P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

18 minutes ago, kalos said:

Enjoy your drink but If you had a choice between drinking wine or being skinny what would

you choose? ....Red or white? :classic_unsure:

Mrs Kalos is home from the Hozzie with her meds and a anti clot vaccine they have trained 

her to do for the next 10 days . When I logged into here I went a few pages back and let her 

read the comments and she would like to thank all of you who wished  her well ,it really 

was kind of you all, it was nice reading them .:classic_love: I'm pleased to have her home and a very

big thank you for your support guys.:classic_smile::classic_love: Take care and stay safe everyone:classic_smile:

That is fantastic news Mrs Kalos is home Kalos.

Wishing you both All the Best.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Enjoy your drink but If you had a choice between drinking wine or being skinny what would

Mrs Kalos is home from the Hozzie with her meds and a anti clot vaccine they have trained 

her to do for the next 10 days . When I logged into here I went a few pages back and let her 

read the comments and she would like to thank all of you who wished  her well ,it really 

was kind of you all, it was nice reading them .:classic_love: I'm pleased to have her home and a very

big thank you for your support guys.:classic_smile::classic_love: Take care and stay safe everyone:classic_smile:

So pleased that Mrs K is home with you kalos. The op obviously went well for her to be home so soon. Now you just need to dust off your cap, apron and running shoes, and find Mrs K the largest and loudest bell you can🔔😁

Take care both of you x

Avril

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

So pleased that Mrs K is home with you kalos. The op obviously went well for her to be home so soon. Now you just need to dust off your cap, apron and running shoes, and find Mrs K the largest and loudest bell you can🔔😁

Take care both of you x

Avril

Mrs K should be having a rest. Let Kalos ring the bell himself.,🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kalos said:

That's great news Kalos. Mrs K is now in the best place to recuperate and it's remarkable that she is home so quickly. Mrs KaLos,  I wish you all the very best for the next stage of your recovery. Take good care both of you. Jane.x 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, zap99 said:

Mrs K should be having a rest. Let Kalos ring the bell himself.,🤣

I could probably send over the campanologists from our church to help out, I'm sure they'd be grateful for the extra practice.🔔🔔

Not sure kalos would be though😁

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Well I'm at a bit of a loose end this morning. Anyone else awake, or am I the only one at this ungodly hour?

Avril

I’m awake Avril. Dog seems to think breakfast is served at 0530.

Can hear the wind outside and hoping those poor people without power (which is a disgrace) are managing to keep warm.

Gill x

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Angel57 said:

I’m awake Avril. Dog seems to think breakfast is served at 0530.

Can hear the wind outside and hoping those poor people without power (which is a disgrace) are managing to keep warm.

Gill x

Morning Gill. I've been awake since 2.15am and got up about 3.30am. I saw on the news that they have to repair some electricity pylons that were damaged in the storm, which is why it's taking so long, still not good though with more snow forecast for the North. It was very windy earlier on here this morning, but seems to have calmed  a little now. 

Avril

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Well I'm at a bit of a loose end this morning. Anyone else awake, or am I the only one at this ungodly hour?

Avril

I'm awake too - since about 5am but I've only just logged on. It's blowing a hooley down here this morning with sideways rain. If it carries on I feel a TV and chocolate day coming on. Jane.x 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, LynnForestgate said:

I too am wide awake, and have lit a fire, and enjoying some tea and toast. Very cold here.

Nice to know you have a real fire Lynn, they're becoming rare now. We love ours, they're so cosy. My grandaughter used to call me the granny with the bonfire in the front room. 

Avril

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Beckett said:

I'm awake too - since about 5am but I've only just logged on. It's blowing a hooley down here this morning with sideways rain. If it carries on I feel a TV and chocolate day coming on. Jane.x 

Don't you find it strange that the early birds are all women.

Avril

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Nice to know you have a real fire Lynn, they're becoming rare now. We love ours, they're so cosy. My grandaughter used to call me the granny with the bonfire in the front room. 

Avril

I agree Avril. I love real fires although it's many years since I've had one. Lynn's post sounded really cosy. I saw on the TV yesterday a report from a community centre (with a generator) in the far north. Volunteers had set up a kitchen with hot food for those poor souls still without heat and light. There always seems to be kindness when there's a need. Jane.x 

• Like 5

It is a real shame for the folks up past Aberdeen who have not had power for over a week now. For many this means no water either as they are not on mains water and use electric pumps to raise water and to filter it through UV light.

As you say there is real kindness. Apparently one of the travelling fairs has taken their generators used for the rides to areas in most need. Neighbours who have gas, an aga or wood stove have been cooking for others and in some cases housing elderly neighbours with no heat in their homes.

One chap is so fed up with the constant power disruptions that he buying a wind turbine for his garden. 

Cold here again today, light frost is making the world look white.  There is also the most amazing sunrise just starting to come up, blues and purples this morning.

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Woke up at 6.20 this morning, it is normally 3 to 4 am so very happy and dozed until 7 when the central heating switched on 😁

• Like 2

I've been up a long time too, but been trying to sort out car insurance, which is due beginning of next month😕

Still windy down here, but has eased a bit. Forecast is also for sun with a temp of 9oC, but will have to wait and see as it still looks as though it will rain.

Have a good day all and stay safe.

• Like 2

As it is cold wet and windy here we decided to go  t'Asda, I needed fuel for our trip out tomorrow, robbing swines are 2p/L more than the garage at the bottom of our road, on the upside they are doing some wines at 25% off for six bottles and Jam shed is on the offer so that is Christmas sorted. Have a good day peeps and come on Lewis.

• Like 3

Morning all hope you are all well today :classic_smile:

I find it funny how when you want to sleep you can't and if you have to be up 

early for any reason you seem to want to sleep :classic_unsure:

I'm usually so good at sleeping I can do it with my eyes closed.
The worst one is when you are tired but need to stay awake ,I once watched a

documentary on how to stay awake... That was a real eye-opener.:classic_wink:

I hope  @SarahHben back is feeling better today if not drink plenty of fluids 

as the doctor would say .The good news is they never tell you what sort of drink 

do they ? :classic_smile:     I also  hope  @P&O SUE  is doing ok  and all is well looking after

her parents . Have a good Sunday everyone and take care and stay safe :classic_love:

• Like 12

17 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

. Have a good day peeps and come on Lewis.

😁. So sad that Max was on the lap of a lifetime. So fast . In fact so fast that he hit the wall for going..............so fast. His Dad looked.......🤣🤣. Come on Lewis, Lando and Woking.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

As it is cold wet and windy here we decided to go  t'Asda, I needed fuel for our trip out tomorrow, robbing swines are 2p/L more than the garage at the bottom of our road, on the upside they are doing some wines at 25% off for six bottles and Jam shed is on the offer so that is Christmas sorted. Have a good day peeps and come on Lewis.

Mmmm, like Jam shed and 19 Crimes

Michelle

Good day everyone I’m amazed I had a sleep in till 7.30 , 😱 the other night I was awake till 4.30 before I started to fall asleep only to wake up again at 6.30 , but I’m someone who needs little sleep and can get by on 2 hours a night but it’s not good for my wee brain 😉 anyway husband been in term oils today trying to see what we need for a holiday next week of to fuerteventura for 3 weeks and now trying to order pcr test to take on return and emailing companies from government site at the moment it’s £19 ,can get cheaper ones but don’t trust them , we will also have to take a pcr test two days before returning to uk also , so 2 test in four days sounds a bit money making to me , but I’ll suppose better to be safe than spread 🦠 sister in-law has told me the pcr test in town is €20 and you just que up for it no appointment needed so that’s not to bad but they have moved to level 3 now , unfortunately my son and partner will not be able to come with us now because they are not vaccinated, the amount of times I asked him to get it done but he has his views and it’s his decision I can’t keep nagging him , but hayho he’s lost his holiday now . Have a good day everyone and stay in the warmth.

• Like 4