P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I haven't seen one about Netflix but I got one a while ago about my Amazon Prime account which I don't have needs to be renewed at £99 otherwise I would lose all of my prime benefits. 

we get the Amazon prime account one ( phone call ) about every 4/5 months and we don’t have Amazon prime !! I just put the phone down immediately 

I haven't seen one about Netflix but I got one a while ago about my Amazon Prime account which I don't have needs to be renewed at £99 otherwise I would lose all of my prime benefits. 

I had the Amazon email, also a voicemail. The best one recently was DVLA. My monthly direct debit for £15 was cancelled so I'm not taxed. As my road tax us £20 pa, or £1.75 pm, I guess I can delete that. As I can't spend much in holidays, I will splash out on a whole year,🤣

10 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Scam call yesterday trying to sell an O2 phone contract. Even telling him we were ten miles from the nearest transmitter, with no signal didn’t dissuade him.

Trying to sell him a Three contract did!

We are calling about you accident. Bit late young man, he's 40 this year.🤔

• Haha 1

My non-existent Amazon Prime was only £79 to renew. A bargain compared to your £99 🥴

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Scam call yesterday trying to sell an O2 phone contract. Even telling him we were ten miles from the nearest transmitter, with no signal didn’t dissuade him.

Trying to sell him a Three contract did!

I'm with EE, and had some messages saying they were having issues with my billing, and including a link to reset my details.As if I wouldn't notice it didn't come from the EE number?? I'm not that stupid!! 

My daughter had a letter from  the IRS saying she owed some money and would have a court summons if it wasn't paid within the week. She panicked and phoned me. I told her not to take anything like that at face value and go straight to the source. She contacted the IRS and was told they were aware of the scam and to ignore it. You've definitely got to be on the ball nowadays.

Avril

3 hours ago, pete14 said:

This is a reminder that our 40th wedding anniversary was in April but we weren’t able to celebrate as we would have liked. The Iona maiden cruise was booked partially as a late celebration. I guess the 41st anniversary may have greater celebration than usual next year.

Vaccine  trial appointment this afternoon was OK but took 3 hours. I mentioned Wednesday to them on one of the many occasions they apologised and they admitted it was a fraught day (I didn’t say how I had found out). Arm seems fine at the moment.

We were supposed to go on Ventura getting back today to celebrate and then going to Baby Russets on Sunday with our brothers and sisters for a family meal on Sunday but we will celebrate whenever we eventually get out of this mess.sorry

I felt sorry for the vaccine trial staff on Wednesday they were run off their feet, they were constantly apologising for the delays but as I see it, it is not their fault that something has gone wrong with the scheduling of appointments.  My next appointment is Friday 27th but it is supposed to be shorter because there is no vaccine to be administered.

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

We are calling about you accident. Bit late young man, he's 40 this year.🤔

I had a scam call about a traffic accident. Told the caller that I was glad he had called, as my wife had been decapitated in the accident. He immediately asked (from his script),  how is she feeling  now?

Seriously , never ever give any information to any unsolicited phone call. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We were supposed to go on Ventura getting back today to celebrate and then going to Baby Russets on Sunday with our brothers and sisters for a family meal on Sunday but we will celebrate whenever we eventually get out of this mess.sorry

I felt sorry for the vaccine trial staff on Wednesday they were run off their feet, they were constantly apologising for the delays but as I see it, it is not their fault that something has gone wrong with the scheduling of appointments.  My next appointment is Friday 27th but it is supposed to be shorter because there is no vaccine to be administered.

We should also have arrived back in Southampton this morning on Ventura after a visit to the Canaries. Such a shame we couldn’t go. 

I assumed your next appointment would have been Wednesday 25th. As it happens, we will also be there on Friday 27th (mid-morning). I hope your ‘injection site’ is improved, I don’t seem to have the same problem. 🙂

Edited by pete14

7 hours ago, pete14 said:

We should also have arrived back in Southampton this morning on Ventura after a visit to the Canaries. Such a shame we couldn’t go. 

I assumed your next appointment would have been Wednesday 25th. As it happens, we will also be there on Friday 27th (mid-morning). I hope your ‘injection site’ is improved, I don’t seem to have the same problem. 🙂

They reason I have Friday is because I specifically asked for a morning appointment because I didn't want to be still there at 6:30 again (I know that it is irrational but I hate driving in the dark) and Friday was the only day that they had morning appointments, my appointment is also mid-morning.

20 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

My niece has just called me her husband came home from work on Tuesday feeling ill, he had a covid test on Wednesday and had the result this morning telling him he is positive.  They now all have to isolate and she has got to speak to her consultant about what to do about her next chemo session which is 2 weeks today. Just when you think things can't get worse they do ☹️☹️

Oh no Josy,  just the news you didn’t want. My best wishes to you all, hope it’s a mild dose and and the chemo treatment isn’t affected.

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 1

They reason I have Friday is because I specifically asked for a morning appointment because I didn't want to be still there at 6:30 again (I know that it is irrational but I hate driving in the dark) and Friday was the only day that they had morning appointments, my appointment is also mid-morning.

Unknowingly, our paths may cross (at a safe distance). 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AnnieC said:

Beware all you lovely people - there are some very convincing Royal Mail scam emails doing the rounds; the one I've seen says that they were unable to deliver a parcel due to insufficient postage and asking you to pay the balance of postage via a link. An  intelligent and cautious friend has just fallen for it, as has someone on our village fb page. 

Sadly we hardly get any post nowadays so that would stick out to me! I believe that one has been doing the rounds for a couple of years I remember seeing it on Watchdog.

My parents keep getting the Amazon phone call but they just slam the phone down now!

On 11/13/2020 at 7:22 AM, grapau27 said:

Tested positive for covid19.

Got result around 7 am this morning.

Graham

Sorry to hear this Graham, just trying to catch up with all the news.

Glad to hear Pauline is looking after you and hope she doesn’t get it.

Hope you’re feeling better today, hopefully you had the worse a few days ago.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, DamianG said:

I can top that, one of the cooks signed in for her shift at my son's school on Tuesday using an electronic screen which required you to confirm that you have no COVID 19 symptons. She then went in the kitchen, started coughing and cried. She said that she was having trouble breathing but it would be okay as she had already booked a coronavirus test for the following day.

The staff screamed at her to get out and alerted the office staff who then made her leave the premises immediately though of course it was too late. On Wednesday the test came through as positive and all the school kitchen staff were told to remain home and isolate. 

The school managed to get temporary staff in but can't next week until Wednesday so it's packed lunches all round.

As you said, what is wrong with some people?

That is shocking!! One of the men turned up at my husband’s warehouse yesterday and was sent home within 10 minutes as he told them he had symptoms!! What is wrong with people?? They’ve got a dedicated sick line number so it’s no hardship to phone up 🙄 Luckily my husband didn’t see him yesterday and he says he hadn’t really been near him for days so I’m crossing everything he doesn’t start feeling ill.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

That is shocking!! One of the men turned up at my husband’s warehouse yesterday and was sent home within 10 minutes as he told them he had symptoms!! What is wrong with people?? They’ve got a dedicated sick line number so it’s no hardship to phone up 🙄 Luckily my husband didn’t see him yesterday and he says he hadn’t really been near him for days so I’m crossing everything he doesn’t start feeling ill.

I wish people would realise how serious this is and not put others at risk.  My niece's husband says that he must have caught it at work because he has not been anywhere other than work and home because he didn't want to catch even a cold because my niece's immune system is compromised by her treatment at the moment.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Sorry to hear this Graham, just trying to catch up with all the news.

Glad to hear Pauline is looking after you and hope she doesn’t get it.

Hope you’re feeling better today, hopefully you had the worse a few days ago.

Thanks Sue.

Graham.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kalos said:

How are you feeling this morning Graham , did you get a good nights rest ?

I hope so :classic_smile:

Thanks Kalos I really appreciate your concern.

Pauline put 5 pillows behind me to prop me up in bed last night rather than laying flat like I had been and it seemed to help me sleep better.

Talking and walking up and down the stairs causes shortness of breath.

At the moment I can still do some deep breathing exercises so I'm happy with that.

Take care Kalos as this thing is unpleasant.

Graham.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Kalos I really appreciate your concern.

Pauline put 5 pillows behind me to prop me up in bed last night rather than laying flat like I had been and it seemed to help me sleep better.

Talking and walking up and down the stairs causes shortness of breath.

At the moment I can still do some deep breathing exercises so I'm happy with that.

Take care Kalos as this thing is unpleasant.

Graham.

You take care mate , you will get there :classic_smile:

To cheer you up today as you are now in quarantine maybe Pauline could send off for this 

recording for you ? :classic_wink::classic_unsure::classic_smile::classic_biggrin: Get well soon !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kalos said:

You take care mate , you will get there :classic_smile:

To cheer you up today as you are now in quarantine maybe Pauline could send off for this 

recording for you ? :classic_wink::classic_unsure::classic_smile::classic_biggrin: Get well soon !

I was in a restaurant before lockdown and the waiter gave me the menu and asked if I wanted to hear the Specials... 

You can guess the rest. 😊

Andy 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3