P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

14 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Oh no, is that the Manor Farm that's closing? We haven't been for a couple of years, but it was our go-to place for meals for many years, right back to the 80's

Do you know when it's closing? 

Yes I’m afraid it is. I hadn’t been for ages then went with some friends last year and had a really nice evening! It felt very grown up when I went there on a ‘date’ with my future husband back in the 80’s. 

• Like 1

Morning all, more rain forecast today, are we sure this is July?

I had planned to walk to my Mum’s flat this afternoon (about half hour) to be there for a water meter change but I may get a bus now!

• Like 4

Heavy rainfall this morning morning and plenty of it . Looking at the weather radar

it looks like we all will be getting some of this today.

A good day for supping tea I suppose and watch the world go by.

Those herbal tea's even ,can be quite relaxing but I once got a sharp pain in my

right eye every time I drank it

Things are much better now I remember to take the spoon out of the mug before drinking it .🙃

Hope you all have a good day -Take care 😀

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Heavy rain yesterday and overnight. Mixed bag of weather instore for us today, I think. Foggy up over by Trencom, patches of blue sky and the sun trying to get out, it's windy but mild and  showers are forecast! 

• Like 3

Good morning.

It is 13°C and raining heavily here.

I called on a long time customer this morning and afterwards called at the beach with a coffee and cheesy bacon flatbread.

I hope everyone's BP is better today and you all have a wonderful day.

IMG_20240709_091159.jpg

• Like 10

8 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Yes I’m afraid it is. I hadn’t been for ages then went with some friends last year and had a really nice evening! It felt very grown up when I went there on a ‘date’ with my future husband back in the 80’s. 

I used to like the 'rustic' decor, and that it was on all different levels with tables in nooks and crannies! 

Been very bad at posting trip reports lately but I will upload them from Christmas and February sometime soon. I also went on royal Caribbean in May but I think I’ll have to upload that to the RCL boards. 
But I have just started posting my Florida one from 2023 and I’ve got some comparison photos of the kids. Just cos I think it was Zap that asked back in April 23. 

2019 vs 2023 first day. They have grown up fast. IMG_5941.thumb.jpeg.df620d51cfd9123f104784e952834262.jpeg

IMG_5940.thumb.jpeg.1d007bb0bf6755388b9a4dd97bbd8232.jpeg

IMG_5939.thumb.jpeg.b156bde76117bba779c32d4fa6aa3aeb.jpeg

IMG_5938.thumb.jpeg.8f9aae2e3f1143d8077c5db3c1f89923.jpeg

IMG_5937.thumb.jpeg.bf715721c44c952a4f6c78f0579184a9.jpeg

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

Been very bad at posting trip reports lately but I will upload them from Christmas and February sometime soon. I also went on royal Caribbean in May but I think I’ll have to upload that to the RCL boards. 
But I have just started posting my Florida one from 2023 and I’ve got some comparison photos of the kids. Just cos I think it was Zap that asked back in April 23. 

2019 vs 2023 first day. They have grown up fast. IMG_5941.thumb.jpeg.df620d51cfd9123f104784e952834262.jpeg

IMG_5940.thumb.jpeg.1d007bb0bf6755388b9a4dd97bbd8232.jpeg

IMG_5939.thumb.jpeg.b156bde76117bba779c32d4fa6aa3aeb.jpeg

IMG_5938.thumb.jpeg.8f9aae2e3f1143d8077c5db3c1f89923.jpeg

IMG_5937.thumb.jpeg.bf715721c44c952a4f6c78f0579184a9.jpeg

Thanks for that Vamps. Happy family 😁

11 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I used to like the 'rustic' decor, and that it was on all different levels with tables in nooks and crannies! 

Good morning from the Wide Awake Club!  We had new  super duper mattresses delivered today too.

Re Manor Farm..It's a shame.  We have been there many times, mostly years ago.  I can't think of any use for the building,  on the corner, raised up a bit and  with mezzanines and nooks and crannies as you say.   Its quite a big PI behind it. I would think it would be doing well, but obviously not.

Its a shame, its been going for donkeys years.   

• Like 2

Good morning from a fellow member.  My laptop is going slow, I think it I bunged up with stuff so I think if I switch it off and leave for a while it will come back up to speed.  We will see.  Normally leave it on sleep - wish I could do the same for myself!

• Like 3

@indiana123  @lincslady

Good morning folks, I have also been up for hours and already have a venison casserole in the slow cooker and a loaf baked. If I’m awake I may as well do something useful.

I have have given up on fighting insomnia. The very early daybreak doesn’t help, 

It’s dry here at the moment but black clouds are threatening. Yesterday the rain poured down all day, so much for summer.

Have a good day all.

• Like 3

Morning one and all,

A nice bright sunny day after all the dull, damp and windy weather we've had, it will make a nice change, and expected to reach a pleasant 18c although it is still a bit breezy.

Going over to Mum's later and possibly out for lunch, but other than the normal chores nothing planned.

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 4

Morning,at least it's not raining here. We enjoyed the football last night and thought

France and Spain both played well ,one of the better matches we have seen .

Tonight we have to get past the Dutch team if we want to play in the final.

We can but hope .

Have a good day everyone .

• Like 5

Good morning.

It is damp outside but the rain has stopped for now.

It is 13°C.

Just watching TV and the Mystic Meerkats are around the England bin predicting an English win 🤞🙏.

I hope everyone has a lovely day.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Just watching TV and the Mystic Meerkats are around the England bin predicting an English win 🤞🙏.

I hope they are right !  😃  I have just read that some Germans have got a petition

up and they want a replay of their last match as they think the Ref wasn't fair now

that they are out of the Euros .

If it works like that ..Can we please have Rotherham and Huddersfield put back 

into the Championship as we had some bad Ref Decisions last season ? 🙃🤣🤣

• Haha 4

Good morning all

We have no interest in football, other than wishing the national team well.  However we are coincidentally not very far from Dortmund at the moment, but intend to leave the area as soon as possible!  It was 33C in this part of Germany yesterday so we are hoping for a slightly cooler day today after heavy thunderstorms.

@indiana123, @lincslady and @Eglesbrech I could very easily have joined you all this morning!  Is this mostly a female thing?  DH sleeps easily whereas for me a good night is one with only two loo visits followed by returning to sleep immediately!  Too much information 😉?

@grapau27 I still love your morning ‘snack/breakfast by the sea’ photos - it makes me feel that all is well with the world somehow. 

Good luck to all with their BP quests; it has served as a reminder to check mine again once I’m home as it’s a few months since I last did it.

@Vampiress88 Lovely photos of your girls at Disney. I have photos taken in front of those pots at Disney Springs too 😊

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Yes, mrsg, my good night is just like yours.  I was lucky this morning, the laptop got back to normal after a two hour switchoff, and I got back to sleep for a while.

Although I like watching some of the tennis at Wimbledon, the combination of wall to wall tennis and what sometimes looks like wall to wall football on TV is getting me down a bit;  why don't the Beeb and ITV put some of the normal shows on their other channels, which are freeview??  I dare say money spending might be involved somewhere, though can't see why.

Yes, mrsg, I think the male/female sleep balance is very frequent; certainly applied to me and to both my son and daughter and their other halves.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, lincslady said:

Good morning from a fellow member.  My laptop is going slow, I think it I bunged up with stuff so I think if I switch it off and leave for a while it will come back up to speed.  We will see.  Normally leave it on sleep - wish I could do the same for myself!

I used to leave mine on sleep too until my grandson told me that's the worst thing to do. I should shut it down every night to give the software time to sort itself and do any upgrades, otherwise it gets clogged up with rubbish, slow down and will eventually ''spazz out'' his words😏

I also had a habit of leaving it on charge, even though it was fully charged, which I'm told is a big no no and the fastest way to ruin the battery. 

So now I do as I'm told😇

Avril

• Like 7

Thanks, Avril.  Mine is permanently plugged in, as it is the one on my desk -in fact the only device I have!  My lot  said to leave it on sleep, but I will just switch it off at night, as it does get clogged up and then certainly clears itself after a couple of hours switched off.  I even have it attached to my old fashioned keyboard, hate using the keyboard on the laptop.  

• Like 4

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok today.

I am not a football fan but hubby is so we will be definitely watching tonight, fingers crossed for an England win.

I sympathise about the sleep, I am there too. Since taking me off HRT last year after finding early breast cancer all the menopausal symptoms have returned - it’s horrible, - toohot - too cold etc etc - you ladies will know what I mean

It’s my mums 90th birthday today, I have booked an afternoon tea at her favourite place, Clifton Arms Hotel in Lytham this afternoon. 

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

It’s my mums 90th birthday today, I have booked an afternoon tea at her favourite place, Clifton Arms Hotel in Lytham this afternoon. 

Hope mum has a wonderful time image.gif.8f7f90ec1b41f56273759d4138cba373.gif😃😃😃

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1