P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 hours ago, brian1 said:

Morning all,woke up a bit groggy this morning and my bank account 148 quid lighter.We only had 2 plates of fish and chips.Oh yeah,and a few drinks.1000013957.thumb.jpg.5965a74b7bdc494efd47e572d482f78c.jpg1000014053.thumb.jpg.d8d76914d31a1441fb099610512e2a04.jpg

It looks like a good turn out for the reunion.  I go to a reunion with old workmates every year but we seem to be getting less each year.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

It looks like a good turn out for the reunion.  I go to a reunion with old workmates every year but we seem to be getting less each year.

This lot go back to secondary schooldays.One came from New Zealand and another came down from Wales just for the day.We meet up with most of them a couple of times a year.One of them Joe is still a working bricklayer at 67.He posted this morning on the group chat "I'm at Pret Marble Arch with a banging head",lol.

• Like 5

Last ladies match of the season done and we have all survived. I'm not sure what will happen next year because 4 of us have said that we are are giving up playing evening  matches so it is a bit of a sad end to the season even though we won the game.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, brian1 said:

Morning all,woke up a bit groggy this morning and my bank account 148 quid lighter.We only had 2 plates of fish and chips.Oh yeah,and a few drinks.1000013957.thumb.jpg.5965a74b7bdc494efd47e572d482f78c.jpg1000014053.thumb.jpg.d8d76914d31a1441fb099610512e2a04.jpg

Great photos Brian.

You both look well for 50 year olds.

• Haha 2

Morning ,looks like everyone's in snooze mode this morning 😉

Unlike me, I had the best alarm clock known to man ...Leg cramp.!!!

I was asleep one second ,the next up in a split  second .

That was a few hours ago and still feels tender .

Hope you all awake at a more sedate pace than I did 🙃

Have a good day and take care .🙂

• Like 8

Ouch kalos.  Hope it’s calmed down now

It’s actually dry here, after an incredibly wet day yesterday

We had a 📺 fest and watched Wicked Little Lies in the afternoon and T20 cricket after supper.  The film (Netflix) is a nice time waster.  Olivia Coleman and Timothy Spall, & co. Very, very sweary (that’s the focus of the story) and it’s amazing to discover it’s based on true happenings.  Questions raised in Parliament etc

I don’t know what today will bring.  Hopefully not too much more rain, but I wouldn’t stake any money on it

🤞for improvement and a decent weekend for everyone 

• Like 6

This is one of the very rare days when we can be 'weather-smug' in the north west!  It's a glorious morning and we are expecting temperatures of 25C later in the day.  Radio 2 are in Preston for Radio 2 in the Park all weekend and so I'm really pleased for everyone that they can expect the good weather.

Not a great night's sleep though - anyone else find themselves listening to the Newscast podcast on radio 5 Live around 4 am?  I can have the radio on (on timer hoping I nod off) in the night since DH is quite deaf and without hearing aids, he doesn't hear anything.  Oh for the days of 7 hours straight sleep without any loo interruptions 😉 (or cramp heh Kalos?).  

• Like 8

Morning all,

A very unsettled night for me too. I got up at 1.30am after having tossed and turned for a couple of hours, going back to bed an hour later and still continued to toss and turn the rest of the night, finally giving up when the first train went past just after 5.15am. 

After yesterday's rain it is a nice sunny day and expected to reach 18c, although yesterday's forecast for today was for more rain.

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 9

A rough night for me too - must be catching.  I woke up about 1 clutching something in my hand, I thought.  Nothing there, I was waking from a dream where I had a sandwich in it.  Strange.  So, wide awake put on BBC I player and watched Rose Ayling-Ellis finding out about her ancestors.  Although nobody noble or rich, she is such a nice character it was a pleasure to watch and be interested.  Then managed a couple more hours asleep.  One of the not many benefits of sleeping alone, you can do just what you need to to try and go back to sleep for a few hours.  Hope we all have a good weekend.

• Like 8

Nice to hear you guys oop north are getting better weather than us for a change.Walking to the gym yesterday thru a wooded area,a sudden heavy downpour and an enormous lightening bolt and clap of thunder frightened the life out of me.I thought it was right next to me but everyone in a few mile radius said the same.I wore my waterproofs for the 1st time what seems forever.Dryer today and back in shorts,Brian.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Nice to hear you guys oop north are getting better weather than us for a change.Walking to the gym yesterday thru a wooded area,,Brian.

Yep really sunny today ,You really took to going to the Gym Brian ? 🙃😉🤔

image.jpeg.45f5ddf24522f4b357c24429e4872a58.jpeg

Keep up the good work 👍

• Haha 7

I’ve always been a good sleeper. I rarely go to bed before 12.30am and mostly go around 1am. I get up between 8-9 as I work from home. I wonder if some of you with sleeping issues have tried to reset your body clock and try to go to bed later? 

• Like 1

Earlier this year I remember someone on here recommending a place to eat out in the West End area of Southampton near the Utilita Bowl Hampshire cricket ground. We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express next Saturday before our cruise and will be going out to eat that evening. I can see West End Brewery and Southampton Arms for pub grub. We normally stay more centrally in Southampton but prices even when we booked back in January were high due to 5 ships going out and the first weekend of the Boat Show!

• Like 2

Cracking sunny day here, 10oC warmer than yesterday which was damp and grey. We met up with one of my old work mates and his wife at a local farm shop cafe for breakfast. 

I hope everyone enjoys the weekend and kalos has no more overnight leg cramps. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Earlier this year I remember someone on here recommending a place to eat out in the West End area of Southampton near the Utilita Bowl Hampshire cricket ground. We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express next Saturday before our cruise and will be going out to eat that evening. I can see West End Brewery and Southampton Arms for pub grub. We normally stay more centrally in Southampton but prices even when we booked back in January were high due to 5 ships going out and the first weekend of the Boat Show!

We stayed at the Hilton super bowl(park and stay).

The West End Brewery pub is ideal for where you are staying ,.

It is a Greene king pub ,run of the mill fayre meals ,nowt special  but for the prices,

we thought a lot better than the hotel food /prices .

3 mins in car or a 15 min walk ,easy to get to where you are staying .

On the way there you will see an ASDA , turn right at the crossroads just before for

the pub car park .

Capturesuperb.jpg.dcb2ca11d6f3ba945c0cd0aabb0c2df6.jpg

westendbrewerypie.thumb.jpg.aad2c6b720105e4150a98b486bad2398.jpgwestendbrewery.thumb.jpg.4806b9c240447ec56909ed009867d7b5.jpg

Edited by kalos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, kalos said:

Yep really sunny today ,You really took to going to the Gym Brian ? 🙃😉🤔

image.jpeg.45f5ddf24522f4b357c24429e4872a58.jpeg

Keep up the good work 👍

It's better in Dundee when I was there.I got to lift pints of heavy.

• Haha 6

17 hours ago, Ardennais said:

I’ve always been a good sleeper. I rarely go to bed before 12.30am and mostly go around 1am. I get up between 8-9 as I work from home. I wonder if some of you with sleeping issues have tried to reset your body clock and try to go to bed later? 

I was a good sleeper until I retired, and for the first 12 to 18 months would still be ready for bed at 10.30pm and up like clockwork around 6.30am. As I got older my sleep patterns naturally changed, helped along by trips across the landing. Other things disturb my sleep too, mainly aches and pains and sometimes I find it difficult to relax and turn off. I'm sure many members of the Wide Awake Club are the same. I go to bed when I'm tired now, usually between 10.30pm and midnight, sometimes I sleep alright, other nights I can't, so I just accept it.

Avril

• Like 11