P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

10 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We watched it earlier, I wouldn't call it great but didn't hate it either, another so so low budget film. We did watch Die Hard yesterday, now that is a great film.

Actually, the budget was $90m, so not that low budget !

Following on from John's comment, I would award the film three bottles of Malbec.

8 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

We watched it earlier, I wouldn't call it great but didn't hate it either, another so so low budget film. We did watch Die Hard yesterday, now that is a great film.

What one?There were about 20 of them,lol.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Hello all. Thank you @kalosfor missing me! It’s been so long I don’t know what to say! Just thought I’d show my face, my parents are doing ok but still quite a worry. 
Im changing my day off next week from Wednesdays to Tuesdays as DiL has changed her job and it fits better for my Nanny duties. So I’ll be confused next week!

Hope everyone is well.

Hello Sue

Good to hear from you, you were missed! 😊

• Like 6

No Decking repairs today, message from Carpenter, he has gone down with Covid, caught from his 2 children who caught it at school, children fine but he feels awful as does his wife. Out of one class of 25 16 are off with it, this a primary school.

Guess the barricade of the unstable part remains until new year.

Will hopefully hear whether our new front and back doors have arrived today, last delay due to supply issues of door furniture. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Well that would certainly cloud my judgement.😇

When your judgement becomes cloudy ,you could clear it with a nice-ish bottle of 

Sparkling Muscatel as drank by the movie stars of the late 1970's :classic_smile:

In the film below we see how it should be served by a Mr Steve Martin :classic_love:

The wine is such a versatile number and can be used as WD40 and comes 

in handy when giving out ratings to cowboy movies :classic_unsure:

Have a nice day everyone and keep safe :classic_love:

• Like 4

16 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Hello all. Thank you @kalosfor missing me! It’s been so long I don’t know what to say! Just thought I’d show my face, my parents are doing ok but still quite a worry. 
Im changing my day off next week from Wednesdays to Tuesdays as DiL has changed her job and it fits better for my Nanny duties. So I’ll be confused next week!

Hope everyone is well.

Good morning Sue. It's good to hear from you and that you're okay. I'm  pleased your parents are doing well, but I understand how worrying it can be  for you. I had a long time looking after my parents on my own, first Dad and then later on Mum, but they are our parents and we love them, so that's what we gladly do. 

You seem to have a very busy schedule at the moment, but please find a little time for yourself to de-stress and unwind, it's important that you look after yourself too. 

Take care Sue. x

Avril

• Like 10

Good to hear from you Sue.  Pleased that things are ok but you must remember to take care of yourself among all the family things.  

It’s the most beautiful bright sunny day here, though there is a wicked little NW wind.  Lovely in sheltered spots.  It’s one of my favourite days of the year - the afternoons stop getting shorter!  One week of 4.06pm sunsets and then, joy of joys, an extra minute of afternoon light from 16th, shortest day on 21st and then it’s downhill all the way to Christmas.

I wonder what the new year will bring?  Probably best not to think too deeply about it just yet

Back to westerns.  Have you seen the new one with Tom Hanks - News of the World?  It’s very good.  I think it came out towards the end of last year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Good to hear from you Sue.  Pleased that things are ok but you must remember to take care of yourself among all the family things.  

It’s the most beautiful bright sunny day here, though there is a wicked little NW wind.  Lovely in sheltered spots.  It’s one of my favourite days of the year - the afternoons stop getting shorter!  One week of 4.06pm sunsets and then, joy of joys, an extra minute of afternoon light from 16th, shortest day on 21st and then it’s downhill all the way to Christmas.

I wonder what the new year will bring?  Probably best not to think too deeply about it just yet

Back to westerns.  Have you seen the new one with Tom Hanks - News of the World?  It’s very good.  I think it came out towards the end of last year.

Does he do a good ossie accent playing Rupert Murdoch.

• Haha 1

Well we've had heavy rain on and off all day today down here in Devon.  On another topic, I am getting daily emails from P&O offering me cruises.  Are you all getting these?  Don't think I'm cruising any time soon!

for those that know me, suddenly walking much better after my hip replacement after I fractured it.  Swimming has been the key.  Once a week.  Still get pain, but they think it's from my back.  Just had an MRI.

Good friend arriving tomorrow from London (Britboys it's Shirley) so looking forward to that.

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Well we've had heavy rain on and off all day today down here in Devon.  On another topic, I am getting daily emails from P&O offering me cruises.  Are you all getting these?  Don't think I'm cruising any time soon!

for those that know me, suddenly walking much better after my hip replacement after I fractured it.  Swimming has been the key.  Once a week.  Still get pain, but they think it's from my back.  Just had an MRI.

Good friend arriving tomorrow from London (Britboys it's Shirley) so looking forward to that.

We have had a dry but very windy down here in Cornwall.

I am not getting e-mails from P&O except those linked to my booking with them for our cruise in January.

Glad to hear that your hip is on the mend.

Have a good time with your friend and hope she has an uneventful journey down.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Thats great news Jean that your hip is a lot better.

One of my Aunt's goes swimming every day and it really helps her after her hip replacement.

Graham.

30 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Do pass on my warmest regards to the lovely Shirley. Glad the hip is better. I know my genetics pre-dispose me to arthritis and I try to swim three times a week when I am at home.

11 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

No Decking repairs today, message from Carpenter, he has gone down with Covid, caught from his 2 children who caught it at school, children fine but he feels awful as does his wife. Out of one class of 25 16 are off with it, this a primary school.

Guess the barricade of the unstable part remains until new year.

Will hopefully hear whether our new front and back doors have arrived today, last delay due to supply issues of door furniture. 

Doors arrived at last, being fitted Tuesday, been a long wait since mid September, but hopefully hall will be warmer afterwards, it’s the coldest part of the house with front door facing north, the composite door has better thermal properties than the current 25 year old upvc door. 

3 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Good news about your hip Jean.  Swimming is a very good thing, isn’t it - shame I hate it!  All that coldness and wetness.

As I said it’s been clear and bright here all day.  Look at that sky as darkness fell

C52C61D9-211E-48F2-8868-0468C0725C3B.thumb.jpeg.b59b08e20f130acdabc82737e683be93.jpeg

Looks as though you're in for a frosty night.

Avril

Tonight's film review:

"The Unforgivable" staring Sandra Bullock ( great actress ) based on " Unforgiven" by Sally Wainwright .

The problem is, that with Sally W. you can guess the plot twist after 5 minutes, but it was a pleasant way to pass an evening.

One bottle of Cote du Rhone for my review. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Tonight's film review:

"The Unforgivable" staring Sandra Bullock ( great actress ) based on " Unforgiven" by Sally Wainwright .

The problem is, that with Sally W. you can guess the plot twist after 5 minutes, but it was a pleasant way to pass an evening.

One bottle of Cote du Rhone for my review. 

Wowzz, maybe if you had drunk 2 or 3 bottles it would have taken you longer to solve the plot? 🤣

• Haha 3