P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

10 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

I quite agree with you Brian, fuerteventura was very strict right from the start you were only allowed out once a week to get your shopping with the military stopping you at every roundabout checkpoint checking you out then stopping you on your way back and checking your shopping receipt, when taking dogs for a walk you were only aloud to go no more than 30 meters from your property, and still now you have to always wear a mask while out walking only to take it off while sitting down at a restaurant or lying on the beach , police driving around all the time wearing mask checking and will fine you , their COVID levels were very low but has risen just recently but still very low .

If you have the  answer as to why our infection rate is so high, and a guaranteed better solution to improve it, that does not cripple the economy; then I am sure that Boris would be very happy to have your input.

29 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

If you have the  answer as to why our infection rate is so high, and a guaranteed better solution to improve it, that does not cripple the economy; then I am sure that Boris would be very happy to have your input.

You do have a well developed sense of humour John. He won’t listen to his own experts so why would he listen to anyone else 😀

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

The economy is crippled in tier 4 anyway,it's just the idiots prolonging it by not adhering to it.All we're talking about here is stricter enforcement.

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

You do have a well developed sense of humour John. He won’t listen to his own experts so why would he listen to anyone else 😀

Which experts should he listen to? they can't make their minds up either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

The point is still the same, why would he listen to a lay person.

You quoted that he wouldn't listen to his own experts, which is what my reply was based on. He is listening to his own experts but which version? the ones that shout loudest or the ones that are more plausible. I certainly wouldn't want to be making life or death decisions based on various experts advice.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

You quoted that he wouldn't listen to his own experts, which is what my reply was based on. He is listening to his own experts but which version? the ones that shout loudest or the ones that are more plausible. I certainly wouldn't want to be making life or death decisions based on various experts advice.

But then you did not put yourself forward for public office. These dilemmas come with the territory. Those is high office choose to be there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

The economy is crippled in tier 4 anyway,it's just the idiots prolonging it by not adhering to it.All we're talking about here is stricter enforcement.

I dont want police diverted from keeping me safe from robbers and vandals onto the thankless task of trying to enforce covid restrictions on an unwilling public.

15 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

But then you did not put yourself forward for public office. These dilemmas come with the territory. Those is high office choose to be there.

That does not give them the divine ability to always make the right choices.  But plenty on here are only too willing to shout off with his head at the first hint of a wrong choice.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

That does not give them the divine ability to always make the right choices.  But plenty on here are only too willing to shout off with his head at the first hint of a wrong choice.

He was largely given the benefit of the doubt in the early days but there have now been more than a few hints of wrong choices...

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I dont want police diverted from keeping me safe from robbers and vandals onto the thankless task of trying to enforce covid restrictions on an unwilling public.

LOL,they don't do that anyway.I guess the economy will have to suffer a bit longer then.

33 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Please.......there haven't been any right choices.  It's been muddle and delay from the outset - what we're looking for is decisive leadership. Would you like a list of all the failures?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Loads of Tier 4 visitors to Cornwall and Cornwalls numbers have gone up by over 1000.  Devon's are not nearly as bad for some reason.  But just shows how it can increase very quickly.

I recently read that there was a number of hospital staff in Penzance were diagnosed with the virus and that one of our local pasty shops has also closed as some of their staff have come into contact with it and is being throughly cleaned and sanitized before it re-opens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnnieC said:

And your leader is locking down. 

Yes Parliament went into session at 2pm so that all parties could debate the new restrictions. There seems to be general consensus that it is necessary. 

The restrictions are even tougher than they were back in March to the end of January at present with a review mid month onward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1