P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

PS All of them seem to be saying different things at the moment as usual. One day they will all work together .......

As Aragorn said in return of the king...........but not this day..🤣

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Absolutely, but I would like to take DW to some nice hotel for her birthday/valentine's. Mid February .Devon looks nice and a warm welcome to the county will be assured. Won't it Jean? Or St Ives. Ok purplesea?

I hope you are right. But can't see it.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Hi folks, thanks for all the messages of support last night - it meant a lot. Was feeling down last night having read the comments on one on line newspaper and though I try not to let it get to me it does.

Have just checked your messages out.  🙂

Today has been crazy to say the least, but we await the announcement at 8pm. Dread to think what it will say as we always find out what is happening with everyone else. For all we know, we could all be closed tomorrow !!!!!

Whatever the announcement tonight I hope there is some form of protection for teachers - you really have been hung out to dry by this shower of incompetents x

• Like 11

Just now, lancashire_cruisers said:

Whatever the announcement tonight I hope there is some form of protection for teachers - you really have been hung out to dry by this shower of incompetents x

I couldn't have put it better ...... 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Not particularly, but I'm sure you would supply them if required. One point I would like to make though. Do you think that the main requirement for any governmental post is a certificate of perfection,?because at the end of the day we're all human, and as such are not infallible.

Avril

Basic competence would be a good start.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Basic competence would be a good start.

Unless you are totally blinkered, I find it difficult to comprehend how you assume that the govt lacks basic competence.

If you read about many other european countries including Scotland, they have experienced very similar problems to the UK, so by extension you are assuming that the majority of european politicians are incompetent.

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, terrierjohn said:

Unless you are totally blinkered, I find it difficult to comprehend how you assume that the govt lacks basic competence.

If you read about many other european countries, they have experienced very similar problems to the UK, so by extension you are assuming that the majority of european politicians are incompetent.

Yesterday - schools open, go to school

Today - schools closed.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Yesterday - schools open, go to school

Today - schools closed.

I do despair at this sort of attitude.

Most education professionals agree that pupils are best served in schools, and the govt have been trying their level best to achieve this. Unfortunately it has now proved impossible to reduce current infection levels and hospitalization cases, and the govt have very reluctanly decided that keeping schools open is no longer possible.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Most education professionals agree that pupils are best served in schools, and the govt have been trying their level best to achieve this. Unfortunately it has now proved impossible to reduce current infection levels and hospitalization cases, and the govt have very reluctanly decided that keeping schools open is no longer possible.

But it was all fine just yesterday? I suggest you watch the Marr interview if you have not already done so.

And there was no change this morning either, so it all just came to light late this afternoon then?

I despair at people who try to defend the indefensible. It’s clear you are not a parent being told at 8pm tonight that you need to arrange childcare.

Edited by Eglesbrech
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

However, people have been making that observation for weeks.

Yet the government have waited until beyond the last minute to react 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

But it was all fine just yesterday? I suggest you watch the Marr interview if you have not already done so.

And there was no change this morning either, so it all just came to light late this afternoon then?

I despair at people who try to defend the indefensible. It’s clear you are not a parent being told at 8pm tonight that you need to arrange childcare.

Or, like my daughter, trying to sort online lessons tonight having been in school during the holiday preparing lessons, photocopying, setting up practical tasks just to be told late this afternoon that school will be closed until Jan 18th. 

Edited by Ardennais
  • Like 7

41 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

If you wish to make that comparison then that is entirely up to you.  Its not one that I would make personally.

All I was trying to say was  that anyone, no matter there competence or intelligence  can make mistakes. It's not unique to government ministers. I apologise if  you were offended by my comparisons.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

So leave the school's open you say.No shut them, hang on thought, Oh heck.

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

Or, like my daughter, trying to sort online lessons tonight having been in school during the holiday preparing lessons, photocopying, setting up practical tasks just to be told late this afternoon that school will be closed until Jan 18th. 

Is she in Wales as well.?

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

Your saying that she had no idea that a lockdown was on it's way?The other week when the daily death rate hit over 960 we've been expecting this,got a few more tins and bits in.Surely you've prepared and expected this at any time?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

All I was trying to say was  that anyone, no matter there competence or intelligence  can make mistakes. It's not unique to government ministers. I apologise if  you were offended by my comparisons.

Avril

I agree that we all make mistakes, I have even been known to make some 😇.

If we make too many, too often however there are usually consequences.

Just now, Eglesbrech said:

Exactly the point Zapp - lack of cohesion causes utter confusion. 

Look back through the posts on here and have a chuckle at people's changing and conflicting advice. So all 4 countries all say the same. All wrong or all right?

2 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

With regard to what?

If all 4 home nations have pretty much the same rules introduced at pretty much the same time, are they all incompetent ?, Or are there 4 sets of politicians supported by 4 sets of experts all trying to save our lives whilst also trying to give folk as much freedom as they can. As the whole of Europe are more, or less in the same position ,perhaps we are on the right track. In terms of vaccinating, we are leading the whole of Europe, not that it's a contest.

• Like 1