P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

6 minutes ago, pete14 said:

At least you have understood the cryptic comment. The church on the hill is where James Brindley is buried. 

We used to go to that church for about 20 years - that's why we recognised it. We thought it was St Michael's at first 😉

6 minutes ago, kalos said:

Looking back two years ago tonight we were on board the  Oceana

sailing into a New Year ,not a care in the world ..Happy Days :classic_smile::classic_love:

Oh no someone mentioned the O word ------------------------------ imagine hysterical sobbing ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Yes, I was reading that NHS leave has been cancelled in some areas and that a few hospitals are considering setting up triage tents as they are being overwhelmed. Now that prospect really frightens me, I’ve read the triage guidance written at the start of this back in March.

Hogmanay will be quiet this year. We normally have a large party or go away with family. This year just the 2 of us, some good food and an old bottle of whisky to toast the new and hopefully better year.

You may be tempted, but a word of advice. Don't drink the whole bottle in one go. I will make a bottle of brandy last 2, or 3 days🤣

9 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Our vet recommended these for our nervous cat. Worked brilliantly. We have since recommended it to friends with nervous dogs and they are thrilled with the result. Give them a go - they are herbal

Dorwest Herbs Scullcap & Valerian Tablets - 100 tablets: Amazon.co.uk: Grocery

Thank you. Will try them.

So new topic - New Years resolutions? Is anyone planning any and if so what.

Mine should be to lose some weight but I’ve tried that one for years and it never works. 

If this year has taught me anything it is who and what I truly value so for the coming year my resolution is to make sure I do the things I love and show those I love how much they mean to me.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I've just liked this by mistake - not sure how to undo it Sharon

Go back to the like as if you were going to like it again hit the little "x" and it's gone . :classic_smile:

A bit like that ship we cannot mention :classic_wink: :classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Within our circle of close friends, 3 have or have had Covid.  2 work at the local hospital the other is a teacher's assistant, and her husband has been shielding since March.

Of our wider circle of friends kids/friends/acquaintances etc, another 3 have also tested positive. 1 is another teacher's assistant, the other 2 are students who tested positive after someone at their college brought it into the college.  And 2 people who we don't know, but were known to friends were admitted to hospital with non covid issues, but caught covid in the hospital and subsequently died.

I am more inclined to believe that you are more likely to catch covid in hospital or an educational establishment than in a shop bar/pub/restaurant etc.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, kalos said:

Looking back two years ago tonight we were on board the  Oceana

sailing into a New Year ,not a care in the world ..Happy Days :classic_smile::classic_love:

34 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Oh no someone mentioned the O word ------------------------------ imagine hysterical sobbing ....

Another mention of the O word then.  Except for us two years ago it was Oriana.  Happy days indeed 😀

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

The shops were glad for the business and weren't bothered where people were from

That sentence is one of the reasons that things are out of control again. I'm not criticising anyone for their misinterpretation of some of the rules, nor do I wish to step into this minefield, but it is patently obvious that the powers that be are relying too much on our commonsense and good judgement. I realised during the first lockdown that not much of either existed, and the longer the rules are there the less notice they take of them.  We can only do what we think is right, and take responsibilty for our own actions. 

Avril

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

So new topic - New Years resolutions? Is anyone planning any and if so what.

Mine should be to lose some weight but I’ve tried that one for years and it never works. 

If this year has taught me anything it is who and what I truly value so for the coming year my resolution is to make sure I do the things I love and show those I love how much they mean to me.

You as well ,! Mine is to lose 7 lb's after i get rid of this other 7lb from last years resolution 

Also my other  New Years resolution is to finally go to the gym...

... and cancel that membership I’m been wasting money on every month since last year.:classic_unsure:

I was going to quit all my bad habits as well for this New Year ...

... but then I remembered that nobody likes a quitter ! :classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Our vet recommended these for our nervous cat. Worked brilliantly. We have since recommended it to friends with nervous dogs and they are thrilled with the result. Give them a go - they are herbal

Dorwest Herbs Scullcap & Valerian Tablets - 100 tablets: Amazon.co.uk: Grocery

I wish I knew about those when we had our lovely Border Collie. She was so frightened that she'd jump onto the sofa and shuffle right up behind me  so far that she'd shove me on the floor. Bless her😊

Avril

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

I've just liked this by mistake - not sure how to undo it Sharon

Click on the x on the like and you can remove or change it. Late again, kalos beat me to, I'm still playing catch up😁

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I wish I knew about those when we had our lovely Border Collie. She was so frightened that she'd jump onto the sofa and shuffle right up behind me  so far that she'd shove me on the floor. Bless her😊

Avril

DW still does that. If I'm lucky🤣

• Haha 2

With regard to NYE, we do normally manage to stay up and welcome in the New Year, watching Jools Holland. Always enjoy watching Ruby Turner strutt her stuff!

Must admit though, that we normally have to watch the show again later on New Year's Day, as for some reason we don't always remember seeing all the acts!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

With regard to NYE, we do normally manage to stay up and welcome in the New Year, watching Jools Holland. Always enjoy watching Ruby Turner strutt her stuff!

Must admit though, that we normally have to watch the show again later on New Year's Day, as for some reason we don't always remember seeing all the acts!

I think the last time we deliberately stayed up to see in the new year, was at the millennium, when the firework displays from peoples gardens were new and spectacular.  Since then the fireworks just seem to get more tediously annoying, maybe I am getting too old and grumpy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I think the last time we deliberately stayed up to see in the new year, was at the millennium, when the firework displays from peoples gardens were new and spectacular.  Since then the fireworks just seem to get more tediously annoying, maybe I am getting too old and grumpy.

Well, that was 20 odd years ago. I think we've all become older and grumpier in the interim!

• Haha 1

We normally meet up with friends (8 to 10 of us) on NYE and I had wondered about suggesting a Zoom meeting to toast the New Year but haven't got round to it so it will probably just be me and the hubby staying up.Surely 2021 has to be an improvement on 2020?!

• Like 2

We usually cruise over Christmas and New Year.   Last year it was on the 'O' word I mustn't mention🤣

There will only be two of us   here but apparently my daughter and the outlaws said we are going to play bingo on Zoom.  Tonight's quiz with them was a riot so New Years Eve should be funny.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

We stayed up last New Years Eve for the first time in years, but it was worth it watching the fireworks over Hamburg from the deck of Ventura.. 

Seems so long ago... 

Andy