P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

f you’re local to the ME8 postcode you’re welcome to have some of our jigsaw puzzles, we have too many and can’t take them to the charity shops at the moment.

Sorry.. I did reply earlier but it flew off somewhere!!

I am in ME13, but soon to move to ME9 Newington.  I hope!

If a bit nearer and allowed I would have bitten your hand off.   Thank you.

• Like 1

Tonight I will cook silly little things, spring rolls, filo prawns etc, and join my daughter's inlaws in a game of Zoom Bingo.   I can't wait to see what a muddle my other half gets into. I'm useless too.  I understand some can handle six cards... I don't know if I can do one.  It will be a hoot.

Friends of ours are dressing warm and going out to their little summerhouse for a barbecue.  just the two of them.. then doing a zoom quiz.

It seems people are trying to do something a bit different for a bit of fun.

Are you up to anything different or dodgy???

Edited by indiana123
my spellings getting worse!!!!

Fireworks have started here!  People are desperate to see the end of 2020 🙄

I hope CC forum dogs are ok with the pops and bangs.  Delighted our scruff-ball appears to be bombproof.  She’s been with me at the window, watching and listening

We’re having a G&T before

Rabbit, pork, chicken liver and pistachio terrine, served with a slice of grilled sourdough bread and cornichons

a break

Confit duck leg and wild mushroom cassoulet

Shiraz with the first 2 courses

a break

Lemon & Armagnac posset with raspberries and wafers

a break

Something bubbly at midnight

Zzzzzz

If I don’t make it back this evening, after all that lot,

HAPPY & HEALTHY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! 💥 🎆 🎇 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Sorry.. I did reply earlier but it flew off somewhere!!

I am in ME13, but soon to move to ME9 Newington.  I hope!

If a bit nearer and allowed I would have bitten your hand off.   Thank you.

Oh well never mind. I hope you manage to find some 😊

• Like 1

On 12/28/2020 at 9:56 PM, grapau27 said:

Thornton's chocolates have several shops and a cafe inside selling toasties and various cakes and cookies plus hot drinks.

We used to have one in the outlet centre near us in the old Chatham Dockyard. Unfortunately when they moved some shops around the Thornton’s closed 😞

• Like 2

Just a quick message now to wish you all a very happy and blessed New Year 2021. Thank you for being on the end of a keyboard for us / with us both this year and we look forward to a better year and the chance to meet up one day in the not too distant future. 

Enjoy the bongs of Big Ben and really celebrate leaving this year behind at midnight !!!!!!!!

To those of you who have birthdays - happy birthday over the coming month. Have lost track of who you all are as there are so many !

Us Prestos xx

• Like 11

1 minute ago, P&O SUE said:

We used to have one in the outlet centre near us in the old Chatham Dockyard. Unfortunately when they moved some shops around the Thornton’s closed 😞

The Thornton's at Royal Quays outlet near North Shields cruise terminal has closed.

5 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I used to work in the Dockyard area, and we went to Thornton’s most lunchtimes for coffee

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Just a quick message now to wish you all a very happy and blessed New Year 2021. Thank you for being on the end of a keyboard for us / with us both this year and we look forward to a better year and the chance to meet up one day in the not too distant future. 

Enjoy the bongs of Big Ben and really celebrate leaving this year behind at midnight !!!!!!!!

To those of you who have birthdays - happy birthday over the coming month. Have lost track of who you all are as there are so many !

Us Prestos xx

I hope you have a lovely night.

Happy New Year to you both.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I used to work in the Dockyard area, and we went to Thornton’s most lunchtimes for coffee

My friend and I went , I had a black coffee and cake and she thought she was being good just having a hot chocolate- it was enormous and had loads of marshmallows on it 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, P&O SUE said:

My friend and I went , I had a black coffee and cake and she thought she was being good just having a hot chocolate- it was enormous and had loads of marshmallows on it 😆

Nothing in liquid form is fattening: hot chocolate, wine, brandy. Not a single calorie in any of them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Nothing in liquid form is fattening: hot chocolate, wine, brandy. Not a single calorie in any of them. 

You beat me to it Grapau I was just wondering if a giant box of Ferraro Rochers would melt ok.

I didn't know about no calories in liquids, but did know that when I used to meet my mates for coffee and cakes it was always Tuesdays,  We were reliably informed there were no calories on Tuesdays.🙃

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Just melted a 400g bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk.😊

😂

Cold food likewise - if it's on the salad bar it contains no calories: coleslaw, potato salad, rice, pasta, dressings, all have miraculous slimming qualities. My late husband was utterly convinced of this and nothing would budge him.

Edited by AnnieC
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

You beat me to it Grapau I was just wondering if a giant box of Ferraro Rochers would melt ok.

I didn't know about no calories in liquids, but did know that when I used to meet my mates for coffee and cakes it was always Tuesdays,  We were reliably informed there were no calories on Tuesdays.🙃

Defrost setting on microwave.

We do this regularly to dip Strawberries in and place them on grease proof paper on a tray in the fridge for the chocolate to harden.

Graham.

Just to wish everybody a happier new year in 2021. Still looking forward to Norway at the beginning of August on Aurora but if that doesn’t happen, it will be Spain in November on Iona (hopefully not her maiden cruise).

Thought that for the first time for many a New Year, I might slope off to bed before midnight but if the sporadic fireworks that are already going off are anything to go by, midnight is going to be very noisy. I have given Charlie the dog a herbal sedative but he will be more unsettled later than he already is.

Happy new year and thanks to everybody on CC for being so supportive of each other this year, even if we don’t always agree.

• Like 12

Wishing everyone on here a safe and healthy 2021 and I thank you all for all the interesting debates and conversations on here.

Fireworks been going off here sporadically since 5pm - which is unusual and I agree with Pete14 that it doesn’t bode well for later.

Gill x

• Like 11