P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

Lewis was unlucky on the day, but he has had his share of luck over the season, great year for F1 racing, looking forward to next year

It's not over till the fat person sings.Appeal going on,the race director is too easily led.PS note my PCness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Jane.

Pauline got the Moderna booster jab today.

Previously she had 2 Astrazenaca Jabs.

Graham x

That’s exactly what we had, both of us were fine after our boosters so hopefully Pauline will be too

Michelle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, brian1 said:

It's not over till the fat person sings.Appeal going on,the race director is too easily led.PS note my PCness.

Even if, for whatever reason, only SOME not ALL of the backmarkers unlapped themselves there should have been (according to the regs) another lap of safety car which would have made the last lap a safety car lap not a racing one. Maybe they will null and void the last lap, there would uproar though if that was to happen.

• Like 4

Just now, Peanut006 said:

That’s exactly what we had, both of us were fine after our boosters so hopefully Pauline will be too

Michelle

Thank you Michelle that is good to know and I'm pleased you were both fine.

She had the booster at 1pm and seems okay.

Graham.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Even if, for whatever reason, only SOME not ALL of the backmarkers unlapped themselves there should have been (according to the regs) another lap of safety car which would have made the last lap a safety car lap not a racing one. Maybe they will null and void the last lap, there would uproar though if that was to happen.

Apparently the Race Director can over rule the regs and call the safety car in at his discretion, mmm....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

… and the second granddaughter has now tested positive.  Just Dad to go 😕

Poor things

Thinking of you and your family.My daughter, husband and 2 boys have all just come out of isolation after covid.My daughter and her husband are improving and the boys are looking forward to going back to school tomorrow.My daughter is planning to have her booster as soon as she is allowed because she is worried about catching Omicron.Thank you Josy and Jane for all your hard work at the vaccination clinic. My husband is a volunteer steward at our local clinic and was disappointed to have missed seeing Dan Walker who had his booster there on Wednesday.Just about to watch Strictly.I really want Rose to win

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

They don't have a long wait because they all have appointments unless it is the last hour when it is walk-in but they don't like to find that their booster is Moderna when they have had 2 Pfizer or 2 AZ, they seem to think that we are being obstructive or lying when we say that Moderna is what we have been supplied with.

It worries me that so many people do not watch the news or current affairs programmes or read newspapers. If they did they would have heard all of these comments discussed and analysed, and then be aware of why they are being given a different jab to their first two.  Because the medical opinion is that this will give them a broader level of protection.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Josy, I just cannot understand why anyone would be rude or nasty at a vaccine centre. We have now had all 3 covid jabs and might have been lucky that we had very little waiting for any. Maybe it's because all 3 were timed bookings, but even at a drop in centre I just do not understand why they would be rude.

I think that some people are rude, end of! They were rude as children and are no better as adults. And there are also people who look ‘normal’ but are challenged in many unseen ways. More than you would ever think. No empathy, no social skills etc. Front line workers bear the brunt of it day in, day out. Bad enough when you’re doing a paid job, but even worse for volunteers and nobody would blame them for walking away. 

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I would also like to know where the extra vaccinaters and vaccination volunteers are coming from ?

I can't see them being able to vaccinate such a large group in 16 days from Wednesday to new years eve including Christmas day etc. Hope they prove me wrong.

Many people, like my son coming to us for Xmas, will be visiting relatives and friends over Christmas and will not be in their normal health area. The online system will probably only offer bookings in their normal health area, this was the case for my sons first jab and he had trouble phoning up to arrange offline.

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
  • Like 2

Had my booster jab beginning of November which was  Pfizer after first two being Astrazenica and had not after symptoms with any of them.  Hope Pauline is Ok and everyone else who is due their booster does so without any reaction.

Also those of you who have family with covid that they only have a mild dose and recover quickly.

Take care and stay safe.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Beckett said:

You are mirroring my own experiences Josy. Nothing is right on some days. " It's too hot, it's too cold, I was here before that patient, I don't want that vaccine -haven't you got anything else" - er no, because we're not Tesco's!

I too am going back to hospice work when I retire. I find the hospice work so rewarding - I've worked on Reception, in the kitchen, the laundry, and driven the lorry. I don't care where they put me because I'm needed there. I'm sure you've found the same Josy. Like you, I am sick to the back teeth of the entitled and their rudeness.

My rant is over and your decision is good Josy.  Best wishes. Jane.x 

Some people are terrible. A bit different but when I worked at TSB I got told ‘well NatWest do it this way’ I used to want to say ‘well b***** off to NatWest then!’ 
Then when I worked at Sainsburys I got the same thing said about Tesco! People, eh?!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Hello all, hope all are well I’ve woken up with no voice! 😱 This is gutting as I’m constantly on the phone at work and tomorrow all my team are going in for a team meeting with Secret Santa gifts! I’ll have to pop up with my gift at some point. Annoying I start at 8am and my manager doesn’t start til 10am tomorrow! I’ll have to text her if I wake up the same. I’ve taken a LFT test and it was negative.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Hello all, hope all are well I’ve woken up with no voice! 😱 This is gutting as I’m constantly on the phone at work and tomorrow all my team are going in for a team meeting with Secret Santa gifts! I’ll have to pop up with my gift at some point. Annoying I start at 8am and my manager doesn’t start til 10am tomorrow! I’ll have to text her if I wake up the same. I’ve taken a LFT test and it was negative.

Sorry to hear that you have lost your voice. I hope you feel better soon.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Sorry to hear that you have lost your voice. I hope you feel better soon.

Thank you, I feel ok in myself I do seem to be prone to it if I get a bad cold. I couldn’t even talk to my mum on the phone today!

Edited by P&O SUE

6 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

… and the second granddaughter has now tested positive.  Just Dad to go 😕

Poor things

Oh dear Eddie, I do hope they have only mild symptoms and recover quickly. I honestly can't understand how some people can be so blase about covid and think it's under control and not a problem anymore.🙄

Avril

• Like 5

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

It worries me that so many people do not watch the news or current affairs programmes or read newspapers. If they did they would have heard all of these comments discussed and analysed, and then be aware of why they are being given a different jab to their first two.  Because the medical opinion is that this will give them a broader level of protection.

Whatever the experts decide to stick in my arm is fine with me.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I hope your voice returns tomorrow Sue.

My second job was as a cashier in TSB.

My first job after leaving school was in a travel agency.

Best regards.

Graham.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Britboys said:

Then that should have been the "generously proportioned" person Brian...😉🤫

Cheers Andrew,that's the phrase, it was on the tip of my tongue.PS, as a retired "leak detection expert" I would have sussed you needed a replacement or reinserted flush bung.Cheers,Brian.

Edited by brian1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

The NHS staff have 19 days ( including Christmas Day) to do this. Which means they have to double their rate of jabbing from today, having found out about this at the same time as we did 🤔

Quite. And it’s even worse than that - the instructions haven’t, as I write this, yet been issued to practitioners.

Jane, please correct me if I’m wrong on that.

• Like 1