P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

I think with the vaccination centre and the food bank, Josy does more than her fair share without the motivation of trying to be award winning 😇

Thanks Pete  I only do the food bank now because our vaccination centre has closed since there are so few people still needing to be vaccinated.  Those that need to be vaccinated are being directed to the pharmacies and their GP surgeries.  I'm not sure whether the large centre in Tunstall is still being used because my friend who was there has finished for health reasons.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, kalos said:

Wowzz you remember the old TV adverts where you hide under the living room door :classic_unsure:

USA don't seem phased by him . The Russian people do though ?

Pleased to se they have been kicked out of the Euro song contest but we will still finish last 

behind them .:classic_unsure:

I just checked, it is 1/8th of an inch and I won't fit 😟

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, kalos said:

Wowzz you remember the old TV adverts where you hide under the living room door :classic_unsure:

USA don't seem phased by him . The Russian people do though ?

Pleased to se they have been kicked out of the Euro song contest but we will still finish last 

behind them .:classic_unsure:

I just checked, it is 1/8th of an inch and I won't fit 😟

edit - both doors

Edited by davecttr
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, kalos said:

Seems CC  has got a sale on today Post one -Get one free :classic_unsure:

Happened to me earlier !

POGOF. Sounds a bit rude to me.🤣

Edited by zap99
Spell check changed rude to ride.
  • Like 2

I think that I shall save some money on my electricity bills to put towards the increased petrol prices. I have the most red shiny nose courtesy of my cold, I think I could light up Holt. And still I'm sniffling away, dare not lay down as I feel like I'm drowning. Low riders have had enough of sofa sharing with a sneezing, coughing sniffling human, they have debunked into the kitchen and their own baskets where they sincerely hope that I will not be joining them. Never watched so much rubbish on TV in my life. Still I tested negative so thankful it is just a bad cold.  

6 minutes ago, ccpm said:

I think that I shall save some money on my electricity bills to put towards the increased petrol prices. I have the most red shiny nose courtesy of my cold, I think I could light up Holt. And still I'm sniffling away, dare not lay down as I feel like I'm drowning. Low riders have had enough of sofa sharing with a sneezing, coughing sniffling human, they have debunked into the kitchen and their own baskets where they sincerely hope that I will not be joining them. Never watched so much rubbish on TV in my life. Still I tested negative so thankful it is just a bad cold.  

It is good that it is just a bad cold.  Take care.

• Like 4

I  just remembered I did actually get an award for for my vaccination voluntary role.  It is the first time that I  have received anything in recognition for my voluntary activities, which actually started when I  was a girl guide in my teens.

Like most other volunteers I do not do what I do for recognition but because I  believe that it is the right thing to do.

1070284014_20220301_1237292.thumb.jpg.b155f61e8e1783e28a9cfe5af113ff14.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 12

It’s a beautiful day here, not a cloud in the sky and feels quite Spring like. A friend has just been for coffee this morning and I have just taken the dogs out for their lunchtime walk. Going to the gym this afternoon and going to see my mum.

Hope everyone is having a good day whatever you are doing and hope those a bit under the weather feel better soon 

Michelle

• Like 6

Sadly you tend to shrink as you get older - I was 5' 8 and a half  when I was 12 (not fun when all the boys still had to grow), but I am now only 5' 7".  Still a pretty good height, which I am glad about; you can afford to be a bit more overweight when you have the height to compensate, and longer legs certainly look better in trousers than short chubby ones.  But the downside is people seem to expect you to be more practical and sensible than you possibly are  (in my case).  But it was nice to have a first boyfriend who was 6' 4", and I could get some high heels at last.  I'd like to think that most of us, once grown up, actually like to be whatever height we are.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I  just remembered I did actually get an award for for my vaccination voluntary role.  It is the first time that I  have received anything in recognition for my voluntary activities, which actually started when I  was a girl guide in my teens.

Like most other volunteers I do not do what I do for recognition but because I  believe that it is the right thing to do.

1070284014_20220301_1237292.thumb.jpg.b155f61e8e1783e28a9cfe5af113ff14.jpg

Well done Josy.

I admire your efforts which are done because you are a nice caring person.

Thank you Josy.

Graham.

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I might.😉 Dad often told me I suffered from 'Duck's Disease' (bum too close to the ground)🦆😁

Avril

I'm a shortie too.  At 5ft tall I can't afford to lose any height.  I remember that grandad used to tell me that good things come in small packages which makes me wonder why I keep buying shoes and boots with ridiculous heels.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kalos said:

Anyone going out for a leisurely drive at £7 a gallon in old money :classic_unsure:

When you do the sums, and work  out that it's costing 14p a mile to drive anywhere, it does make you wonder if your journey is really necessary! 

• Like 2

When I was a young man I would turn sideways on to squeeze through a narrow gap. Sadly I now appear to be the same width all the way round 😬

When I was young I used to get growing pains. Now I get shrinking pains 😕

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, wowzz said:

When you do the sums, and work  out that it's costing 14p a mile to drive anywhere, it does make you wonder if your journey is really necessary! 

I would say your run to Aldi for your wine  absolutely :classic_wink:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I might.😉 Dad often told me I suffered from 'Duck's Disease' (bum too close to the ground)🦆😁

Avril

My mum used to say that about my dad and his family - none of whom she cared for, including my dad! However, she did not use the gentile term 'bum' when explaining the meaning of Duck's Disease 😁.  My mum was 5'5 and my dad only 5'6" - but his and his siblings' height was likely down to malnutrition in the early part of last century, because all of their offspring (my cousins) were average to tall.

used to be almost 5'10" and after a recent 'all's-well' bone density scan, discovered that my new height of less than 5'8" is down to age-related shrinkage 😌

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I get my free bus pass this weekend.I will be going on lots of journeys!😊😊

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

used to be almost 5'10" and after a recent 'all's-well' bone density scan, discovered that my new height of less than 5'8" is down to age-related shrinkage 😌

A short story about height ...:classic_smile:

Once upon a time, there lived a king who was only 12 inches tall...

He was a terrible king, but he made a great ruler. :classic_unsure:

I was going to tell you about my auntie Elsie who wanted to become a lady of the night .

She was only 5ft 1 " and packed in because she was selling herself short :classic_unsure:

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I'm a shortie too.  At 5ft tall I can't afford to lose any height.  I remember that grandad used to tell me that good things come in small packages which makes me wonder why I keep buying shoes and boots with ridiculous heels.

At 5Ft tall I get that ---- my mum used to say that if anyone picked on me  I was to say that "Good things come in small packages"  as well and that "The bigger they are the harder they fall " ! 😉

• Like 1

1. Back oil

The back room of a house. Oil , like 'ole (hole).

2. Capt/capped

Proud, chuffed

3. Chelp

To cry, shout or complain

"What's tha chelpin' about now?"

4. Chuffin'

A minced oath used as an intensifier.

"That's not chuffin' fair" or " chuffin' 'eck."

5. Could stop a pig in an alley

Descriptive of a bow-legged person

6. Dog's shelf

On the floor

"Where's me 'at? It's on t' dog's shelf ."

7. Ee by gum

A minced oath to express surprise

Gum replaces God to avoid blaspheming.

8. Frame thisen

Pull yourself together.

9. Gi' ower

Variant of give over , meaning "behave"

10. I'll go to the foot of our stairs

An expression of surprise

"Wednesday in t'Premiership? I'll go to the foot of our stairs!"

11. Laik

To play – or to have nothing to do

"Is tha laiking aht?" Are you coming out to play?

12. Lookin' black o'er Bill's mother

It looks like it's about to rain.

13. Mardy

Petulant, in a mood

Immortalised in the Arctic Monkeys song Mardy Bum

14. Maungy

Pronounced " morn-jee ". Miserable, bad-tempered, sulky

15. Mither

To bother or annoy

16. Nah then

Accented version of now then , meaning "hello"

17. Nesh