P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

7 minutes ago, batholiver said:

Not a lot to talk about once you take the politics out!

Politics ? I'm sure we will struggle on without them as it is a cruise site .:classic_smile:

What things are like around here ...

The Family opposite us have had a roofing team come in and are retiling his roof.

So it looks like the building trade is back at work .

Was nice and sunny here this morning but is clouding over now temp 18deg .

I hope it does not rain while the roofers are working .:classic_smile:

37 minutes ago, amfc_lenny said:

A friend of mines, garden opens onto the local park so going round later for a few tinnies in the park. Takes me back to my youth😀

Thats nice ,have a nice time :classic_biggrin:    ff7f2be57a4854190aa6c6fb051e2753--ladybird-books-album-covers.jpg.021d3d3384fccce1651fafbbd56b3d1d.jpg  Thought this book would help .:classic_wink:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kalos said:

I hope it does not rain while the roofers are working .:classic_smile:

Are you sure about that kalos? I'm sure  you'd see the funny side of it from your ringside seat. Sunny spells here at the moment and 19°. I was going to sit outside but the neighbour just down from us is laying a patio or something and a cement mixer is going and he's cutting slabs. The noise and dust is terrible, so that's put paid to that idea. Never mind there's always tomorrow.

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47
Wrong temperature 😊

59 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Are you sure about that kalos? I'm sure  you'd see the funny side of it from your ringside seat. Sunny spells here at the moment and 19°. I was going to sit outside but the neighbour just down from us is laying a patio or something and a cement mixer is going and he's cutting slabs. The noise and dust is terrible, so that's put paid to that idea. Never mind there's always tomorrow.

Avril 

Avril ! 

Now if  I had come on here laughing at a poor blokes house with no roof,I bet  I would have got SLATED for doing so.:classic_wink:

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, kalos said:

Avril ! 

Now if  I had come on here laughing at a poor blokes house with no roof,I bet  I would have got SLATED for doing so.:classic_wink:

No, not the roof kalos.   The roofers. Skating around to get the roof covered up. Oh god I'm back to fish again now. Help😣

Avril 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, my marina bay said:

Avril  - I wish I could put my washing out. It's been raining pretty much non stop since Sunday here. On the positive side the garden is grateful.

We need some rain... The water butt is empty... 

Been lovely down here today. 

Andy 

45 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Same here. Set to be even warmer tomorrow. Lovely. 

Avril 

Been on the drive this afternoon, bucket of English sangria, brandy! Just the one Mrs Wembley! bottle of Adnams  french red wine, sugar free lemonade, cut up an orange and apple.  And did some tapas, olives, cheese and carrot battens.

Feel good

Bucket empty!

Cheers for tomorrow!

Have a good day!

• Like 3

So glad you had a lovely day. It's just what we all need to keep going forward. 

If the weather stays nice we will finally manage our Al fresco dinner.  Everytime I open the pantry door the wine waves to me but I've managed to resist, but only just.😆 I hope tomorrow is just as good for the both of you Mercury, or even better. 🍷

Avril 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

No, not the roof kalos.   The roofers. Skating around to get the roof covered up. Oh god I'm back to fish again now. Help😣

Avril 

We just finished the 6th BBQ of the year. Not quite a night on the tiles , but we had trifle for rafters.😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, kalos said:

Avril ! 

Hope he FELT better after.

28 minutes ago, brian1 said:

He must have his mate muttered something about his mate doing some flashing on the roof roof.:classic_blush:

All I could say was "Get in the house Mrs Kalos and ...DON'T LOOK UP !" :classic_ohmy: :classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Not quite a night on the tiles , but we had trifle for rafters.😂

56 minutes ago, brian1 said:

22 minutes ago, kalos said:

He must have his mate muttered something about his mate doing some flashing on the roof

Please get your minds out of the gutter. 😊

Avril 

• Like 1

Well, went for a walk to our local park today and were thrilled to bits that the 5 moorhen chicks are doing well and look like 'teenager'. Looks like the heron didn't get them after all :-)

More folk in the park today though and not as tranquil. In some ways we missed the peace and quiet of lockdown (pls don't tell us off for this) when it was just so full of nature taking over the environment.

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

We just finished the 6th BBQ of the year. Not quite a night on the tiles , but we had trifle for rafters.😂

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

1 hour ago, kalos said:

He must have his mate muttered something about his mate doing some flashing on the roof roof.:classic_blush:

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Please get your minds out of the gutter. 😊

Avril 

Reading this lot has left me feeling Drained  :classic_rolleyes:

and before you ask,  no I  will not feel Grate soon .:classic_wink:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

In some ways we missed the peace and quiet of lockdown (pls don't tell us off for this) when it was just so full of nature taking over the environment.

I miss the peace and quiet as well, so you're not on your own. The traffic has increased where we are as well. Over the last couple of weeks we've had a squirrel making his way along the fence every morning also a hedgehog snuffling around too. We haven't seen or heard either of them since yesterday. Such a shame.

Avril

10 hours ago, kalos said:

All I could say was "Get in the house Mrs Kalos and ...DON'T LOOK UP !" :classic_ohmy: :classic_rolleyes:

You're down to the gutter level now.PS just noticed Avril beat me to it on that one,lol.

Edited by brian1
  • Haha 2

Beautiful sunny morning here in Stoke, having been up since 6am all of the housework is now done so just looking forward to a pleasantly relaxing day in the garden. 

I hope that everything is fine with everyone else.

Kitchen fitter coming round later today to finally finish off our kickboards, and do a couple of other minor adjustments. 

I was considering doing a P&O,  and then waiting 60 days before paying the balance of the installation fee, but thanks to our in house IT department,  I will make the payment this afternoon. 

• Like 4