P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

15 hours ago, kalos said:

Brian ,the good news is the kebab is cooked but I could really do with you checking out the cooker regulator.

Every time I turn the cooker on it goes with a bit of a bang ! :classic_unsure:

I warned you,the Mafia are my mates.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Things are still the same in our little town.  I feel very lucky.  We have a Co-op stocked with most things even though it's small.  (still can't get bread flour, or any flour come to that).  Hardware store is open.  Deli is open.  Butcher is shut, but they deliver instead.  Beautiful walks to be had only 150 yards start from where I live.  It's even prettier without the traffic .

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 3

Things do feel very strange now. It seems as if we've gone back in time. There's hardly any traffic and no children running around. Even the birds are more vocal. Everywhere seems calmer and more peaceful until you see the news and realise the reason for all this peace isn't worth the price we're  having to pay.

Avril 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I think stir crazyness must be setting in with me, I found myself gawping up into the sky today looking at a lonesome vapour trail!

We live 15 minutes drive to the beach which we miss with the lockdown and watching A Place In The Sun on TV today we were pining for the sight of the sea again.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We live 15 minutes drive to the beach which we miss with the lockdown and watching A Place In The Sun on TV today we were pining for the sight of the sea again.

We live a 5min walk from the beach,but that's a no no here.There's a video going around of a jogger being chased by police on the beach and being fined 400 euro.

• Like 4

Yesterday I had my one outing a week to go shopping for us, my parents, in-laws and neighbours. The local roads seemed a lot busier which I hope is not a sign of folks getting lax with regards to staying at home.

Anyway, I was queueing to get into our local Sainsbury's and saw an older lady head straight to the front of the queue. She asked the queue manager if she could skip the queue and go straight in as she only needed "a couple of things." Before the staff and people at the front of the queue could react another lady saw her (one of her neighbours) and said not to bother as she would pick up the items for her and drop them off.

The conversation went like this:

"What do you need?" 

"Peroni."

"What?"

"Peroni - you know, Italian beer."

"Ah right, just that then?"

"Yes."

"Right, no problem. 2 bottles of Peroni."

"No! 2 of those 20 bottle cases!"

The queue manage saw me laughing and came up to me then said "Glad to see she is prioritising her essential shopping!"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

A very very nice Open Reach engineer came and fixed my landline/ WiFi Thursday!! Oh the joy! My doorbell went mental and wouldn’t stop ringing so he kindly took the battery out for me too! He sorted it all in under 20 minutes.

The day before I went into work and collected my pc etc and I’m all set up at home ready for home working. I’ve got to wait for a call next week as they didn’t let me take a phone for some reason but hopefully I’ll be working soon.

Shops quite well stocked here now but I hate all the queuing for the supermarkets. I’ve got a local Coop but I feel harassed in there as if you stop to look at anything people start backing up like dominoes!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Afternoon tea anyone? 

As we will be missing our afternoon tea on Britannia from tomorrow, Michelle ordered some to be delivered from a local bakers.. 

Andy 

IMG_20200418_110947.jpg

That looks great Andy, enjoy!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Afternoon tea anyone? 

As we will be missing our afternoon tea on Britannia from tomorrow, Michelle ordered some to be delivered from a local bakers.. 

Andy 

IMG_20200418_110947.jpg

Love this, my wife (also Michelle) suggested that we have port themed food days when our cancelled cruise would have been sailing. Clever ladies these Michelles!

So we'll be having a couple of French food days, several Spanish and, errrrr......, Gibraltar. What do any fellow passengers eat in Gibraltar? British, Spanish or just wait while you get back on-board? Maybe we'll have a deck barbecue then queue up carrying trays with a bit of fun jostling thrown in! 

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, DamianG said:

Yesterday I had my one outing a week to go shopping for us, my parents, in-laws and neighbours. The local roads seemed a lot busier which I hope is not a sign of folks getting lax with regards to staying at home.

Anyway, I was queueing to get into our local Sainsbury's and saw an older lady head straight to the front of the queue. She asked the queue manager if she could skip the queue and go straight in as she only needed "a couple of things." Before the staff and people at the front of the queue could react another lady saw her (one of her neighbours) and said not to bother as she would pick up the items for her and drop them off.

The conversation went like this:

"What do you need?" 

"Peroni."

"What?"

"Peroni - you know, Italian beer."

"Ah right, just that then?"

"Yes."

"Right, no problem. 2 bottles of Peroni."

"No! 2 of those 20 bottle cases!"

The queue manage saw me laughing and came up to me then said "Glad to see she is prioritising her essential shopping!"

Sure it wasn't one of Andy's long lost aunts.

• Haha 2

Afternoon tea is served... 
All we need is a slightly abrupt waiter rushing us out so he can get the tables ready for tonight... [emoji4]
Andy 
IMG-20200418-WA0008.thumb.jpg.8bd892c045ee5824c1284ee7ab99208e.jpg

Is that a teapottery teapot?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

1 hour ago, DamianG said:

Love this, my wife (also Michelle) suggested that we have port themed food days when our cancelled cruise would have been sailing. Clever ladies these Michelles!

So we'll be having a couple of French food days, several Spanish and, errrrr......, Gibraltar. What do any fellow passengers eat in Gibraltar? British, Spanish or just wait while you get back on-board? Maybe we'll have a deck barbecue then queue up carrying trays with a bit of fun jostling thrown in! 

Gibraltar?  Fish & Chips and a beer.  Mind you, if the ship is doing a decent deal on Duty Free Gin, I don't even bother getting off the ship there...  I'm hoping against hope that P&O will stop calling there so often once Brexit has actually happened but I doubt it as the fuel will probably still be cheap 🙁

• Like 2

Very impressive.. 
Michelle has a newly acquired fetish for interesting tea pots. 
Andy 

Quite a few come from the ’Teapottery’ in Layburn North Yorkshire. It has a factory, small, and a showroom/cafe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daiB said:

You might like these

65182a3d253548a8b9f4f84de60f7e32.jpg

Lovely collection Dai, I particularly  like the duck.

There is a shop in St Andrews that specialities in fancy tea pots. They have some amazing items on display that you would never think were teapots until you look more closely at them.

Lovely collection Dai, I particularly  like the duck.

There is a shop in St Andrews that specialities in fancy tea pots. They have some amazing items on display that you would never think were teapots until you look more closely at them.

We tend to keep away from the shop as we are running out of room for any more.

[emoji1]

• Like 3
  • Haha 1