P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Oh dear, if yours is in doubt then then our Arcadia Fjords for June 24th is a definite no-go. I was kind of half expecting it when Moley said he 'thought' that P&O would begin to test the waters again in April, with hopefully a gradual roll out at the end of that month.

Avril

Hi

I hope you all get to go on your Cruise's, my first one is in October this year.

• Like 6

Hello Nick

I too have lurked and read for several months and only just got brave enough to post. Everyone has been so friendly and welcoming that I wish I'd done it sooner. 

Happy New Year and a huge welcome to the forum.

Best wishes.

Jane

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Happy New Year everyone

Welcome new posters

Happy Birthday, birthday people

I’m stiff and sore today after my encounter with black ice yesterday.  It didn’t hurt at all at the time.  I think a hot bath this afternoon should help.  It’s still very cold and frosty here, with a little easing forecast for the afternoon.  

We should have been boarding Iona tomorrow for back-to-backs to Iberian peninsula and Canaries.  😢

Happy New Year, I hope you are feeling a bit better after your fall yesterday.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Hello Nick

I too have lurked and read for several months and only just got brave enough to post. Everyone has been so friendly and welcoming that I wish I'd done it sooner. 

Happy New Year and a huge welcome to the forum.

Best wishes.

Jane

Happy New Year Jane and Nickie

I have done the same lurked and got some excellent advice on the way, I thought new beginning's it was time to join the gang.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Yes Harry has been very quiet for a while. I hope he is well.

I'm sure he's just having a relaxing, indulgent and peaceful Christmas and is now recovering from an excess of good food, favourite cheeses and wine🤞😊

Avril

• Like 7

Thank you Amelia (Welcome to the forum by the way)

I’m a bit stiff and sore today but basically I’m fine.  Met a lot of people on the dog walk today who had also hit the deck yesterday.  It really was treacherous.  Happily we’re all mending.  Nobody wants to be in A&E with sprains or fractures at any time and certainly not now.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Salad cream goes well with chips

Love chips and mayonnaise. One of my favourite things in Brugge along with a nice cold beer followed by chocolate. 

I haven’t tried salad cream, a first time for everything.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

In certain areas the fish shops deep fry Mars bars and other chocolate bars.

I tried a deep fried Mars bar, absolutely disgusting. Only managed one mouthful.

They are however very popular with tourists along with things like haggis, irn bru flavoured sorbet, Edinburgh rock and tablet. Trial by food.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Thank you Amelia (Welcome to the forum by the way)

I’m a bit stiff and sore today but basically I’m fine.  Met a lot of people on the dog walk today who had also hit the deck yesterday.  It really was treacherous.  Happily we’re all mending.  Nobody wants to be in A&E with sprains or fractures at any time and certainly not now.

Thank you for your welcome

Pleased to here you are basically fine, nothing worse than black ice. Take care

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm sure he's just having a relaxing, indulgent and peaceful Christmas and is now recovering from an excess of good food, favourite cheeses and wine🤞😊

Avril

@HarryPeterson.

Hope you had a great Christmas Harry and all the best for 2021.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, nicki-k said:

No worries Jane, I'm called Nicki or Nick by family and friends and Nicola by my Mum when I'm in trouble even though I'm 52 now 🤣

That comment really made me chuckle. I'm the youngest of 3 girls, and when mum got angry at me she would shout Barbara, Patricia, Avril. If I'd had more siblings I would have had more time to escape😄

Avril

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AnnieC said:

For a complete change of subject, I have just been watching a cookery programme that alleged people from Staffordshire ate gravy with their chips.🤢 As we have a sizeable Stoke contingent on here, I'm curious to know if this is correct?

Yes of course we do sometimes - can't see why that is so odd ... it does taste very very nice, particularly if there is a Wright's Pie on the plate too 🙂

• Like 3

Anyone else remember when the Chippy's sold very little ?

Back in the 1960's our local chippy sold Fish , chips ,fish cake and mushy peas.

That was it , no trays , it came served /wrapped in newspaper.

The only thing you could get extra was scraps pieces of batter left over from  the

fryer as a by-product of frying fish. They were free so very popular with the kids .

Never seem to hear anyone asking for them or even offered them now.:classic_unsure:

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, nicki-k said:

No worries Jane, I'm called Nicki or Nick by family and friends and Nicola by my Mum when I'm in trouble even though I'm 52 now 🤣

Hi, just reread today and have just realised that I never said 'Hello and welcome to the best part of CC.' We have a fab moderator too -- and she is a star of T.V. now too 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kalos said:

Back in the 1960's our local chippy sold Fish , chips ,fish cake and mushy peas.

The only thing you could get extra was scraps pieces of batter left over from  the

fryer as a by-product of frying fish. They were free so very popular with the kids .

Never seem to hear anyone asking for them or even offered them now.:classic_unsure:

Loved the wooden forks you used with your newspaper ---- yummy. 

Remember many a happy holiday in Goodrington / Paignton and there was a fab fish and chip shop just past the harbour. They were always confused when  we asked for mushy peas and we were horrified when they gave us peas that had come from a tin ........

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

Our fish shops have a space in the fryer for batter.

Paulines late mam loved fish and chips with lots of batter.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Our fish shops have a space in the fryer for batter.

Paulines late mam loved fish and chips with lots of batter.

My mum and dad loved tripe from our chippy --- now I still don't get that. Pickled eggs too. Yuk

Have NO idea what they would have made of curry sauce with their chips 'n mushy peas ---- 

Have just remembered potato fritters too ------ loads of batter on those.

How we have all survived this long with all of this unhealthy food eh 😉

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 2