P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 minute ago, Rupert2251 said:

Couldn't agree more, the standing ovation brought a tear to my eye.

We are off to Trentham Gardens in a minute for a nice early morning walk before the rain comes in this afternoon. Have a good day everyone.

We also plan to go to Trentham for  walk this morning but not until after 10 because I am back on the school run this week followed by a quick trip to see the hairdresser to get my hair trimmed, it has grown faster than the weeds in the garden while we were away.

Have a great walk.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, kalos said:

Well done Spain , just one step too far for our lads but no shame in being

runners up again . 

You're a gent, Kalos.  Despite the disappointment of England losing, very sporting to congratulate the winners and no acrimony involved at all.  🤗

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

You're a gent, Kalos.  Despite the disappointment of England losing, very sporting to congratulate the winners and no acrimony involved at all.  🤗

Great comment and absolutely spot on. 👏

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.

Very disappointed with England result but Spain were the better team.

Their forwards movement gave their ball players options to open England up whereas we are too slow.

My breakfast was nice as was the view this morning.

IMG_20240715_074923.jpg

• Like 11

Good morning.  Lovely in Lincs. right now - but not for long, I fear.  Some good bits from yesterday, Carlos playing like a genius, Novak being gracious, and seeing Kate and Charlotte - how lovely they looked.  Our football team being unsurprisingly outplayed by the best team in the competition, so not a disgrace,  and it is nice to see that the papers etc. are not being nasty about them.

• Like 13

The grumpy one has been deposited at school we were unfortunate enough to be behind a very minor shunt on the school driveway, the drivers both got out and started yelling at each other while the rest of us were sitting waiting for them to move so that we could drop our kiddos off.  A teacher appeared from somewhere and she managed to get them into their vehicles and to move to where they weren't causing an obstruction.

I felt sorry for the children, my niece said that if she had been in one of the vehicles she would have been embarrassed by the shouting and swearing which we could hear even with the windows up and the radio on.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Good morning.  Lovely in Lincs. right now - but not for long, I fear.  Some good bits from yesterday, Carlos playing like a genius, Novak being gracious, and seeing Kate and Charlotte - how lovely they looked.  Our football team being unsurprisingly outplayed by the best team in the competition, so not a disgrace,  and it is nice to see that the papers etc. are not being nasty about them.

I thought that it was lovely that Kate took Charlotte to Wimbledon and then William and George were supporting England in Germany.  I do wish that they would allow Geoge to dress little less formally at football matches,  I know that he is representing  thd Royal Family but he is still a young lad watching a football match.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 15

10 hours ago, Ardennais said:

Red sky at night, Spanish delight. 🫣

Funny how some of the home nations and principalities enjoy seeing England lose. I wonder if it's because they're teams are rubbish.??🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I have just realised that today is St Swithins Day, so according to folklore, we will now rain for the next 40 days! 

Oh no no no 😬

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

Funny how some of the home nations and principalities enjoy seeing England lose. I wonder if it's because they're teams are rubbish.??🤣

It’s like a local derby. Why would you want your rivals to win? 
Anyway, I’ll be gentle with you today! Sore heads and all that. 🥹

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning from disappointed of Hertfordshire.

The best team won undoubtedly but I still feel a bit flat this morning. I hope Gareth doesn't resign. I'd like him to stay for the next World Cup but he, and others, may decide otherwise. If he does go I was wondering who would be the next England manager. Like @terrierjohn my first thought was Eddie Howe but I agree he probably wouldn't want to leave Newcastle. So here's my suggestion - Jurgen Klopp. Great manager, wouldn't take any nonsense from prima donna players, already a Scouser, what's not to love? Just something to consider.

it was so good to see the Princess of Wales at Wimbledon yesterday and Princess Charlotte is a little stunner. I also thought she (Catherine) looked very thin but her radiant smile and warmth was still very much in evidence. 

Have a good day everyone. Jane xx

Klopp has made it known he will not be doing anything for a year, but there are thoughts he may be looking at running his national team.  May make Germany a strong contender in the future if he does. 

Edited by tring
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

The grumpy one has been deposited at school we were unfortunate enough to be behind a very minor shunt on the school driveway, the drivers both got out and started yelling at each other while the rest of us were sitting waiting for them to move so that we could drop our kiddos off.  A teacher appeared from somewhere and she managed to get them into their vehicles and to move to where they weren't causing an obstruction.

I felt sorry for the children, my niece said that if she had been in one of the vehicles she would have been embarrassed by the shouting and swearing which we could hear even with the windows up and the radio on.

I just cannot believe people stay in their cars waiting to get so near the school when they could have parked a little distance away and walked their children to the school if necessary. 

A few parents dropping children off right by the school were becoming a problem for safety when our son was at primary school in the eighties.  Amazing to me how times have changed even further, but we do not have grandchildren. Times do not seem to have got any better though. 

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

It’s like a local derby. Why would you want your rivals to win? 
Anyway, I’ll be gentle with you today! Sore heads and all that. 🥹

Do you see England and Wales as rivals.?

• Like 4

I managed a 3 mile walk across the local fields earlier before the rain arrived. The potatoes that I saw being planted in early May are now flowering and making a pretty sight and thistles are also flowering.

Disappointingly although I walked past 100s metres of nettles I didn’t see any evidence of caterpillars and no butterflies on the thistles, bramble or our butterfly friendly garden flowers. There were a few bees but not that many. 😩

IMG_0235.jpeg

IMG_0237.jpeg

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Do you see England and Wales as rivals.?

Neighbouring countries are sporting rivals all over the world! 

England and Scotland are rivals. Wales and Scotland are rivals. Ireland and Wales are rivals. Not just England so don’t take it personally Zapp! 

I could write an essay on the topic, but work beckons! 

41 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

England and Scotland are rivals. Wales and Scotland are rivals. Ireland and Wales are rivals. Not just England so don’t take it personally Zapp! 

But surely in our united Kingdom we work for the good of all of our fellow United Kingdomers.🤣

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, zap99 said:

But surely in our united Kingdom we work for the good of all of our fellow United Kingdomers.🤣

Home rule for Wales and Scotland, but most importantly home rule for YORKSHIRE!!!!!

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, purplesea said:

I have just realised that today is St Swithins Day, so according to folklore, we will now rain for the next 40 days! 

I think we've already paid in advance.😬

Avril

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

But neighbours are often only rivals when playing each other, I normally support close friendly neighbours when they are playing someone else. 

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

Lovely sunny day here today. Yesterday was nice as well, I’m just hoping that the good weather extended south to Edinburgh so @Megabear2 could enjoy her adventures.

Forecast for a drenching tomorrow unfortunately.

If it moved it got washed today to take advantage of the good drying weather.

• Like 4