little cat Keira from the cattery and she was fine.  Then she came to the door somehow on her stomach, we got her in and while talking to the vet we said she had gone, but she rallied  At the out of hours vets, who were lovely, she arrested so we let her go peacefully.  She was only  6, with a heart murmur,  A lovely stubborn little girl who had been in the adoption home 3 times.  I think we made her happy in the last 18 months.

I know the feeling Lindyloo and Megabear

That’s terrible news and an awful shock for you

Michelle

• Like 3

3 hours ago, indiana123 said:

What a horrible week this is for us.  We got soaked to the skin  on the Isle of Wight on Sunday racing to the coach during a downpour.   We are in the ,middle of the worst colds we have ever experienced  Never known anything like it. Never been to bed with a cold before

But much worse,  We got our little cat Keira from the cattery and she was fine.  Then she came to the door somehow on her stomach, we got her in and while talking to the vet we said she had gone, but she rallied  At the out of hours vets, who were lovely, she arrested so we let her go peacefully.  She was only  6, with a heart murmur,  A lovely stubborn little girl who had been in the adoption home 3 times.  I think we made her happy in the last 18 months.

I know the feeling Lindyloo and Megabear

My condolences for the loss of your dear cat Keira.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Oh Pah!  What a flipping week.  So sorry Indiana - and Megabear too, who I missed responding to whilst the site is so temperamental.  They give us so much but it hurts so much when they leave

I’ve been trying to find a rescue cat - not as easy as you’d think but I’ll persevere 

My OH has just tested Covid-positive.  First time for either of us.  We nearly made it to five years clean! 🙄

Take care everyone.  Who knows when we will meet again?  I’ve not had access all day

I'm sorry to hear your husband has COVID.

I hope you don't catch it and he is well soon.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

We had our covid and flu jabs today, both in the same arm and so far no aches and pain, touch wood. However the church hall venue was significantly  busier than last year.

Ours were at the doctors surgery with the nurse, no one there at all not even for normal appointments.

• Like 1

Good morning all , I’ve been awake all night probably had 3 hours sleep, I must be excited or something 🌊🚢, we went out to dinner last night to our favourite restaurant and the meal they served up was huge so we have both suffered the consequences last night after being on diets and eating healthy for two months.

Watched the news that Liam Payne , from one direction has died after falling from a balcony, very sad news for all especially leaving behind his young son Bear 7 years old .

Have a good day all weather permitting.

IMG_8321.jpeg

IMG_8322.jpeg

IMG_8323.jpeg

• Like 12

13 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Oh Pah!  What a flipping week.  So sorry Indiana - and Megabear too, who I missed responding to whilst the site is so temperamental.  They give us so much but it hurts so much when they leave

I’ve been trying to find a rescue cat - not as easy as you’d think but I’ll persevere 

My OH has just tested Covid-positive.  First time for either of us.  We nearly made it to five years clean! 🙄

Take care everyone.  Who knows when we will meet again?  I’ve not had access all day

+1 with your sentiments Eddie,we lost quite a few cats in Italy.They weren't ours but we fed quite a few of them and did our best to look after them but they were semi ferral.We were fighting a losing battle most of the time.You'll have to travel closer to London for rescue cats I'm afraid,our daughter has just got 2 kittens from South London.Abandoned kittens are rife throughout Greater London.Brian.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Morning all

Let’s hope for a better day all round 

OH is pretty good. Hopefully just a mild dose for him. I’m still testing negative, so long may that continue

At least the rain has stopped.  It was awful yesterday - flood alerts etc

Onwards & Upwards! Perhaps I’ll look at the new cruises but I’m not sure about booking more than two years ahead.

• Like 11

Morning, a sunny morning here, quite a marked difference from yesterday’s deluge, driving back from a talk last night was horrible having to avoid large puddles and water pouring of hillside, quite a bit of flooding in the area as drainage systems overwhelmed by volume of water. 

• Like 13

Bright and sunny here too this morning .

Last night we had the chippy to finish the day.Mrs K went for the chicken garlic

mayo burger and I opted for a fish meal as this works out cheaper than buying 

fish and chips on it's own ,you get sausage or rissole and a choice of sauces.

Ordering online you get the option of peas etc on meal or in a pot. I ordered 

them in a pot.

The chippy is a 6-8 min run away in the car,when we arrived,the woman serving

said "Here you go it's ready for you  "  

I got home unwrapped them to find she had smothered the peas all over the 

entire meal,which is ok if your eating them immediately but not wrapped up.

By the time I got to them they had set into a stodge glueing  all the chips together.

Never mind the garden birds enjoyed them this morning ☺️

Have a good day -Take Care

• Like 12

Good Morning to you all,

A lovely bright sunny day here after having spent yesterday's fog, mist and rain, it also feels warmer too.

I spent yesterday evening looking at flights for our annual visit to the family in Sicily. In May we can get return flights for £80 each (without luggage), the train fare to the airport is more than that!  I also found some nice appartments for less than £500 for the week, so I'm seriously considering going over then instead of September - just need to persuade OH.

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 10

On 10/15/2024 at 10:39 AM, Splice the mainbrace said:

It’s our last full day onboard Sky Princess today in Cherbourg after 4 weeks and 3 days onboard, we disembark tomorrow in Southampton. Relaxing this morning before packing this afternoon.

Arrived back in Southampton yesterday after our cruise. Disembarkation was  a bit frustrating, congestion in the baggage hall caused times to slip back to 45 mins late and when we did get off there were a lack of trolleys with a queue to get them waiting for more trolleys to arrive. When we got out of the terminal to the car park there were stacks of them so the normal system of getting them back to the terminal didn’t seem to be working. In our previous experience arriving at Southampton has been trouble free so I don’t know why it wasn’t yesterday.

Our drive up to Cheshire was rather tiring with heavy but mostly moving traffic all of the way. The A34 was the normal frustration of lorries taking a mile or 2 to overtake each other at 0.005 mile an hour faster than the other (why?) holding up all other traffic and then the normally relief of a clear M40 also was also unusually busy. Then 15 minutes stationary on the M6 near Stafford with both carriageways closed, no apparent accident but maybe something on the road.

Anyway back safe and sound with about 6 loads of washing to start tackling. A bonus though is that I seem to of only put on 3lbs on the 31 day cruise!!, I don’t eat loads on cruises nowadays but much more than I would at home plus making good use of the drinks package 🍷🥂, I was surprised because I normally put on at least 2lbs or more week. 3 months to our next cruise on Arcadia from San Francisco to Sydney.

• Like 15

I saw cruises advertised for 2027 somewhere yesterday.Dry here,it rained yesterday morning but it stopped by midday.Walked to the gym in my waterproofs again and ended up carrying my coat.Trained on the outside machines in the sunshine,lol.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

+1 with your sentiments Eddie,we lost quite a few cats in Italy.They weren't ours but we fed quite a few of them and did our best to look after them but they were semi ferral.We were fighting a losing battle most of the time.You'll have to travel closer to London for rescue cats I'm afraid,our daughter has just got 2 kittens from South London.Abandoned kittens are rife throughout Greater London.Brian.

The Cats Protection banned us from adopting as we lived at a postcode they didn’t approve of.  This despite us having just lost the final one of four females at the age of 26.  Her friends made it to 19, 22 and 23 as well but apparently we are not suitable to adopt.

Our boy found us instead turning up unannounced nearly 15 years ago, he clearly things we are suitable!

Currently round here it's dogs people are being refused.  One gent had border collies all his life and was refused an adoption of another as he was unsuitable.  He crossed the county border to Somerset and the same organisation allowed him to adopt two.  There's no rhyme or reason to this adoption it seems.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

The Cats Protection banned us from adopting as we lived at a postcode they didn’t approve of.  This despite us having just lost the final one of four females at the age of 26.  Her friends made it to 19, 22 and 23 as well but apparently we are not suitable to adopt.

Our boy found us instead turning up unannounced nearly 15 years ago, he clearly things we are suitable!

Currently round here it's dogs people are being refused.  One gent had border collies all his life and was refused an adoption of another as he was unsuitable.  He crossed the county border to Somerset and the same organisation allowed him to adopt two.  There's no rhyme or reason to this adoption it seems.

Madness,unless you live in the middle lane of the A30.There's ways and means to get round it as the gent did,hopefully.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, kalos said:

Afternoon 😃 Had the gas boilers annual service today and Mrs K

and granddaughter took great granddaughter for her age 1 year jabs.

She screamed the place down but to be fair to her ,she had 4 jabs,

two in one thigh and two in the other and we fret about 2 going into

our arms,bless her.

Think this dull weather warrants a chip shop tea tonight 😋

may catch you all later if the forum holds out.🙂

We had flu and covud jabs yesterday at the local pharmacy. The very nice young Lady asked one arm, or 2. I went for the one arm procedure. It hurt a bit, but I didn't cry. No sticker .....again.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Arrived back in Southampton yesterday after our cruise. Disembarkation was  a bit frustrating, congestion in the baggage hall caused times to slip back to 45 mins late and when we did get off there were a lack of trolleys with a queue to get them waiting for more trolleys to arrive. When we got out of the terminal to the car park there were stacks of them so the normal system of getting them back to the terminal didn’t seem to be working. In our previous experience arriving at Southampton has been trouble free so I don’t know why it wasn’t yesterday.

Our drive up to Cheshire was rather tiring with heavy but mostly moving traffic all of the way. The A34 was the normal frustration of lorries taking a mile or 2 to overtake each other at 0.005 mile an hour faster than the other (why?) holding up all other traffic and then the normally relief of a clear M40 also was also unusually busy. Then 15 minutes stationary on the M6 near Stafford with both carriageways closed, no apparent accident but maybe something on the road.

Anyway back safe and sound with about 6 loads of washing to start tackling. A bonus though is that I seem to of only put on 3lbs on the 31 day cruise!!, I don’t eat loads on cruises nowadays but much more than I would at home plus making good use of the drinks package 🍷🥂, I was surprised because I normally put on at least 2lbs or more week. 3 months to our next cruise on Arcadia from San Francisco to Sydney.

Hope you enjoyed the cruise as much as we did, we were so luck with the weather. We had to wait 45 minutes for our cases after our call to disembark, all our pink 2 cases were allegedly out but ours were not there, there were many others waiting too. About half an hour later some of them started coming off the ship. I assume some must have got blocked in within the hold. It was a bit manic with one or two frayed tempers showing through. We were home for 16:00 so pretty much on schedule. I had put on 2lb although my trousers suggested more and we certainly ate more than usual. Only one load of washing as we have reached the heady heights of elite so most of our washing was done onboard.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, yorkshirephil said:

Hope you enjoyed the cruise as much as we did, we were so luck with the weather. We had to wait 45 minutes for our cases after our call to disembark, all our pink 2 cases were allegedly out but ours were not there, there were many others waiting too. About half an hour later some of them started coming off the ship. I assume some must have got blocked in within the hold. It was a bit manic with one or two frayed tempers showing through. We were home for 16:00 so pretty much on schedule. I had put on 2lb although my trousers suggested more and we certainly ate more than usual. Only one load of washing as we have reached the heady heights of elite so most of our washing was done onboard.

The laundry perk for Elites is the best perk I have come across. My B-i-L keeps telling everyone that I take suitcase full of dirty clothes when I go on cruises :classic_smile:

• Haha 7

Cracking morning here, our one load of cruise washing is out. I went for my covid jab earlier which I only booked online last night. They were doing flu jabs too so I had that and cancelled my existing appointment for next week, great service again at our local jab shop.

After having a quick trawl through more recent posts sorry to those that have lost pets or are feeling a bit ill or down hearted. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Josy1953 said:

The laundry perk for Elites is the best perk I have come across. My B-i-L keeps telling everyone that I take suitcase full of dirty clothes when I go on cruises :classic_smile:

It is a great perk, my white dinner jacket had a couple of stains on it so I took it anyway and got it dry cleaned for nowt, allus a bonus for us Yorkshire fowk. We also enjoyed the elite lounge, nice any relaxing and the snacks were great with lots of shrimp and olives, which is why I put a bit more weight on than usual.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We had flu and covud jabs yesterday at the local pharmacy. The very nice young Lady asked one arm, or 2. I went for the one arm procedure. It hurt a bit, but I didn't cry. No sticker .....again.

Here's a sticker to make up for not getting one after your jabs :classic_smile:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1