P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I hope Mrs K is still improving and kalos is not too exhausted😉

32 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I hope Mrs Kalos @kalos is recovering well and you have a nice day out Avril with your friends DIL.

@Adawn47Graham.

Mrs K is doing really well but gets tired easily which being early days is understandable.

Dr Kalos has prescribed a little more rest and sent her off to bed for an afternoon nap.

Slowly but surely she will get there .:classic_smile:

• Like 9

That’s good news kalos.  Make sure you take care of you too.  Why don’t you have a nice sit down and maybe close your eyes for a few minutes?

Awful day here too.  Very very wet, with occasional teasing patches of lovely sunshine.  Don’t believe it; don’t go out - it’ll darken and bucket down in an instant.

Saw the consultant about my skin lesion.  All very efficient- I was in and out before my actual appointment time.  A nine o clock appointment on a Monday is a good thing 🙂.  They’re going to excise it under local anaesthetic, appointment tba but “in a few weeks.  So, Graham, I’ll be interested to hear how yours goes, but not too gory please 🙂

It’s my daughter’s birthday today.  Can’t believe how old she is … Ho hum.  She’s really busy as there are a lot of Covid absences at her office.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, kalos said:

Mrs K is doing really well but gets tired easily which being early days is understandable.

Dr Kalos has prescribed a little more rest and sent her off to bed for an afternoon nap.

She will Kalos, and by the time you go on your cruise she'll be dancing again. My daughter was only 41 when she had her op and it took her a while before she was back to normal. As with everything when we age, it just takes a little more time.

Avril

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/5/2021 at 11:26 AM, kalos said:

Morning all hope you are all well today :classic_smile:

I find it funny how when you want to sleep you can't and if you have to be up 

early for any reason you seem to want to sleep :classic_unsure:

I'm usually so good at sleeping I can do it with my eyes closed.
The worst one is when you are tired but need to stay awake ,I once watched a

documentary on how to stay awake... That was a real eye-opener.:classic_wink:

I hope  @SarahHben back is feeling better today if not drink plenty of fluids 

as the doctor would say .The good news is they never tell you what sort of drink 

do they ? :classic_smile:     I also  hope  @P&O SUE  is doing ok  and all is well looking after

her parents . Have a good Sunday everyone and take care and stay safe :classic_love:

Thanks Kalos, my back is a little better today thank you. I had a miserable day with it yesterday. A bad back and a lively 21 month old don't go very well together 😳

I hope Mrs K is recovering well!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

That’s good news kalos.  Make sure you take care of you too.  Why don’t you have a nice sit down and maybe close your eyes for a few minutes?

Awful day here too.  Very very wet, with occasional teasing patches of lovely sunshine.  Don’t believe it; don’t go out - it’ll darken and bucket down in an instant.

Saw the consultant about my skin lesion.  All very efficient- I was in and out before my actual appointment time.  A nine o clock appointment on a Monday is a good thing 🙂.  They’re going to excise it under local anaesthetic, appointment tba but “in a few weeks.  So, Graham, I’ll be interested to hear how yours goes, but not too gory please 🙂

It’s my daughter’s birthday today.  Can’t believe how old she is … Ho hum.  She’s really busy as there are a lot of Covid absences at her office.

Thank you Eddie I will let you know how it goes on the 24th December.

Happy birthday to your daughter today.

Graham

Screenshot_20211019_100324.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kalos said:

That's good news, but if she is having a little nap, you should leave the hoovering til a bit later🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Glad Mrs K is doing well. I think it takes a while after an anaesthetic to come round fully. I always feel tired for a week or so afterwards. Best thing to do is sleep and rest and be pampered by Mr K.

Take care both of you 

Michelle

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It has been a cold & wet day here today, a little respite this afternoon when sun came out for an hour or so, then rain returned.

Trip up loft today, got Christmas Decs down, tree is now up decided to put outside lights up after Storm Barra has passed. Will hold off out up lights around front door until we hear whether it and the backs will be replaced before Christmas. Contacted the company to today, the doors are due to be collected from manufacturers Thursday morning, then it is down to finding an installation slot, hopefully before Christmas. 🤞

Carpenter has quoted for decking work, downside is the decking boards won’t be in until New Year and the price has risen again. Has to be done as that part of decking is now deemed unsafe as substructure supports have rotted. 

Getting an expensive time, the refund money from our cancelled May 2020 cruise will pay for both jobs. 

• Like 4

WE have been having a fun evening down here.  Power keeps going off, then on, then off, etc. It's like sitting in a disco as the lights keep flashing and as the burglar keeps alarm going off as well 🤣.  I suppose we are getting some exercise as we are having to get up to reset it🙄  Even when the power has been on it has been too weak to have enough power for the light bulbs. My son has just sent a text to say there is a pylon on fire out on The Towans (the local sand dunes).  Power back up and on at present🤞 but blowing the candles out just yet!

Hope everyone else is having an uneventful evening.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, purplesea said:

WE have been having a fun evening down here.  Power keeps going off, then on, then off, etc. It's like sitting in a disco as the lights keep flashing and as the burglar keeps alarm going off as well 🤣.  I suppose we are getting some exercise as we are having to get up to reset it🙄  Even when the power has been on it has been too weak to have enough power for the light bulbs. My son has just sent a text to say there is a pylon on fire out on The Towans (the local sand dunes).  Power back up and on at present🤞 but blowing the candles out just yet!

Hope everyone else is having an uneventful evening.

Keep your heating up high just in case it goes off again through the night.

It’s not fun is it, we had our turn during storm Arwen and now storm Barra is on the way with the added joy of snow and a drop in temperature to go with the high winds. I think I will need to rescue my outdoor decorations before it all starts. I’m also laying out torches, candles, batteries etc in every room just in case!

Hope your power is back to normal soon.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Keep your heating up high just in case it goes off again through the night.

It’s not fun is it, we had our turn during storm Arwen and now storm Barra is on the way with the added joy of snow and a drop in temperature to go with the high winds. I think I will need to rescue my outdoor decorations before it all starts. I’m also laying out torches, candles, batteries etc in every room just in case!

Hope your power is back to normal soon.

We are lucky in that we don't have any snow or the temperatures as cold as you are experiencing up in Scotland, although we got have a strong wind. I feel sorry for all those that have been without heating, etc for days.

• Like 6

I have been to the theatre this evening with 3 friends to the latest iteration of a show that we has been one of our twice annual excuses for a get together for the last 24 years.  The show is full of corny jokes and songs from the 60s and 70s and I think that having missed the August and December last year and August this year versions of the show has given us a new appreciation  of something that we have taken for granted. 

My only criticism is that we were in the monority of people wearing masks, social distancing meant that the audience was a lot smaller than usual but I felt that face  coverings should have been mandatory especially as the Omicron was varient has been found in Newcastle under Lyme today.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I have been to the theatre this evening with 3 friends to the latest iteration of a show that we has been one of our twice annual excuses for a get together for the last 24 years.  The show is full of corny jokes and songs from the 60s and 70s and I think that having missed the August and December last year and August this year versions of the show has given us a new appreciation  of something that we have taken for granted. 

My only criticism is that we were in the monority of people wearing masks, social distancing meant that the audience was a lot smaller than usual but I felt that face  coverings should have been mandatory especially as the Omicron was varient has been found in Newcastle under Lyme today.

I love going to the theatre.

It’s good that they are socially distancing, as most theatres seem to be operating on a full house basis. I went in September, to a show originally booked pre pandemic. I really enjoyed it, but it was a full house, and only about 30% of people wore masks. I ended up getting my first and only ‘ping’ on the Covid app.

I really enjoyed the show, but based on the lack of distancing and mask wearing, I won’t be booking again any time soon.

Glad you had a good time though, notwithstanding the actions of some of the others in the audience 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I love going to the theatre.

It’s good that they are socially distancing, as most theatres seem to be operating on a full house basis. I went in September, to a show originally booked pre pandemic. I really enjoyed it, but it was a full house, and only about 30% of people wore masks. I ended up getting my first and only ‘ping’ on the Covid app.

I really enjoyed the show, but based on the lack of distancing and mask wearing, I won’t be booking again any time soon.

Glad you had a good time though, notwithstanding the actions of some of the others in the audience 

I have been missing the theatre too. Went about a month ago to our local theatre, think it was less than half full, we had no-one sat around us which as good. Thinking about booking to take grandchildren to Pantomime at local theatre rather than a larger one at Blackpool or Bradford(which is always amazing). 
Miserable day here again. Going to have a coffee, put slow cooker on and do some baking.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe

Michelle

• Like 4

Storm Barra is here.  No walkies today, thank you very much968D285B-131D-4909-A9A9-A3C64F68E327.thumb.jpeg.79036802ce565659e5bde1711b6842f9.jpeg

It’s worked out ok as we’re off to meet my sis & b-i-l for a pub lunch.  About 40 minutes drive for both of us.  Fingers crossed no floods or trees down.  Hopefully the bad weather will be brief - the forecast shows things much calmer and drier.

The theatre sounds a lovely idea - in theory.  I was seriously working out when I could get to the cinema for an afternoon showing of Bond, it seems like just a few days ago.  Will now wait to see how things pan out - still far too early to assess.  Fingers crossed that the children aren’t as badly affected as in SA.  That would be awful.

Have as good a day as you can everyone.  Stay safe and dry

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Glad to hear that you had a good evening and enjoyed the show. We (11 of us) are booked to see Cinderella at The Hall For Cornwall next weekend. Originally it was me taking my grandaughter as an early Christmas present, with her Mum, but you could say it snowballed!😲

After last night our power is back but still not right! Weather wise is still very windy with torrential showers but the temp is in double figures.

I'm going to avoid them and stay in and make some sweet and do some baking.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe and warm.

• Like 6

Just now, kalos said:

I had some good times in the theatre , I loved using our theatre’s trapdoor...

...it was just a stage I was  going through.:classic_unsure: Because of this I just lost my job as

a stage designer but I left without making a scene. I think it would be great if we 

had drive in movie theatres in the UK as they would help us stay safe . I once 

however read about two old ladies in the USA who were found frozen  solid in 

the drive in theatres car park . The show on display board  they went to see was 

called "Closed For The Winter":classic_wink: Keep safe everyone :classic_love: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

I had a theatre trip a month or so ago to see the wonderful Fascinating Aida. They generally attract a relatively 'sophisticated', 'educated', 'middle-class' following and I must say that it shocked me to see how many people did not wear masks, especially in a full house...

Wet and windy here today since around midday but nothing compared to other areas. Been out to our Old Town this morning to have a haircut and do a greetings card shop in the independent card shop there. Had to send a couple of cards pronto, so went to the florist/coffee shop, had a coffee and lovely slice of Ginger & Lemon Loaf Cake whilst I wrote the card. Was also taken with a beautiful Christmas Wreath for my front door, so all in all a fruitful morning. Must get on with writing some more Christmas Cards this afternoon.

• Like 8