P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

51 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Only tried Jam Shed once and it was far too fruity for me - almost like liquid jam....

My thoughts as well. Bought a case of 6 on a 25% offer - we now drink it as our third bottle  of  a night.  Tastes OK , but we don't really care by then! 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, wowzz said:

My thoughts as well. Bought a case of 6 on a 25% offer - we now drink it as our third bottle  of  a night.  Tastes OK , but we don't really care by then! 

I accidentally bought a laughing llama Chilean cabernet sauvignon, not realising it was a Sainsbury own brand. I won't make the same mistake again.

34 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I accidentally bought a laughing llama Chilean cabernet sauvignon, not realising it was a Sainsbury own brand. I won't make the same mistake again.

For £4.50, what do you expect !😀

8 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

He is exceptionally talented, but certainly does not like to lose. Fingers crossed for a Lewis win next Sunday.

EDAM better not run Lewis off the track next week,cos he'd have to GOUDA town.

• Haha 4

58 minutes ago, brian1 said:

HOW MUCH!!3bottles of Echo Falls for a tenner in Iceland.You can tell I'm a connersewer.

As an expert, can you help me ?. Cleaning out the garage we found a litre of Blue Nun that somebody gave us at a party about 25 years ago. Questions are.

1. Will it still be ok?.

2. Should we keep it til it matures.?

3. Should we take it to SIL Boxing day?.

Thanks in anticipation.

Edited by zap99
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, zap99 said:

As an expert, can you help me ?. Cleaning out the garage we found a litre of Blue Nun that somebody gave us at a party about 25 years ago. Questions are.

1. Will it still be ok?.

2. Should be keep it til it matures.?

Thanks in anticipation.

1. Was it ever OK?
2. Keep it unopened for much, much longer. An expert told me it has a maturation time   of 150 years. 

3. Only if you have some control over personal supply so there is absolutely no chance of any of it coming your way.

Put it back in the garage and try to forget you ever found it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, zap99 said:

1. Will it still be ok?.

2. Should be keep it til it matures.?

Thanks in anticipation.

I'd wrap it up and send it to Wowzz for Xmas.Or keep it for another 10 years and auction it at Sotherbys.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, zap99 said:

1. Will it still be ok?.

Thanks in anticipation.

4. Do you have paint that needs stripping ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, zap99 said:

1. Will it still be ok?.

Thanks in anticipation.

Number 3.

Then run like hell😁

Unless you have some drains that need cleaning, if so, keep it.

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Hello all on this cold, wet an miserable morning.

Well after Saturday's sleepless night, I went to bed last night at 10.30pm and never stirred until 8.15 this morning. I don't know if I was sleeping, or unconcious but I feel much better this morning.

Seriously, what is a 'wine connoisseur'? We all have different tastes when it comes to wine,  and know what we like, so what makes one pretentious person's taste different to ours? I mean come on, what's all this rubbish about 'freshly mown grass and undertones of moss' or 'wet stones and slate'?🙄 

My friend's DIL contacted me yesterday to say that she was feeling very low and depressed at the moment, so has arreanged to pick me up and take me through for a visit, LFT being fine🤞, on 20th December. We haven't see each other in person for almost 2 years, so it will be a very happy but emotional day. I'm so looking forward to it.

I hope Mrs K is still improving and kalos is not too exhausted😉

Whatever you're up to today, either out and about or like me, staying cosy and warm indoors, have fun, stay safe and take care. x

Avril.

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Hello all on this cold, wet an miserable morning.

Well after Saturday's sleepless night, I went to bed last night at 10.30pm and never stirred until 8.15 this morning. I don't know if I was sleeping, or unconcious but I feel much better this morning.

Seriously, what is a 'wine connoisseur'? We all have different tastes when it comes to wine,  and know what we like, so what makes one pretentious person's taste different to ours? I mean come on, what's all this rubbish about 'freshly mown grass and undertones of moss' or 'wet stones and slate'?🙄 

My friend's DIL contacted me yesterday to say that she was feeling very low and depressed at the moment, so has arreanged to pick me up and take me through for a visit, LFT being fine🤞, on 20th December. We haven't see each other in person for almost 2 years, so it will be a very happy but emotional day. I'm so looking forward to it.

I hope Mrs K is still improving and kalos is not too exhausted😉

Whatever you're up to today, either out and about or like me, staying cosy and warm indoors, have fun, stay safe and take care. x

Avril.

Reminds me of a Which wine tasting or i think it was Which. They gathered wine experts and conducted a blind test. Apparently the 'experts' could not even tell the difference between red and white wine if they could not see it or the bottle it came out of.

Or the tale told by the wine man on Ventura. He took a very expensive bottle of 'fizz' home and on a special occasion he and his wife drank it. Did you enjoy it? he asked. OK she said but i prefer Asti Spewmanti. 😁

Ask a Frenchman what is the best glass to drink wine out of. Answer - one with the hole in the top and not the bottom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

21 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Ask a Frenchman what is the best glass to drink wine out of. Answer - one with the hole in the top and not the bottom.

They say the secret to wine tasting is to "open the bottle and allowing it to breathe".

If it doesn't look like it is breathing, then give it a mouth-to-mouth:classic_wink:

It's a cool one here today the temperature has moved from 2.c to a chilly 3.c and very 

wet and miserable day .

Stay safe /warm and take care everyone 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Awful day here too. Just driven up Blackpool Promenade to get to Sainsbury’s, the sea is really rough.

Going to decorate the Christmas tree this afternoon and maybe wrap some presents.

Hope you are all safe and well in the run up to Christmas.

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 6