P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

55 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Chinese New Year is Feb 12.  Never know, you may be able to dine in the restaurant for that one.  Positive thinking and all that...🍾

Let’s hope we can. I miss eating out. I’m not a bad cook but it is always nice to get it made for you.

As you say positive thinking.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Presto2 said:

We are Tier 3 at the moment, but it hasn't made a great deal of difference - am expecting us to hit T4 today.

(Have to smile, remember the days when you used T1,Y2 and T3 to talk about which terminal you were flying from from the airport ------- )

Some of the reports today seem to think the Stoke contingent will soon be joining us. I'll pop the wine in the 'fridge.🙂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

You can tell I am stuck inside today, it is very very cold here and more snow forecast. I’m indoors keeping cosy and flicking through holiday brochures between posts, craving some sunshine.

I need to go on a diet in January or my sunshine clothes and formal outfits just won’t fit. Lockdown has not been good for my wasteline!

Forget it they are gone ,thanks to our wonderful mod :classic_love:

Thought it time I did something constructive , so I ran the car on our drive for ten minutes ,

to clear the snow off it as well .   Is it just me ?

All year round I have the car window scraper knocking around in the car 

or in the boot .First time I need it .. yep you got it .. cannot find it and it aint a cheap one had it for years .

Never mind ,roll on the next heat wave and I'm sure it will turn up again :classic_unsure:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, kalos said:

Forget it they are gone ,thanks to our wonderful mod :classic_love:

Thought it time I did something constructive , so I ran the car on our drive for ten minutes ,

to clear the snow off it as well .   Is it just me ?

All year round I have the car window scraper knocking around in the car 

or in the boot .First time I need it .. yep you got it .. cannot find it and it aint a cheap one had it for years .

Never mind ,roll on the next heat wave and I'm sure it will turn up again :classic_unsure:

Typical! You trip over things all year then can’t find them when you need them.

This time of year we keep scrapers,  shovels, blankets, water, Mars bars etc in the car in case we get stuck.

A heat wave is a lovely dream at the monument.

• Like 3

When I was a child, we always had a whist drive in the village for new year’s eve. Then after the teas, coffees and cake, the villagers would all sing hymns before counting in the new year. Such wonderful memories of the village hall full of laughter - from babies to centenarians. For the last 20 years, my parents, siblings and their families have all come to ours for new year’s eve so it will be strange this year. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eglesbrech said:

Typical! You trip over things all year then can’t find them when you need them.

This time of year we keep scrapers,  shovels, blankets, water, Mars bars etc in the car in case we get stuck.

A heat wave is a lovely dream at the monument.

I would normally but with the MOT six month extensions I took everything out of the car 

for a recent test .Weather has been crap ever since and you think I will sort it out another 

day ,which turns into weeks . Thought I had put everything back, but we all know what

happened to thought :classic_unsure: At least I have put our bright yellow hi viz jackets into the boot ,

the type you see the police wear ,they are warm as toast .

20 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Some of the reports today seem to think the Stoke contingent will soon be joining us. I'll pop the wine in the 'fridge.🙂

I suppose for us it won't make a lot of difference at all but will for some. Before the Christmas holidays we were in work all week and then decided to stay home at the weekends. (Mainly to try to chill out).

Saved us a fortune in clothes shopping bills, but over the holidays I have rediscovered shopping on so the poor man has no chance, T4 or no T4. 🙂

PS We called in at Whitebridge Wines, Stone, before Christmas and stocked up so are ok for the wine - they also deliver now so even safer 😉 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Trying to uninstall predictive text 😀

My friend sent me a Christmas message and what he meant to say changed to something he definitely did not mean to say!

Oh come on, you are among friends ----- please tell what it said 🙂

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jeanlyon said:

Restocked wine supplies from Tesco yesterday.  I was quite shocked at how civilised it was.  Hardly anyone there.

My beloved has been out protecting the wine supplies as the temperatures are so low it could freeze, they have before with corks pushing out. It made quite a mess. Sucking red wine ice cubes was not much fun.

Glad you have your stocks in Jean.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Restocked wine supplies from Tesco yesterday.  I was quite shocked at how civilised it was.  Hardly anyone there.

I went in our local M & S food hall yesterday and it was unusually quiet as well. 
Just been out for a walk with the dogs, lots of people out & about having a walk. Now sat down waiting for “The Announcement” at 3pm.

Stay safe everyone 

Michelle

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I went in our local M & S food hall yesterday and it was unusually quiet as well. 
Just been out for a walk with the dogs, lots of people out & about having a walk. Now sat down waiting for “The Announcement” at 3pm.

Stay safe everyone 

Michelle

We've just got back - mad at ours so glad we had booked a slot and could walk past the massive queue.

It has been snowing quite heavily here - shame it has gone off. Do love the snow