P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Misty here too, when I went out it wasn't too bad here but it was patchy and the visibility along one of the lanes that I use was really bad so I came home along to busier roads.

I am sick of hearing about Oasis, they are well known for falling out,how long before they split up again ? 

• Like 6

The thing I remember most about Oasis is my then16 year old son being really keen to get hold of a new release of theirs on the day it came out in the summer of 1996.  We were staying in Times Square, New York at the Marriott and the biggest Virgin Megastore was opposite (since closed).  He bought the cassette tape, and I bought Simon and Garfunkel's 'Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme' album from the reduced rack for a few dollars, as I owned it on vinyl, but it had got damaged.

We then left for a driving tour of New England and guess which tape - at my son's request - got the most plays by far?  I'm sure you don't need the answer 😉

And yes, I'm fed up with the hype too and can't believe the amount people are prepared to pay to see them.  Showing my age I guess 😁

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are all ok today and had a nice weekend.

I am just back from the fracture clinic with my mum, her foot is healing well but she has to keep the boot on in the house for a few more weeks. 

I am fed up hearing about Oasis too, they will have probably fallen out again by next year anyway.

Michelle

• Like 9

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Do  you think they might need the money?

I often think that when I see an "A" lister doing an advert.

Perhaps I am just a cynic

I think it is more to do with money than anything else, give them a few years and they will be on I'm a celebrity.

Anyway on to the important stuff, crappy weather here for most of the day, seemed a bit weird this morning when it was foggy wet and yet very humid. I usually watch the Country file weather as that tends to be reasonably accurate. When the guy was explaining the weather he was showing how the jet stream may split on Wednesday with the northerly stream across northern Scotland and the southern stream below England. If this happens the weather should be fair as high pressure is trapped, however a different type of weather if the stream doesn't split. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Do  you think they might need the money?

I often think that when I see an "A" lister doing an advert.

Perhaps I am just a cynic

Rumour on social media is that Noel needs the money to fund his divorce, and Liam to pay for all his illegitimate offspring. But who believes what they read on SM?

• Haha 1

Morning ,🎵 It's that most wonderful time of the year 🎵 

When the kids go back to school,that means more room on cruise ships,

well we hope. 

Funny how some have problems ,a woman down our street is shouting 

at hers to get ready ."I don't want to go ,I feel sick and besides all the 

kids pick on me ." He cries . Look stop it your going -Your the headmaster 🙃

All have a good day wherever you are or happen to be cruising 🙂

• Haha 10

It looks a bit grey outside but hopefully it will stay dry.

Back to the school run this morning but only for Miss Grumpy, her brother is off to college to do his A-level course so is taking the bus.

We have a busy day moving furniture and taking carpets up in preparation for the new carpets being fitted tomorrow morning.

• Like 6

Had to laugh today.There's a art type shop around the corner selling framed posters and prints.Mainly West Ham,Steve Mcqueen etc,the best being the last supper with all the characters being West Ham players.Guess what was there today,you got it,an old framed Oasis poster probably still covered in cobwebs and dust,lol.

• Haha 4

Well I must be the stand-alone amongst us. I have two tickets for Oasis at Cardiff sourced and bought from onboard Aurora!  Mind you they are for the first concert in Cardiff so hopefully before they fall out and smash up each other's guitars like they did last time they played together. We just won't mention the rather large hole in my bank account!

More importantly what a testament to Aurora and P&O's WiFi that I actually got in the queue and negotiated my way through firewalls, boogie traps and collapsing apps to get the tickets in the first place.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Well I must be the stand-alone amongst us. I have two tickets for Oasis at Cardiff sourced and bought from onboard Aurora!  Mind you they are for the first concert in Cardiff so hopefully before they fall out and smash up each other's guitars like they did last time they played together. We just won't mention the rather large hole in my bank account!

More importantly what a testament to Aurora and P&O's WiFi that I actually got in the queue and negotiated my way through firewalls, boogie traps and collapsing apps to get the tickets in the first place.

Well done! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

You are not alone. I like Oasis music. I do list the Stones as one of my favorite groups. So that is probably why.

I have just found this as we were on holiday last week.

I hope you continue to enjoy the Baltics. Personally I prefer northern holidays. Much more interesting. Add in all your family..... what's not to like 🙂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

Did you encounter the dreaded dynamic pricing? Which because of the demand, I would have expected it to apply to every booking.

I have completed my first day back on the school run with the moaning girl.

While we were moving the furniture to get the old carpet up, I tripped and bashed my glasses causing one of the arms to bend so I had to have a quick trip to the optician to get them straightened.  They didn't charge for straightening them which surprised me because everywhere seems to charge for everything these days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Did you encounter the dreaded dynamic pricing? Which because of the demand, I would have expected it to apply to every booking.

I was lucky. I found two top price Amex tickets.  First time they wouldn't check out and I went to end of queue - got the bot message many encountered. Second time I used the Ipad and it was quite far into the sale so thought no go but when I got in there was a handful at £175 each.  No extras with them but they generally have really good seats via Amex so I took them.  Turns out side view 6 rows up in the lower tier so should be just up from the stage.  As ever add ons were nearly another £80.  These were same price as my Take That, Coldplay and Bruce Springsteen tickets - the first at St Mary's Southampton, the second at Cardiff and the third at Wembley. I have a feeling Amex must cap their tickets. At the time I got in earlier standing tickets were £350 each and there were 500,000 in the queue for Cardiff alone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I tripped and bashed my glasses causing one of the arms to bend so I had to have a quick trip to the optician to get them straightened.  They didn't charge for straightening them which surprised me because everywhere seems to charge for everything these days.

We have been to our options several times over the years when a screw that holds the lens in place has come loose, Never charged us either ,they are good like that .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kalos said:

We have been to our options several times over the years when a screw that holds the lens in place has come loose, Never charged us either ,they are good like that .

Never been charged for this sort of thing in Specsavers, but our old local optician charged me once for replacing the plastic nose pads. Needless to say we never went back.

I have had photographs from all 3 of my niece's who have school age children.  One sending her child off for her first day at school even though mum is the head at the school.  Another sending her 7 year old daughter and 5 year old son to his first day at school and the third's twins going into year 5.

The one that I took to school is 14 and dad took her photo because it was what mum had done every year until she passed away but the 16 year old son took off at a run for the bus to college before dad could get his phone out 🤣🤣

• Like 2

Fair day here once it brightened up.

Good start to the day I got a £1000 prize on the premium bonds which is my biggest to date. I then spent it and a chunk besides on a new car in the afternoon. I have been looking for a replacement for a few months and Citroen got me a good deal on a new petrol C3 automatic. I had considered a hybrid or full electric but we will see next time. 

• Like 11

10 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

My youngest managed to get 4 tickets for the first concert in Cardiff too! She’s the only one of the group of friends and colleagues who managed to secure tickets. 
They’re seated tickets and cost £160 each and she was towards the front of the queue on Friday. One good thing is that most people in mid/north Wales know someone who lives in Cardiff so no hotels needed. 

Edited by Ardennais
  • Like 1