P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

30 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Hi Graham.  My Quote button isn't working again so I'm contacting you this way.  I'm so sorry, I thought you were having a GA.  If it's a local then you should be fine - apart from potential soreness around the wound.  Ignore all previous warnings about dancing and go for it!  Best wishes.  Jane xx  

Thank you Jane.

This is the offending BCC after the first consultant roughed it up a bit.

Pauline took the second photo a few days ago.

The second consultant at the hospital on November 17th mentioned a skin graft.

Graham xx.

IMG_20211022_094515.jpg

IMG-20211126-WA0000.jpg

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Sussed it now I think.Some are OK as you said.Delete the upside down ones and start over, rotating on the download.I might prefer to leave sis standing on her head.Brian.

Nothing unusual there bro. I never know from one minute to the next whether I'm on my @$$ or my elbow🙃😁

Sis

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hi all,

Just been having a catch up on the posts.

Took Mum out to Tesco's this morning, in the drizzle and stopped for lunch. Get home and it's cleared up and even had some blue sky and sun - typical!  Trying to push Mum around Tesco's in her wheelchair with a shopping trolley attached with Christmas merchandise in all the aisles took twice as long.

Hope everyone is having a day.

• Like 2

Well carpenter came today, new gates on, although still waiting for new drop down bolt to arrive, old one fitted as a temporary measure to stop one gate swinging open.

New architrave work unable to be done as no wooden architrave in stock, only MDF which is no good as we want to stain it not paint it.

Took decking up to repair broken joist only to find not only that joist is rotten, but also 2 other joists as well plus the cross member they are attached to. A larger job than expected plus we might need new decking boards in the area as some of the screws wouldn’t come out. He told us not to stand on that end of the decking as we may fall through if board steps as no support beneath. Gone away to requote for week and see if the relevant materials are available at any of his suppliers, he did check with one whilst here, no stock and they are a big timber supplier.

Area of decking now blocked off using patio storage box. Fortunately it’s winter and we won’t be using decking. 

Up at 2 this morning to disconnect smoke alarm after beeping noise due to back up battery issue, unplugged unit from mains as didn’t have spare battery, disturbed a fix in the garden when I went to get steps from shed, not sure who was more spooked, me or the fox. New battery purchased this morning all back up and running, was going to change battery in the other one, but we could only get 1 9v battery, despite trying 3 stores. 

• Like 1

Collected PCR test kits for next weeks cruise from Lakeside, Essex side of the Dartford Crossing.  So straightforward I treated myself to McDs whilst there.  Did my PLF last night.  The Ole Lady got stuck with hers so I'll be sorting that out later today.  Already printed off some of our docs, but haven't started packing yet.  Still waiting on Dolphin Hotel to get back to us regarding what they are doing about our booking this weekend, now that they are closed to the public.  We've a cancellable back up in place, in case they either don't get back to us or the alternative offered isn't to our liking.  A last minute decision by The Ole Lady to want to drive to Southampton rather than get the train.... more cruise admin.  Just hope it actually goes!

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Collected PCR test kits for next weeks cruise from Lakeside, Essex side of the Dartford Crossing.  So straightforward I treated myself to McDs whilst there.  Did my PLF last night.  The Ole Lady got stuck with hers so I'll be sorting that out later today.  Already printed off some of our docs, but haven't started packing yet.  Still waiting on Dolphin Hotel to get back to us regarding what they are doing about our booking this weekend, now that they are closed to the public.  We've a cancellable back up in place, in case they either don't get back to us or the alternative offered isn't to our liking.  A last minute decision by The Ole Lady to want to drive to Southampton rather than get the train.... more cruise admin.  Just hope it actually goes!

Have a great cruise. Once onboard the faff needed to get there seems like trivia.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I hope everything works out for you.

I hope you have a fantastic cruise.

Graham.

• Like 5

Absolutely marvellous!

currently on runaway beach in Antigua . B126 cruise .  Ship only half full… no fighting for the theatre, sun beds on sea days no waiting for a table in the restaurant either. great staff great food great time! Just perfect Nothing to complain about except we are heading gone in 3 days! 

• Like 14

Good to hear

I hope everyone who has gone/has to go through so much additional faff gets the break they deserve, with absolutely no nasty surprises

Have been to my book club for the first time since you-know-what this afternoon.  Really enjoyable

Hospital phoned with my consultant appointment, which is next Monday morning - pretty good service, eh?

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Good to hear

I hope everyone who has gone/has to go through so much additional faff gets the break they deserve, with absolutely no nasty surprises

Have been to my book club for the first time since you-know-what this afternoon.  Really enjoyable

Hospital phoned with my consultant appointment, which is next Monday morning - pretty good service, eh?

We have found all the faff to be worthwhile. Flu jab today. That's 3 you know what jabs and a flu jab. Got back and phoned the doctor to get my routine blood tests done. I wonder if they can use one of the existing holes?.🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Jane.

This is the offending BCC after the first consultant roughed it up a bit.

Pauline took the second photo a few days ago.

The second consultant at the hospital on November 17th mentioned a skin graft.

Graham xx.

IMG_20211022_094515.jpg

IMG-20211126-WA0000.jpg

Let's hope it's not that deep Graham. It needs to go, and skin graft or not, they'll do their best job for you. Jane.xx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Well carpenter came today, new gates on, although still waiting for new drop down bolt to arrive, old one fitted as a temporary measure to stop one gate swinging open.

New architrave work unable to be done as no wooden architrave in stock, only MDF which is no good as we want to stain it not paint it.

Took decking up to repair broken joist only to find not only that joist is rotten, but also 2 other joists as well plus the cross member they are attached to. A larger job than expected plus we might need new decking boards in the area as some of the screws wouldn’t come out. He told us not to stand on that end of the decking as we may fall through if board steps as no support beneath. Gone away to requote for week and see if the relevant materials are available at any of his suppliers, he did check with one whilst here, no stock and they are a big timber supplier.

Area of decking now blocked off using patio storage box. Fortunately it’s winter and we won’t be using decking. 

Up at 2 this morning to disconnect smoke alarm after beeping noise due to back up battery issue, unplugged unit from mains as didn’t have spare battery, disturbed a fix in the garden when I went to get steps from shed, not sure who was more spooked, me or the fox. New battery purchased this morning all back up and running, was going to change battery in the other one, but we could only get 1 9v battery, despite trying 3 stores. 

You don't seem to be having much luck at the moment.

Do you remember those heady days when if you needed a job doing and it would take about 7 to10 days from estimate to completion.

Avril

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Do you remember those heady days when if you needed a job doing and it would take about 7 to10 days from estimate to completion.

Avril

When it comes to building tradesmen, I have never known the heady days you describe Avril.  They generally say they can do it in a couple of weeks to get your business, then manage to find excuse after excuse as to why they have to delay, ending up taking 3 or 4 months in the end.

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

Let's hope it's not that deep Graham. It needs to go, and skin graft or not, they'll do their best job for you. Jane.xx

Skin graft not always needed.  My surgery looks pretty awful,  but after three months there was virtually nothing to see.

IMG_0872~2.JPG

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Carpenter said today he can quote for job today for next month, by the time that comes prices of items have risen by anything up to 25%.. Not just me neighbour is still waiting for made to measure fencing panels ordered at beginning of August. 

december-the-name-of-the-month-vector-1452788.jpg.75aea84df9e70d13248494d1522baa24.jpg

Good morning everyone hope everyone is doing ok :classic_smile:

Our Morrisons delivery has just arrived and I'm pleased to see the "salt and shake" crisp 

that I get to avoid the salt are finally back in stock . Shortages I have read about are 

funfairs have a shortage of ghost trains , people are running out of them .:classic_wink:

Also it's getting harder to buy Advent calendars their days are numbered if you ask me :classic_unsure:

Reading the papers and  looking at the press photo's in the newspaper  I see Chin masks

are once again mandatory, suppose it keeps them warm .:classic_wacko: I hope Snow Hill gets the gates 

finished soon but as any of the Carpenters would tell you  🎶We've only just begun 🎶 ..

I'm sure the gates will look fab when they are finished :classic_smile: I must remember to get the

Christmas cards written out and posted sometime Today. I surprised our postman last week

by opening the door completely naked......
I’m not sure what surprised him most: my nudity, or the fact that I know where he lives.:classic_wink:

Well I hope you all keep smiling and stay safe ,take care everyone :classic_love::classic_biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Haha 11