P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

The weather here today is horrendous. Luckily no snow, but very heavy rain, strong winds and freezing cold, -1c.  Still waiting patiently for my 1pm Asda delivery😕so I've been busy wrapping some presents. Ithink I'll try and contact Asda to see what the holdup is.

Stay safe everyone.

Avril

• Like 1

It’s a lovely calm, sunny afternoon here now 🙄 Crazy weather.  It was awful driving for our lunch meet, mainly due to spray on the roads.  Good thing the traffic was light.  I suppose we’ve got an hour now before we shut the curtains.  British winter, eh?

• Like 1

Today is officially  the worst day that I have had for a long time.  I had to go out in foul weather this morning to deliver a gift and I got home to a message from my niece asking me to call her.  She had been to the hospital to get the results of a biopsy that she had last week and was told that her cancer has returned, she is now booked in for a mastectomy next Tuesday.  She had been hoping to go back to work after Christmas but that is obviously out of the question now so she has been to see the chief nurse to let her know that she won't be back on duty as planned in January.

It looks like we will be back on school run duties next week for a while.

15 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Today is officially  the worst day that I have had for a long time.  I had to go out in foul weather this morning to deliver a gift and I got home to a message from my niece asking me to call her.  She had been to the hospital to get the results of a biopsy that she had last week and was told that her cancer has returned, she is now booked in for a mastectomy next Tuesday.  She had been hoping to go back to work after Christmas but that is obviously out of the question now so she has been to see the chief nurse to let her know that she won't be back on duty as planned in January.

Sorry to hear this Josy. They are acting quickly so that is good news and hopefully a successful  outcome for your niece 
Michelle

• Like 6

Josy, I’m sorry to hear your family bad news.  Your niece will have a difficult time ahead but she has every chance of coming out the other side well and disease free.  Today’s treatments and success rates are amazing.

Lucky for her that she has good family to support her and help with practicalities.

Horrible time of year to get that news too.  Pah!  Sometimes you feel the fates are queuing up to throw troubles at you.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Oh Josy, I’m so sorry to hear that news. Your niece must be distraught.

Sending you a virtual hug.

Gill x

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Sorry to hear this Josy. They are acting quickly so that is good news and hopefully a successful  outcome for your niece 
Michelle

Thank you.  We are trying to be positive but we knew that the type of cancer that she had last year was one that has a strong chance of recurring because it is a "Triple Negative Cancer"  which is the same type that my sister had and eventually passed away with almost 3 years.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Thank you.  We are trying to be positive but we knew that the type of cancer that she had last year was one that has a strong chance of recurring because it is a "Triple Negative Cancer"  which is the same type that my sister had and eventually passed away with almost 3 years.

Oh dear, that’s horrible news for your niece and family. Hope that the op and treatment do their job. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

So sorry to hear about your niece. Hope all goes well for her upcoming operation and a successful result. Best wishes to you all.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I'm so sorry Josy, that's awful news. Fortunately they aren't dithering about and are dealing with it immediately, and she also has a strong family support system around her.

Avril

• Like 3

How awful for you all. All you can do is to stay strong for her.

• Like 4

Not good. I’m so sorry to hear that but good at least that the surgery is booked in relatively quickly.

Look after yourself as well as your niece

• Like 6

Such awful news for your neice Josy. I'm so sorry. Thank goodness it's a quick admission for her. Thinking of you all. Jane.x 

• Like 5

Prayers 🙏 for your niece for next Tuesday.

I'm so sorry to hear her news but hopefully they have caught it early and her op will get rid of any cancer.

Graham.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Praying for you all Josy. 

Andy & Michelle x

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

What dreadful news. We can only hope and pray that the the surgery is successful and that life gets back to normal in the new year. Sometimes, life seems so completely unfair.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Oh no, I’m so sorry to read that Josy! Thinking of you all x

• Like 4

Afternoon all.

A nice sunny although windy day here. Been out to meet up with a friend for coffee and a chat and am surprised how empty the roads are 😲.

I also learnt this morning that my eldest grandaughter has tested positive for covid so is now self-isolating along with the rest of her housemates.  

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Just heard  on the news that further protocol changes could be "imminent"

We are supposed to be off cruising on Monday.  I wont bother to pack just yet then!!!!

Not likely to affect cruising as such. More WFH, more masks and possibly covid passports. 

I reckon you can start packing ! 

There was a doctor on the telly this morning saying about immune suppressed people getting a 4th jab.Making the present booster a 3rd normal jab and the 4th the booster.Clear as mud to me but if it helps so be it.

Elder granddaughter has tested +ve for Covid.  Only symptom is a mild sore throat.  Hopefully that’s all she’ll get.  I wonder about the rest of the house though ... and the effect on their Xmas plans.  Ho hum

Walked with the group this morning and then enjoyed Xmas lunch (with crackers) with them.  Everyone did their lft this morning, so hopefully no repercussions of the viral kind.  We we’re fairly abstemious, so I don’t think there will be repercussions of the headachey kind either

• Like 1

2 hours ago, purplesea said:

Afternoon all.

A nice sunny although windy day here. Been out to meet up with a friend for coffee and a chat and am surprised how empty the roads are 😲.

I also learnt this morning that my eldest grandaughter has tested positive for covid so is now self-isolating along with the rest of her housemates.  

Sorry to hear your eldest granddaughter has Covid.

Hopefully it is just mild.

Take care.

• Like 1