P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Sue and others awaiting test results I hope that you get good new soon.

It has poured down overnight but sunny and dry now. However indoor tasks today. 2 of my 3 dachsies are huffy as they were swept up and their fur ripped off (well thats how they see it). Once more they have exited stage left under the sideboard and refuse to come out. I'm not worried the rattle of their dinner bowls will sort that out. Meanwhile the third one, who is a pin wire and doesn't need a trim ever, is smugly sat next to me enjoying the remainder of the huge comfy sofa. If it stays sunny I am planning a trip to Cromer just to walk along the sea front, have a coffee and home.

BUT great news to report my new passport is here. So from post office enhanced application at 1pm Thursday 14.10.2021 it is now in my hand 1.30pm on Wednesday 20.10.21. Excellent service.

Edited by ccpm

Well we got back from our Sky Princess cruise last Friday and I still have not received my PCR test result!

PCR test arrived through the post Saturday lunchtime, too late to catch the last post, did test on Sunday and put in priority post box for Monday collection. My wife got her result this morning as negative and I'm still waiting over 5 days since I disembarked!!

We both did LFT on Saturday morning, which was negative, before we met up with family.

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Our boosters are due November 1st, but our surgery has said they aren't doing them, and we have to wait until the vaccination hub contacts us. 

Avril

If you look for the NHS covid booster jab on Google you can then book online, as long as it is 6 months minimum since your second jab. We have just booked ours for this Saturday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I’m pleased for you

We’re eligible but the gov system tells us to wait to be contacted.

Hope it won’t be too long now.  Bumped into an older neighbour whilst out this afternoon & her even older husband has been done, she knows of someone of ‘in-between age’ who is booked for theirs and she is anticipating the text message soon.  That might mean we’ll get a slot in November. 🤞

Our surgery is not acting as a hub this time.  We have to go to a Pharmacy4U centre which has been set up in a former bookies shop 🙄

1 hour ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Well we got back from our Sky Princess cruise last Friday and I still have not received my PCR test result!

PCR test arrived through the post Saturday lunchtime, too late to catch the last post, did test on Sunday and put in priority post box for Monday collection. My wife got her result this morning as negative and I'm still waiting over 5 days since I disembarked!!

We both did LFT on Saturday morning, which was negative, before we met up with family.

We got back on Friday from Spain. Got the test kits Saturday lunchtime and put them in the priority box for collection 15.30 on Saturday. DW got hers just now. Negative. I'm still waiting for mine. We did LFT's and were both negative. Will I chase them up, or be not bothered?.

Edited by zap99

16 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

If you look for the NHS covid booster jab on Google you can then book online, as long as it is 6 months minimum since your second jab. We have just booked ours for this Saturday.

We were told to wait when we tried to book. Got a text this morning offering dates 6 months after last injection.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

I’m pleased for you

We’re eligible but the gov system tells us to wait to be contacted.

Hope it won’t be too long now.  Bumped into an older neighbour whilst out this afternoon & her even older husband has been done, she knows of someone of ‘in-between age’ who is booked for theirs and she is anticipating the text message soon.  That might mean we’ll get a slot in November. 🤞

Our surgery is not acting as a hub this time.  We have to go to a Pharmacy4U centre which has been set up in a former bookies shop 🙄

Ours are not due for a couple of weeks. We had them done in Superdrug. We went to the shops in Guildford today and Superdrug have the previous Covid area full up with Christmas stuff. Perhaps Specsavers this time.

3 hours ago, davecttr said:

My surgery web site has not mentioned boosters yet but at least there is a walk in centre in Chatham and they are doing boosters. Easier to get to as well, just stay on the bus for another 10 minutes. My booster should be due mid November. Flu jab tomorrow.

I think there's a walk in centre in Gillingham too. My 6 month anniversary is Friday, and my husband's is on 2nd November.  I'm going to allow time for our invites to arrive, but if it seems I'm waiting too long, I will investigate the walk in centres

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We got back on Friday from Spain. Got the test kits Saturday lunchtime and put them in the priority box for collection 15.30 on Saturday. DW got hers just now. Negative. I'm still waiting for mine. We did LFT's and were both negative. Will I chase them up, or be not bothered?.

I won't be bothering it's only 5 more days until 10 days after the cruise, I feel OK and gov advice is only to self isolate if feel unwell or get a positive result (I think!!!)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I won't be bothering it's only 5 more days until 10 days after the cruise, I feel OK and gov advice is only to self isolate if feel unwell or get a positive result (I think!!!)

I think we are ok for tests. We had one unopened pack of 7. In town the NHS were giving out test kits, we thought we should get another one. They gave us 3 packs each. That's a few Christmas presents sorted.🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

I think we are ok for tests. We had one unopened pack of 7. In town the NHS were giving out test kits, we thought we should get another one. They gave us 3 packs each. That's a few Christmas presents sorted.🤣

Wife went into our local chemist who was encouraging people to take them a month ago but yesterday reluctantly gave her a pack of 7. Apparently the system now is to go to gov.uk/get-collect-code or call 119 and then quote it or show proof when going to chemist to collect. Yet another online system to navigate.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Wife went into our local chemist who was encouraging people to take them a month ago but yesterday reluctantly gave her a pack of 7. Apparently the system now is to go to gov.uk/get-collect-code or call 119 and then quote it or show proof when going to chemist to collect. Yet another online system to navigate.

We normally order them online and they arrive in a day or so. Occasionally they give them out in town. I'll put some on eBay.🤣

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Yes, you get a qr code with your email so i took it into Boots. We can't read that she said. We have to fill in this paper form. Don't you just love new technology 🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Were you able to book immediately after the 6 month point, John?  

My wife's currently getting this message:

"When you are eligible to book, you will be contacted by the NHS."

And the 119 service is talking not about 6 months, but six months plus a week before they'll do anything.  Locally, people are being shunted all over the place because there's total confusion about what's going on.  A couple of 90 year olds locally have been told to go into a city pharmacy to get theirs done in the early evening - they're scared stiff.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I think there's a walk in centre in Gillingham too. My 6 month anniversary is Friday, and my husband's is on 2nd November.  I'm going to allow time for our invites to arrive, but if it seems I'm waiting too long, I will investigate the walk in centres

Are the walk-in centres doing boosters?  The website for ours says not, and I've heard they're turning people away. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

We were told to wait when we tried to book. Got a text this morning offering dates 6 months after last injection.

A friend of ours told us this morning that we could book a jab once the second one was 6 months ago, so I did  and 3 hrs later I got an e-mail from NHS asking me to book the booster.

5 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Were you able to book immediately after the 6 month point, John?  

My wife's currently getting this message:

"When you are eligible to book, you will be contacted by the NHS."

And the 119 service is talking not about 6 months, but six months plus a week before they'll do anything.  Locally, people are being shunted all over the place because there's total confusion about what's going on.  A couple of 90 year olds locally have been told to go into a city pharmacy to get theirs done in the early evening - they're scared stiff.

We were already past the 6 months date  and it allowed us to book, even before I received the NHS e-mail.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Are the walk-in centres doing boosters?  The website for ours says not, and I've heard they're turning people away. 

The vaccine hub where I volunteer were not doing walk ins last week for boosters,  they were turned away and told to book through their doctor when contacted but first and second doses were given to walk ins, I assumed that was because it is more important to get the first 2 doses.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

We were already past the 6 months date  and it allowed us to book, even before I received the NHS e-mail.

6 months seems to be the crucial criteria.Friends of ours were invited to the walk in centre at our local library.

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

The vaccine hub where I volunteer were not doing walk ins last week for boosters,  they were turned away and told to book through their doctor when contacted but first and second doses were given to walk ins, I assumed that was because it is more important to get the first 2 doses.

Thanks, Josy - and for the great job you're all doing for us all in volunteering, and continuing to volunteer.

• Like 1

The roll out of jabs to 12 - 15 yo that was announced a month ago seems to be less well organised than the previous age groups. Our granddaughter got a letter last week saying that the vaccine team will be in her school on 18th and 19th November!! But of course they are starting to have a booking systems for half term and beyond now, it just seems more haphazard.