P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

34 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Morning all.  It’s a dull mild one here

We’re packing up & heading home this afternoon,  ready for a busy week, which includes “getting me veins done” on Thursday 😬 I think there’s something else that day too, but can’t quite put my finger on it now 🙄

Hope everyone has a good day - quiet if you want quiet; productive if you need to be busy

2 weeks today and we are off to that Weymouth. The weather will be nice. Warm and Sunny is the forecast. I would normally take my plastic bucket and spade....but..☠️

Edited by zap99
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, zap99 said:

2 weeks today and we are off to that Weymouth. The weather will be nice. Warm and Sunny is the forecast. I would normally take my plastic bucket and spade....but..☠️

Just don’t forget your duck 🐥

• Haha 10

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Those of a certain vintage will remember the gas mantle lights in caravans.

Yes our old 8 berth had those and I fitted a wind generator and a a solar panel .

Folk used to think we had mains power .

I used to light the gas mantles every now and again as they gave off a smell

that I liked in a caravan .

• Like 4

Morning from a damp and dull bit of Yorkshire. It started off well enough with a mild sunny start then went downhill. Busy morning after breakfast and a bit of shopping in Barnsley then a run to the tip, we decided to clear the attic out yesterday. There wasn't much up there so we dropped off a load at the British Heart foundation and then a run to the tip. I did say to Mrs YP when we moved 15 years ago that we should have taken the junk to the tip, we were closer then too.

We should be able to book our meals on the Princess app today since they have jiggled the meal times around after we had the ones booked previously cancelled, but guess what? its crashed, so it isn't just P&O It that is inconsistent.

Not a bad day sports wise yesterday, the boys got through last night even after a poor display. We also got a Brit on the top step of the podium in F1 after a bit of to me to you with Norris and Max. Tennis starts today, not that I am a big fan but Mrs YP watches it.

• Like 8

Miserable wet day here in Bolton. We bought a new shed last week which was erected by the company very efficiently but needs painting. My husband has done the sealant and two coats of paint but it still needs another one. Looking at the forecast it shows rain every day for the next two weeks. I’m not sure when the final coat will be done as it will take quite some time for the shed to dry off. I suspect the garage will be storing all the shed stuff for some time. Happy days.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Morning from a damp and dull bit of Yorkshire. It started off well enough with a mild sunny start then went downhill. Busy morning after breakfast and a bit of shopping in Barnsley then a run to the tip, we decided to clear the attic out yesterday. There wasn't much up there so we dropped off a load at the British Heart foundation and then a run to the tip. I did say to Mrs YP when we moved 15 years ago that we should have taken the junk to the tip, we were closer then too.

We should be able to book our meals on the Princess app today since they have jiggled the meal times around after we had the ones booked previously cancelled, but guess what? its crashed, so it isn't just P&O It that is inconsistent.

Not a bad day sports wise yesterday, the boys got through last night even after a poor display. We also got a Brit on the top step of the podium in F1 after a bit of to me to you with Norris and Max. Tennis starts today, not that I am a big fan but Mrs YP watches it.

We just booked a weekend at Warners for August..no kids..no ducks. I booked out Dining times a few minutes after booking the break.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I would love to see three Brits on the podium at Silverstone; preferably Lando, then George, then Lewis.  Not likely to happen of course.

Lewis, Lando and George..with Max in the ditch.🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

I watched England Women’s cricket team thrash New Zealand in second ODI, and apparently England also won the World Cup of Darts (didn’t know there was such a thing)

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

I watched England Women’s cricket team thrash New Zealand in second ODI, and apparently England also won the World Cup of Darts (didn’t know there was such a thing)

Morning,wacaday club for us today.Woke at 4.30. having woke at 6.30 in Bulgaria for the last 7 days,they being 2 hrs ahead of us.Hotel door to our door 8 hrs yesterday.Not bad considering the airport was manic with 4 flights to UK all leaving at once and queues for security going out the doors.Train from LGW and tube from Blackfriars.With our travel together railcard and London pass, £8.50 for 2 of us.Brian.

• Like 8

Good Morning

Good luck with the results of your annual blood test today Graham. I hope all is well. A formality yes, but it's always good to get that reassuring result.

Very cloudy and quite chilly down here this morning. We've had light rain overnight too. Long may it last!

Have a good day everyone. Be well. Jane xx

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Same to everyone from me.  Grey and cool here, nothing exciting to report so back to bed for a bit to try and finish yesterday's crossword before today's arrives.  My fairly feeble attempt to keep the brain cells alive.  Yes, I do still have a daily paper delivered, my main extravagance.  (A lot  cheaper with the voucher system).

• Like 8

Currently 11C and overcast.

Today is the day I meet up with 2 first cousins I didn’t know existed until just over 6 months ago, not sure what to expect, one is from Australia the other from Surrey, they are half siblings to each other so this could be an emotional meeting. 

Also yesterday worked out that another DNA match is my half niece, daughter of my half brother who I have never met.

To top it off my wife has been in connection with a descendant of her great uncle who disappeared before 1921 turns out he went to the US, this came up with a DNA match.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Currently 11C and overcast.

Today is the day I meet up with 2 first cousins I didn’t know existed until just over 6 months ago, not sure what to expect, one is from Australia the other from Surrey, they are half siblings to each other so this could be an emotional meeting. 

Also yesterday worked out that another DNA match is my half niece, daughter of my half brother who I have never met.

To top it off my wife has been in connection with a descendant of her great uncle who disappeared before 1921 turns out he went to the US, this came up with a DNA match.

Hope all goes well.

• Like 6

Woke to clear blue skies, which made a change! But it hasn't lasted, it is now overcast and cloudy and looks like rain, although the forecast is for a mainly sunny day. Oh well, we will see!

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 5

Update ,my car insurance renewal quote e-mail arrived this morning and 

going on what some of you guys were reporting ,I was fearing the worst.

Good news is it has only gone up just over £40 ,so I have spent the last hour

comparing other insurers and to my surprise they would want at least  £60-£70

more,for a like for like insurance . So that's sorted for another year .

• Like 6

Morning

Sunshine here, for the moment, and pleasant enough, so no complaints.  It’s hardly *flag-cracking* temperatures but I’m content with *no coat needed*

OH has a busy day of assorted appointments but I have nothing on the agenda, bar some domestic goddess-ery 

• Like 2

Overcast and cloudy here. Day 8 of trying to rid myself of the latest you know what bug, it's extremely stubborn and making me miserable as hell.  Really need to get it together soon as we fly to Scotland next Wednesday for our extended jaunt to see Paul Weller at Edinburgh Castle and then up to the Highlands for a few days.  After that back home for a week and I then leave the OH home alone to fly to Italy for a week. 

It's another run for Dutch Decoy today hopefully he can at least give me something to cheer me up.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 2