P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Just now, purplesea said:

I like the snow too. Last time we had snow here was 2 years ago and I fell and broke my elbow and ended having 5 weeks off work

Och! That’s the problem with ice and snow, broken bones.

We went to Austria on a skiing holiday a few years ago and I fell on day 1. Thankfully nothing broken but my knee was swollen so badly it was all apres ski. Of course it had to happen abroad and not at Glenshee!

50 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

When I was a child, we always had a whist drive in the village for new year’s eve. Then after the teas, coffees and cake, the villagers would all sing hymns before counting in the new year. Such wonderful memories of the village hall full of laughter - from babies to centenarians. For the last 20 years, my parents, siblings and their families have all come to ours for new year’s eve so it will be strange this year. 

Yes it is a family time and we will all miss seeing our loved ones. 

We used to have whist and beetle drives at our church regularly. Daffodil teas were also popular in spring.

blwyddyn Newydd Dda / 
bliadhna Mhath Ùr

• Like 1

Well that's the end of my planned birthday trip to Truro in January.  Both Cornwall and Devon are now in Tier 3, which personally I feel is very sad.  We only have 92 cases per 100k, compared to hundreds of cases per 100K in other areas.  Unfortunately some parts of Devon are a lot higher than us. Hey ho.

Edited by jeanlyon

3 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Well that's the end of my planned birthday trip to Truro in January.  Both Cornwall and Devon are now in Tier 3, which personally I feel is very sad.  We only have 92 cases per 100k, compared to hundreds of cases per 100K in other areas.  Unfortunately some parts of Devon are a lot higher than us. Hey ho.

That is so sad Jeanlyon, there doesn't seem to be a reason with some of it but it is inevitable I suppose. Rates are falling in our city, but not in all areas. Ironically we live in one of the highest of the city and work in another. Hey ho.

My hubby missed his birthday break in April,  but thankfully, we managed a nice day out for my birthday in October. Hubby has a big birthday in April and it was supposed to be on Azura, but we cancelled that so it looks like Chez Nous and M&S Dine in for 2 !

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I suspect my birthday will be spent in lockdown too along with my daughter as our birthdays are in January as well.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I suspect my birthday will be spent in lockdown too along with my daughter as our birthdays are in January as well.

All the best people are in January!!  My Mum was the 6th, my brother is the 24th and I'm the 26th.  My father was the 17th!  Strange innit.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2020 at 7:11 PM, yorkshirephil said:

They are mainly at the outlets, York, Junction 32, Cheshire oaks, there is 1 in Liverpool and 2 in Derby. They sell delicious cakes and pastries.

There's one at Dalton Park, Murton as well. Though it's a  bit too far for some of you to travel to. This photo was taken the day that DP re-opened after the full lockdown, with some of the shops remaining closed.

Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been on here for a while and don't usually follow this thread.

IMG_3629.JPG

• Like 1

Just been reading that Blackpool is now Tier 4 stay at home .

They have announced that tonight they are turning the lights off

to deter people coming to see them .They do not want visitors .

Some places are showing level 4 that I thought were better than South Yorkshire .

North East & North Lincs are showing level 4, so lets up Wowzz has a good stockpile 

of his wines . Even Sunderland is showing level 4 and I thought they were no worse 

than places in South Yorkshire ,which stay at Level 3 . To be honest I thought we could

end up in 4 before some I have mentioned .

Whatever level you are ,Stay safe & take care !

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

All the best people are in January!!  My Mum was the 6th, my brother is the 24th and I'm the 26th.  My father was the 17th!  Strange innit.

Of course!! My daughter's is the 22nd, mine the 24th and my niece's 26th.  Also my friend's brother's is the 24th.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, emam said:

There's one at Dalton Park, Murton as well. Though it's a  bit too far for some of you to travel to. This photo was taken the day that DP re-opened after the full lockdown, with some of the shops remaining closed.

Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been on here for a while and don't usually follow this thread.

IMG_3629.JPG

Thanks for the update, when things settle down we will give it a go when next in Durham, I love Durham, I stayed for 7 months when working at Bearpark colliery during the miners strike.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

It is a pain, I agree. Gwynedd only had 71 cases per 100k but all of Wales is  Tier 4. I still think though that it’s the best approach and simplifies the rules for all. Let’s just hope that people stick to the rules and that we can all safely get on with our lives before long. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

It is a pain, I agree. Gwynedd only had 71 cases per 100k but all of Wales is  Tier 4. I still think though that it’s the best approach and simplifies the rules for all. Let’s just hope that people stick to the rules and that we can all safely get on with our lives before long. 

I hope people do stick to the rules, todays infection and death stats are shocking, we have stayed in tier 3 but I was half hoping it would be 4, we are now surrounded by tier 4 and I just know there will be people coming to us to go shopping.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

We celebrate our 56th wedding anniversary on 28th and my BIL will be 85 on 26th

Avril

• Like 1

We have gone up to tier 4 even though rates have fallen in our part of Derbyshire.However I am pleased because the more that can be done to control the virus the better.Pleased also that I had my hair cut yesterday!!Hopefully with more areas in Tier 4 and the Oxford vaccine being rolled out next week things should start to improve

• Like 2

1 minute ago, yorkshirephil said:

I hope people do stick to the rules, todays infection and death stats are shocking, we have stayed in tier 3 but I was half hoping it would be 4, we are now surrounded by tier 4 and I just know there will be people coming to us to go shopping.

That is worrying. Some of the rural English counties bordering Wales will be Tier 3 (Herefordshire, Shropshire) and I just hope that no silly people from Wales will be tempted to go shopping there and that no irresponsible residents from those areas decide to hop over the border to visit our national parks or a trip to the seaside! 

48 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Think about another way Jean. The holiday home owners can't come.

Avril

• Like 1