P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Morning all, 

Just sitting here reflecting on another year and feeling very grateful. 

As a family, we have managed to avoid the dreaded Covid for another year, no extra health scares and business has survived and thrived. 

We have visited some amazing places in the uk that we would have missed and savoured every trip out. 

We are appreciating our family, friends and surroundings much more than previously and are giving back to those who need us wherever possible. 

Our thoughts go out to those who have not been so lucky and we hope 2022 is brighter for you. 

Finally, thank you to you lot.

You helped us and many others through the early days of uncertainty by just being here with your humour, advice and friendship and have continued to be a source of normality in these mixed up times. 

Happy New year to all of you. 

Andy & Michelle xxx

• Like 25

11 minutes ago, middlehaitch said:

As you are all waking up to the last day of 2021 I want to thank you all for the love and care you have shared.

I am one of the silent lurkers of this thread. Because I no longer live in the UK I haven't, but once, contributed, but the solace you have given me has been immeasurable. 

I live in Victoria, BC on the west coast of Canada, but all my family is in the UK, and you, all of you, have kept me sane by talking about the good, the bad, the ugly. the fun, the heartbreak, and just everyday life (including the odd squabble). 

I just want to thank you every single one of you for being the lovely ordinary people you are. (that is a compliment) 

Extra thanks to everyone who has worked so hard to get the jabs in, even the nastiest of peoples, arms.

Cheers, heather 🥂

PS- I should add we woke to a wonderful white Christmas and have been having rare lows of -3 to -10. 

What an absolutely delightful post, Heather. Very nice to hear from you, and do please feel more than welcome to join in with our unrelated ramblings!

A very Happy New Year to you and to your family.

Harry

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, zap99 said:

You could be ok getting through France now Brian.

Ah,just read that news.I thought you were alluding to the rumour that French officialdom could be bribed with a jar of pickled walnuts.None of our family liked them by the way,only me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I thought it could not get any greyer but oh me of little faith. It is a dull grey light at 9.55am and pouring down. Well I am not going to be down. I have plans to cook up a storm - steak in mushroom and stilton sauce (lunch) and cajun prawns for dinner plus of course 3 bowls of Royal Canin for the low riders. I have a new book, DVDs, 2 new magazines and if I have to the TV. Right that makes me sound upbeat and positive so I shall go and get on with that.

Happy and prosperous new year to everyone.

Emma 

Seeing in the new year at our sons who lives only 3 miles up the road.Daughter has gone to inlaws in Southport.TFL normally do free buses and trains all night but not this year so it's 30 quid cab home.Happy new year everyone,Brian.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I remember those times too. You must have been posh though to have a hot water bottle, I had a hot brick wrapped in an old towel.

Avril

Don't forget the chilblains. Doubt kids today know what they even are.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Quite a lot of deep reflections in the posts this morning, it must be that time of the season for reminiscing on the year just past, let's hope that 2022 finally sees the end of the covid pandemic, which just seems to linger on forever. Then we can all return to posting about all the things like, dress codes, tipping, declining standards, sunbed hogging and all the other things we love about cruising!😉

Happy New year everyone.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

Quite a lot of deep reflections in the posts this morning, it must be that time of the season for reminiscing on the year just past, let's hope that 2022 finally sees the end of the covid pandemic, which just seems to linger on forever. Then we can all return to posting about all the things like, dress codes, tipping, declining standards, sunbed hogging and all the other things we love about cruising!😉

Happy New year everyone.

Once someone starts a new thread about how they miss nightly turndown service then covid will officially have been beaten! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Happy New Year  from South Norfolk, mild but VERY dull. Not working today after all, very little traffic in the vaccination drop in hub so decided not to open today. Perhaps people don't want to feel / potentially feel rough over New Years??

Back jabbing on Monday. 

Nice post from" Heather the lurker"!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, middlehaitch said:

As you are all waking up to the last day of 2021 I want to thank you all for the love and care you have shared.

I am one of the silent lurkers of this thread. Because I no longer live in the UK I haven't, but once, contributed, but the solace you have given me has been immeasurable. 

I live in Victoria, BC on the west coast of Canada, but all my family is in the UK, and you, all of you, have kept me sane by talking about the good, the bad, the ugly. the fun, the heartbreak, and just everyday life (including the odd squabble). 

I just want to thank you every single one of you for being the lovely ordinary people you are. (that is a compliment) 

Extra thanks to everyone who has worked so hard to get the jabs in, even the nastiest of peoples, arms.

Cheers, heather 🥂

PS- I should add we woke to a wonderful white Christmas and have been having rare lows of -3 to -10. 

Welcome to our forum, it is lovely to hear from Canada.  We have been to Victoria on 2 cruises and loved it so much that we took a holiday splitting the time between driving through the Rockies from Calgary and then spending a week discovering Vancouver and Victoria.  I spent quite a lot of time on the other side of Canada working in Nova Scotia which is my favourite place that I have ever spent a significant length of time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Josy1953 said:

Welcome to our forum, it is lovely to hear from Canada.  We have been to Victoria on 2 cruises and loved it so much that we took a holiday splitting the time between driving through the Rockies from Calgary and then spending a week discovering Vancouver and Victoria.  I spent quite a lot of time on the other side of Canada working in Nova Scotia which is my favourite place that I have ever spent a significant length of time.

Cheers, heather 🥂

Keep posting. You dont have to live in the UK to post here!

You will brighten the day with your posts

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

Happy New Year  from South Norfolk, mild but VERY dull. Not working today after all, very little traffic in the vaccination drop in hub so decided not to open today. Perhaps people don't want to feel / potentially feel rough over New Years??

Back jabbing on Monday. 

Nice post from" Heather the lurker"!

We are not back to jabbing at our hub until Wednesday and apparently there are only just over 500 bookings at the moment so unless we get a lot of walk ins it looks like being a quiet day.  Any Stokies lurking out there remember if you want a jab we will be happy to see you.

• Like 7

Cheers, heather 🥂

Lovely post, thank you. We were due to revisit Victoria last year on our Rockies tour. That got cancelled. Again this year. We haven't booked for 2022...yet, but will revisit your beautiful City soon. Have a great 2022.

• Like 1

Good morning guys ,how you all doing ? :classic_smile:

Thank you all for being here through yet another year with support for each other

where needed and a few laughs along the way -Cheers guys :classic_love:

What are you up to tonight ? Just a quiet night in or out on the razzle ? :classic_unsure:

Thinking back to some New Years party's I've been to and some have been real 

belters !  I remember going to a New Years party where I  got absolutely hammered
 on a few bottles Gordon's Gin and he wasn't too happy about it.:classic_wink: The food and drink 

were amazing apart from you could never get to the loo as there was always a woman 

in there crying her eyes out .When you think about it relationships are like Indian food.
They start out hot and spicy but end up with someone sat on the toilet crying and saying

why me.:classic_unsure: But those days are long behind me now just another quite night in with the 

Mrs and we are happy looking forward to the future :classic_love: This morning I too have been 

reflecting and was saying to the Mrs "Another year gone , I wonder if you still love me 

when I'm old, fat and bald?" She turned to me gave me a kiss  and said .....

..."Don't you worry I already do " :classic_ohmy:

Whatever you get up to ,All the best wishes and take care guys :classic_smile::classic_love:

• Like 19
  • Haha 1

Cheers, heather 🥂

What a lovely post Heather, thank you. The posters on here are not only in the UK  so we'll look forward to seeing your posts, the more the merrier. It's nice to know that our thread has not only helped us during the last two stressful years, but also others that have been 'lurking'.

What a weather contrast there is. It seems as though we will be seeing out the old, and bringing in the new at a balmy(or barmy😉) 15c.

My wishes for a healthy and a Very Happy 2022 🥂

Avril

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Host Sharon said:

Don't forget the chilblains. Doubt kids today know what they even are.

Even now, although I love a warm centrally heated home, we still sleep better in a cold bedroom. We don't turn the radiator on, have the window open a little, and snuggle down.

Avril

• Like 2

Morning Everyone.

Welcome Heather.

It's an overcast day here, with just a slight breeze and a mild 13oC and dry!

Have had an expensive morning, as have just insured and taxed my car, plus ordered PCR tests. Tesco delivery has been and had a couple of substitutions, in my favour.

Other than that nothing else doing.

Thank you all for the support and friendship throughout the last year.

Take care and stay safe.

Pam 

Wishing everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year.

happy.gif

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Oh no, your posts have brought a tear to this tough old bird's eye!!!!🤣

Thanks everyone from the bottom of my heart   xxx

ps.   any resolutions... 

Still working on some but the one I seem to have kept throughout the year was to stop 

biting my nails ... and my feet look a lot better for it :classic_smile::classic_wink: 

• Haha 8

Afternoon all! I’ve gone a bit misty eyed reading the last few posts!

We had a lovely Christmas Day with our son and grandson but now John has the dreaded lurgy ( had 3 LFT tests all negative) and I had my sore throat come back since Christmas, all very odd!

We were  both off Tuesday so finally spent my Cafe Rouge voucher my sister sent for my birthday (which was November!) So I shall use a photo from that lunch to say ‘cheers! And let’s have a great New Year’ 🥂🥂We had a brilliant table .

AA7B5A08-F33D-442D-A41A-768BFD1B6AD2.jpeg

• Like 8