P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Does anybody remember Findus frozen savoury pancakes filled with either minced beef in gravy or chicken in sauce? I don’t think they are manufactured any more (I am willing to be corrected) but in their time, they were quite sophisticated 😇.

Edited by pete14
  • Like 11

1 minute ago, pete14 said:

Does anybody remember Findus savoury pancakes filled with either minced beef in gravy or chicken in sauce? I don’t think they are manufactured any more (I am willing to be corrected) but in their time, they were quite sophisticated 😇.

I remember them……The sauce always seeped out!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Does anybody remember Findus frozen savoury pancakes filled with either minced beef in gravy or chicken in sauce? I don’t think they are manufactured any more (I am willing to be corrected) but in their time, they were quite sophisticated 😇.

Yes, I too remember them!

4 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

My hearing aids are NHS ones, but many now have blue tooth connectivity, which could do away with a need for separate headphones. Unfortunately I doubt that the NHS  will be including a blue tooth feature in theirs anytime soon.

Apparently they can issue Bluetooth ones for free at the discretion of the individual audiology dept, so I will see what happens following my hearing test and expected new moulds later this year. 

2 hours ago, pete14 said:

Still available in Iceland Pete, along with spam fritters... 

Molten cheese and ham was my favourite, until it scorched my chin... 

About half the size they used to be though... 

Andy 

Edited by AndyMichelle
Your lovely, charitable friend, Andy
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

Farmfood get spam fritters from time to time as well.  Unfortunately the ones near us no longer do haggis bites.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

Thanks Andy, but I think I will give them a miss. I suppose I could get some for nostalgic reasons but I find that nostalgia is not what it used to be. I seem to remember they paired well with arctic roll for pudding and Le Piat D’or which was the best of red wines I could afford.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I am back from my meeting and now know the days that I will be bowling through the summer.  Another step along the way to normality.  I have reduced the number of games to only 4 per week but have agreed to be a reserve for other games.

I hope you still have enough spare time to carry out some award winning charity work !

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

Good morning.

-2°C and sunny here in North East England but a frost on my car windscreen.

Nothing planned for today.

I hope everyone has a nice day and stays safe.

Prayers 🙏 for Ukraine.

Graham.

FB_IMG_1646088088709.jpg.3fcfb8557ea92b2d7c82d4d44c6bf6f1.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 11

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

I hope you still have enough spare time to carry out some award winning charity work !

I will try but as you know my charity work is not award winning so perhaps it is not important. 

I will have to make sure that I only do charity work during the day because all of my bowling is done after 6pm except the "Shufflers" ( over 60s ) on Tuesday afternoon.

🤣🤣

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, kalos said:

Morning I hope everyone's doing good on the first of March :classic_smile:

64udq3.jpg.565b5fd8fd4dee05c0d5363f834c77a4.jpg

The way Putin is talking, I'll be pleased if we are still here next week, let alone getting to the 20th !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The way Putin is talking, I'll be pleased if we are still here next week, let alone getting to the 20th !

Wowzz you remember the old TV adverts where you hide under the living room door :classic_unsure:

USA don't seem phased by him . The Russian people do though ?

Pleased to se they have been kicked out of the Euro song contest but we will still finish last 

behind them .:classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, kalos said:

Wowzz you remember the old TV adverts where you hide under the living room door :classic_unsure:

USA don't seem phased by him . The Russian people do though ?

Pleased to see they have been kicked out of the Euro song contest but we will still finish last behind them .:classic_unsure:

Edited by kalos

12 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I am back from my meeting and now know the days that I will be bowling through the summer.  Another step along the way to normality.  I have reduced the number of games to only 4 per week but have agreed to be a reserve for other games.

Its that time again. I don't bowl (I don't bend) but I make the tea for the 'roll ups' not entirely sure I can remember how or why that started but I enjoy it.

I feel sure 99% of the Russian people wish VP was 'elsewhere'.  Just wish someone could do something definite about it.  It is a very risky situation at present.  We could all say a lot more, no doubt, but probably not a good idea.

• Like 7

Good morning to you all and Happy St David's day to our Welsh friends.

The weather's dull and dreary down here.

I've got nothing planned but need to decide on a menu for a buffet in a few weeks time.

Have a good day and stay safe. 

Pam 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, wowzz said:

I think with the vaccination centre and the food bank, Josy does more than her fair share without the motivation of trying to be award winning 😇

• Like 9

18 hours ago, wowzz said:

A bit like Chicken Kiev (or whatever the spelling is nowadays). The garlic butter always runs out !

We had that last night. Still called Kiev. In our local Indian I still order Lamb Madras. The Garlic butter runs out of the Kiev, but not the Lamb. I hope you know who runs out of Kyiv.