P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, Ardennais said:

I certainly support government efforts - the Uk govt and our devolved administration. Why wouldn’t I? I have elderly parents on one hand and three children in their 20s on the other. I don’t want to see any of them suffering. 

You must have strong arms. All that lamb🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Busy day.  Long long walk, lovely lunch, fruitless quest for lft packs.

Look at those roasties - as good as home cooked.  It was serve yourself, so I was fairly frugal - could have had umpteen other veg, Yorkies etc

B9DE76EA-CAE9-4F16-B99F-4888DA7B18AF.thumb.jpeg.9d8c6635e5c335b2294c9c85eee25e24.jpeg

Look at all those sprouts. Must be getting a bit windy in Dorset.🤣

8 hours ago, brian1 said:

Cheers Andrew,that's the phrase, it was on the tip of my tongue.PS, as a retired "leak detection expert" I would have sussed you needed a replacement or reinserted flush bung.Cheers,Brian.

Are you being rude to me now Brian....?😉😂

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I was so bored I swapped the wrappers around in a tub of Celebrations
The wife's not happy, she got her Snickers in a Twix.

I got a bit bored so looked back on some of the old posts about over promising etc. Some are quite amusing. Same stuff a year later. Folk in the jabbing world will step up and keep us all safe, just as always. Thanks very much to all of the Hero's. To all of the soothsayers I wish you......🤣

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I got a bit bored so looked back on some of the old posts about over promising etc. Some are quite amusing. Same stuff a year later. Folk in the jabbing world will step up and keep us all safe, just as always. Thanks very much to all of the Hero's. To all of the soothsayers I wish you......🤣

I agree, I just got sent the rota for my shifts at the jab centre and they are jabbing everyday except Sat/Sun 24th/25th which would treble the usual numbers, if everyone gets similar then the figures could be met.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I agree, I just got sent the rota for my shifts at the jab centre and they are jabbing everyday except Sat/Sun 24th/25th which would treble the usual numbers, if everyone gets similar then the figures could be met.

Thank you and I wish you a relaxing Christmas. I will raise a glass and thank you all.🍾

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Darling niece just rang with the bad news that her husband woke up feeling really ill this morning so she sent him out for a PCR,  the results have just come back and he is covid positive.  They visited us yesterday and he was fine then.  We have now decided that we will stay at home for the rest of this week just in case.

No nice lunch for me with my friends on Wednesday.  We have done everything we could to avoid this, I can't remember the last time that we let anyone into our house.  We are both triple vaccinated so hopefully we won't  be too ill if we have been infected.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Darling niece just rang with the bad news that her husband woke up feeling really ill this morning so she sent him out for a PCR,  the results have just come back and he is covid positive.  They visited us yesterday and he was fine then.  We have now decided that we will stay at home for the rest of this week just in case.

No nice lunch for me with my friends on Wednesday.  We have done everything we could to avoid this, I can't remember the last time that we let anyone into our house.  We are both triple vaccinated so hopefully we won't  be too ill if we have been infected.

Sorry to hear this Josy, hopefully you will stay negative

Michelle

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I’m so sorry Josy. That is such a shame. I hope he feels better soon.

My neighbour caught Covid two days before her booster. Her husband who was already boostered did not catch it from her. So fingers crossed that you will both be protected.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Fingers and everything else crossed for you. Our Niece got it this morning. She and her husband are teachers, so she has been expecting it.

Josy - fingers crossed you’ll be OK

Did anyone hear the professor from Edinburgh Uni on R4 Today programme on Saturday morning?   I didn’t catch her name or speciality - not Devi Shridar - but she knew her stuff, virology or epidemiology probably.  
Anyway, unless I misheard, she said that this variant is so transmissible that pretty much everyone is destined to get it, unless they live like a total hermit.  
Mr Eddie and I have set about wondering whether we should relax a little.  Our defences are presumably as strong as they are ever likely to be and we will never be this young(!) again.  Better now than later???  Who knows?  Anyway, we’re not going to go out ‘door knob licking’ just yet but will certainly stay alert and keep up with expert opinion on this.

To think, we felt invincible less than one month ago, after our booster and before anyone had heard of omicron.  Funny old life, eh?

• Like 7

I forgot to say my daughter is feeling much better and has been working from home for much of today.  She only tested positive on Saturday.  She had her booster Thursday and initially put her temperature and fatigue down to the jab.  Hard to tell when it started but even at Thursday that’s a pretty short duration

The girls are “fine” in a “not quite right” sort of way 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Josy - fingers crossed you’ll be OK

Did anyone hear the professor from Edinburgh Uni on R4 Today programme on Saturday morning?   I didn’t catch her name or speciality - not Devi Shridar - but she knew her stuff, virology or epidemiology probably.  
Anyway, unless I misheard, she said that this variant is so transmissible that pretty much everyone is destined to get it, unless they live like a total hermit.  
Mr Eddie and I have set about wondering whether we should relax a little.  Our defences are presumably as strong as they are ever likely to be and we will never be this young(!) again.  Better now than later???  Who knows?  Anyway, we’re not going to go out ‘door knob licking’ just yet but will certainly stay alert and keep up with expert opinion on this.

To think, we felt invincible less than one month ago, after our booster and before anyone had heard of omicron.  Funny old life, eh?

I heard that too - and your recollection is very accurate:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0012fbh  @  1:16:14

Professor Eleanor Riley FMedSci,  Professor of Immunology and Infectious Disease,  University of Edinburgh

She knew her subject - and there were some positives in there, too.  Not good, living like a hermit!!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I'm sorry to hear this Josy.

I hope you are okay and your nieces husband has only mild symptoms.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Sorry to hear this. Hopefully you haven't caught it 🤞

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Fingers and everything else crossed for you. Our Niece got it this morning. She and her husband are teachers, so she has been expecting it.

One of my daughters is a teacher and another a teaching assistant who has a compromised immune system, as the cases in her school were rising drastically she asked her GP to sign her off work as she is so worried about catching the virus.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

I believe Covid is rife in schools. Hopefully the Christmas break will help break it. 
Hope your niece only has mild symptoms 

Michelle

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1