P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

I finally left home to walk in a park 2 km away from home. I did it very early in the morning while my wife and kids were sleeping. I went there there across the forest and had a little time spent all alone by myself in silence. It was quite enjoyable I should say. In any way, things start to get better

Edited by Roger88
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

I'm sure I can see the birds. When I show people my pictures of the Caribbean I say " can you see the frigate bird ?, can you?. Look closely there it was....... Damb,must have missed it.

The birds are definitely there zap. Get the magnifying glass out.😆

Avril 

14 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Oh! thank goodness you found her!

Needs to return her PPE to the care home!

Have a good weekend! 

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I do not understand,maybe you have clicked on to the wrong post.

Graham

6 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Yep!! Sorry

Reply was to post 1497 by Son of Anarchy.

Nurse Nurse!!

Makes it even better!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

Easy to understand why, sun is shining weekend ahead, people talking about coastal visits.

Still not safe out there.not been out for nearly 9 weeks.

No intention of letting my volunteer down by being stupid, after everything she has done for us, support works both ways.

Will sit on our drive tomorrow and see if any one joins us from a distance.

Need little treats, wine merchant from Suffolk restocking my needs next week down to 3 to 5 day window for delivery so things are looking up.

Has JD been a comfort to you?

Enough jokers on here to make you smile!

So keep safe for everyone?

We've not been out either Mercury, and have no intention of doing so until we both feel confident that its safe enough for us. David managed to get us some extra flags from B&Q so Frank's been busy extending the patio area in time for our summer DIY staycation. Got a couple of bottles each  of moscato and zinfandel delivered with my Asda order yesterday,  not forgetting Frank's peroni of course. I'm looking forward to a little Al fresco dining this weekend if the weather's nice. We both enjoy a small 

glass of JD on an evening at the moment. Frank doing his watercolours and me my Codewords and looking through these threads. Life's what you make Mercury. It may be different but it's still good. Hope you enjoy your drive party tomorrow. Both stay safe.

Avril 

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I had a lovely surprise this morning. I opened the door to a young woman holding one large bouquet and one basket of flowers. I said I thought she'd come to the wrong house, she checked and said no it was correct. When I read the cards they were from our neighbour thanking both me and my daughter for getting her shopping and helping her during this time. I was so touched I cried.

So, Mablethorpe is our favourite. We haven't been for long time but when the children were young we went every year. We rented a bungalow opposite the beach and also a beach hut. There was a small takeaway fish & chip shop nearby which was amazing. The woman serving always called them 'duck' and they would quack all the way back to the bungalow. Happy memories 

Avril 

Yeah,but Papas have got their own pillows,they must sell like hot fishcakes.

11 hours ago, brian1 said:

Yeah,but Papas have got their own pillows,they must sell like hot fishcakes.

Mmm, sounds fishy to me Brian. I don't think it's my kind of plaice. Maybe salmonther time.😆😉

Avril 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Adawn47 said:

How was your day  mercury? 

Avril 

Did not venture out in the end, bit windy and looked like rain.so OH was not keen.

Must admit feeling a little bit trapped, despair at the daily numbers, and even worse the new additional cases daily.

62 days in, but fear not half way though 

My fly fishing lake is open, and so is my golf coarse, both with social distancing in action.

However as I have previously said, no intention to let down our helper, just makes things slightly more edgy.

Going to make liqueur french coffee this evening, works like JD. 

Thank you for asking.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Going to make liqueur french coffee this evening, works like JD. 

Make a couple of them, it works twice as well I find😉.

The weather was not so good here today either. The sun was out but that wind had a bite to it,  so no Al fresco dining for us today. Try not to look at the daily figures Mercury it won't help. I fell into that trap and it made me feel more depressed. When this is  over your fly fishing lake and golf course will still be there for you to enjoy. Until then take your drink into The Pub and have a laugh. As you know,  kalos is a total loony as are others on there. They cheer me up no end. "Tomorrow will be a better day" according to  Captain Tom.

Both take care.

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Mmm, sounds fishy to me Brian. I don't think it's my kind of plaice. Maybe salmonther time.😆😉

Avril 

Papas seem batter than the others.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, brian1 said:

OK,I do talk a load of pollacks sometimes.

I know, you poor sole. We'll I think I've managed to winkle out all I can relating to this fishy conversation so I'll just hop on my motor pike and side carp and be off. Bream me up Scotty. 😂.

Avril 

11 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I know, you poor sole. We'll I think I've managed to winkle out all I can relating to this fishy conversation so I'll just hop on my motor pike and side carp and be off. Bream me up Scotty. 😂.

Avril 

No worries  I knew I was gonna skate on thin ice with that one.Here's Dolly in her new home this morning after a 700 mile overnight journey in a van with 15 other rescue dogs.We're happy now.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

That's lovely. They all look so happy. Another good deed done. What's next?

Avril 

I know,people have said I will be beatified,but the hairdressers are not open yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Going to get your mullet sorted?

Sorry could not resist.

Have I two to contend with now Mercury?  😆😉 Welcome to the fray.

Really glad you're sense of humour has returned. I knew it wouldn't have gone far.

Avril 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Have I two to contend with now Mercury?  😆😉 Welcome to the fray.

Really glad you're sense of humour has returned. I knew it wouldn't have gone far.

Avril 

Getting concerned at the Shark Attacks and their John Dorries, cannot swallow hook line and sinker.

Soft trout pout!